English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 09 July 2009, 10:16   #21
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Okays, I got the new wireless yesterday, and tried it quickly.

After a little fiddling, I got to connect to the network... or at least the router.

However:

I can now ping both ways (ie, PC-Amiga and Amiga-PC utlising EASYNet)
I can NOT:
Load a web page
connect to the Amiga with AmigaExplorer (says something about TCPIP fault error)
Connect to PC with EASYNet (no (t)error message) (Yes I've got a shared drawer on the PC, I've got the right network name in EASYNet, and I've got the right "everything")

So I'm once again, stuck... however, since I can ping the router and my own PC (Haven't bothered with me GF's PC yet, and it doesn't really matter )I'm halfsure there's just something small and silly I've missed.
Old 09 July 2009, 12:21   #22
amigakit.com

If you cannot load a webpage. that is a DNS problem. You need to use the correct DNS settings appropriate for your ISP.

Does EasyNet Live Update work? This does not need DNS to be set correctly. I also take it you can access your router from the web browser?
Old 09 July 2009, 21:26   #23
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

oh, didn't think about that... accessing the router, that is. gimme 5 minutes

Hmmm... Liveupdate works.

Router seems to work, but can'tget the interface (only got the AWeb coming with OS3.9 installed, might just be old version)(Rechecked with AWeb from the EASYNet install, works)

rechecked DNS, now set to same as in routers' infoscreen.

Still refuses to surf the web, though :scratch

:EDIT: Whoops, typed in wrong DNS address.....

surfing is now working, however, I can't connect to the PC via AExplorer nor EASYNet's hosts

Last edited by Doc Mindie; 09 July 2009 at 21:59.
Old 10 July 2009, 02:49   #24
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mindie View Post
oh, didn't think about that... accessing the router, that is. gimme 5 minutes

Hmmm... Liveupdate works.

Router seems to work, but can'tget the interface (only got the AWeb coming with OS3.9 installed, might just be old version)(Rechecked with AWeb from the EASYNet install, works)

rechecked DNS, now set to same as in routers' infoscreen.

Still refuses to surf the web, though :scratch

:EDIT: Whoops, typed in wrong DNS address.....

surfing is now working, however, I can't connect to the PC via AExplorer nor EASYNet's hosts
Hey I fixed your problem! You now owe me my $100,000 which is my usual fee for advice

I posted a thread somewhere here about connecting to your PC using EasyNet, it should even be possible to access your PC's CD/DVD drive that way.

Basically you need to share a folder on your PC and enable file sharing and update your PC's firewall to allow the Amiga to connect to it. In EasyNet the username/password fields are the username/password you use to login to your PC.
Old 10 July 2009, 08:28   #25
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Quote:
Basically you need to share a folder on your PC and enable file sharing and update your PC's firewall to allow the Amiga to connect to it. In EasyNet the username/password fields are the username/password you use to login to your PC.
Yup done that already... or rather, I never unshared the drawer on the PC :P

And I refuse to use a firewall, there's a very good one in the router.

I don't have a password for my PC.... only username.

EDIT: Possible to share an Amiga drawer an remote connect via the PC? (as in, proper network, not AE, since AE refuses not matter what I do here.)
EASYNet still refuses to connect to my PC shared.... that's with correct (I've doublechecked, just in case) IP-adress for both computer, corect netmask, correct sharename, workgroup-name.... at least I can get online this time around, however, I've got most stuff on the PC, so wouldn't really want to go online to find everything a second time around :P

Last edited by Doc Mindie; 10 July 2009 at 08:44.
Old 11 July 2009, 01:34   #26
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mindie View Post
Yup done that already... or rather, I never unshared the drawer on the PC :P

And I refuse to use a firewall, there's a very good one in the router.

I don't have a password for my PC.... only username.

EDIT: Possible to share an Amiga drawer an remote connect via the PC? (as in, proper network, not AE, since AE refuses not matter what I do here.)
EASYNet still refuses to connect to my PC shared.... that's with correct (I've doublechecked, just in case) IP-adress for both computer, corect netmask, correct sharename, workgroup-name.... at least I can get online this time around, however, I've got most stuff on the PC, so wouldn't really want to go online to find everything a second time around :P
Did you update your firewall settings? I had to add my Miggy's IP address to get it to work.
Old 13 July 2009, 10:55   #27
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Yep, done that... "Error reading from TCP connection" is what Amiga Explorer says