English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 April 2011, 00:48   #41
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr B View Post
Elektron's SidStation?
Sorry, but a product made 20 years later from spare/leftover parts hardly qualifies, now does it?
Old 05 April 2011, 00:52   #42
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Funny, you cant read? I just said i couldn't find any right now, but that i was fairly certain i read them earlier today. I would actually bother to try and find them again tomorrow, seeing as it's well past midnight here, and i'm not quite at my A-game, but seeing as you cant read, whats the point?
B!
Then don't post such a comment without a source. btw: It is true that Bob Yannes created the SID from scratch. The internet is full of SID articles or Bob Yannes interviews.
Old 05 April 2011, 00:55   #43
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Then don't post such a comment without a source.
So your excuse for being unable to read is... nothing? I clearly stated i couldn't FIND a source, AND i ADMITTED that this alone COULD indicate that I was WRONG.
What the hell is wrong with you? Well, aside from the not being able to read part. Fook if i care. Have it your way. I'm out of here.
B!
Old 05 April 2011, 00:58   #44
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I can't really understand why you "explode" like that. No need for such words, but anyway... maybe you have a better day tomorrow.
Old 05 April 2011, 01:01   #45
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
So your excuse for being unable to read is... nothing? I clearly stated i couldn't FIND a source, AND i ADMITTED that this alone COULD indicate that I was WRONG.
What the hell is wrong with you? Well, aside from the not being able to read part. Fook if i care. Have it your way. I'm out of here.
B!
Erm, well done? Sorry, but if you claim to be able to prove people wrong you shouldn't leave in a hissy fit if people question your sources. Just my two cent of course.
Old 05 April 2011, 01:04   #46
CritAnime

Sorry for not replaying for a while. I have been working some late shifts and I have not been able to get to my computer for a while. Woops :P

I will do a proper catchup post when I get home in the morning, because I am now on a night shift, but there is just one post that I really wanted to pass some sort of comment on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
They are basically worshipping these useless pieces of shit over at amiga.org. They're nothing short of an insult as far as I'm concerned.

Disgraceful.
Not only on Amiga.org but also Amigaworld.net and Lemonamiga.com. On all these forums I have seen posts about CUSA stuff and the amount of people basically falling over themselves everytime something new is announced. In fact I have seen WolfToTheMoon, a mod on the "official" CUSA fan site, been quite vocal on these forums and spreading the "joy". But also the first to complain if someone criticises their products.

It seems like this is one of the few Amiga community forums that they don't seem to have permeated. Whether it's because they are affraid of the backlash or because they don't want to bother with us. I don't honestly know.
Old 05 April 2011, 01:05   #47
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I was only curious which sources that might be, that's all. But i have already enough of this kind of arrogant replies. Anyway, back to topic.
Old 05 April 2011, 01:08   #48
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CritAnime View Post
Not only on Amiga.org but also Amigaworld.net and Lemonamiga.com. On all these forums I have seen posts about CUSA stuff and the amount of people basically falling over themselves everytime something new is announced.
Quite happy they haven't 'invaded' us yet and I'm quite sure that they won't get the responses they're looking for here. This is mainly because they try to cash out on a long dead name, not they offer the formentioned overpriced and underpowered products in the first place.

Quote:
It seems like this is one of the few Amiga community forums that they don't seem to have permeated. Whether it's because they are affraid of the backlash or because they don't want to bother with us. I don't honestly know.
I care to say that most of us here are happy if they don't bother with EAB
Old 05 April 2011, 01:30   #49
CritAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Quite happy they haven't 'invaded' us yet and I'm quite sure that they won't get the responses they're looking for here.
Which is one of the reasons why I love both reading the posts and making new posts here. Because you guys speak your mind and show your passion.

Last edited by CritAnime; 05 April 2011 at 01:31. Reason: just general edits.
Old 05 April 2011, 03:33   #50
Battlstarcanada
www.battlestarcanada.com

Quote:
Sorry for not replaying for a while. I have been working some late shifts and I have not been able to get to my computer for a while. Woops :P

I will do a proper catchup post when I get home in the morning, because I am now on a night shift, but there is just one post that I really wanted to pass some sort of comment on.

Not only on Amiga.org but also Amigaworld.net and Lemonamiga.com. On all these forums I have seen posts about CUSA stuff and the amount of people basically falling over themselves everytime something new is announced. In fact I have seen WolfToTheMoon, a mod on the "official" CUSA fan site, been quite vocal on these forums and spreading the "joy". But also the first to complain if someone criticises their products.

That's why I'm here now. It was getting out of control on those sites.
Old 05 April 2011, 05:47   #51
Pyromania

Does everyone here think CommodoreUSA threads should not be allowed on Amiga.org? I have a little say in the matter.

Old 05 April 2011, 06:21   #52
CritAnime

From my point of view as long as they aren't going OTT with things then I don't care. I don't really visit there enough to have any say on what goes off with their forum. It's just it spilling into this forum that concerns me.

Advertising is one thing but having questions and comments beaten down is another.

But going back to the original post on the thread. I still don't understand how they have managed to score this advertising with Disney. Also it would now appear that they are getting ready to start selling something as the stores section of the site has suddenly become more active.

----
Edit:
Seems their website is toppeling over ATM with some application errors. So dunno whats happening.

Last edited by CritAnime; 05 April 2011 at 06:31. Reason: Recent changes
Old 05 April 2011, 08:14   #53
ChrisUnionNJ
Amibay Mod/Staff

Here we go they just opened the store for pre orders and they renamed the older ones Vic's now..

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Here we go!!.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	28311  
Old 05 April 2011, 08:50   #54
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
...and Lemonamiga.com. On all these forums I have seen posts about CUSA stuff and the amount of people basically falling over themselves everytime something new is announced...
No you haven't.
Old 05 April 2011, 09:23   #55
CritAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisUnionNJ View Post
Here we go they just opened the store for pre orders and they renamed the older ones Vic's now..

Chris
They seriously trying to sell that pro machine at $895. Thats putting it into the same price range as this Dell and this one. And $595 for the C64x thing. I knew they were nuts but thats taking it to a whole new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
No you haven't.
Sorry my mistake. It's lemon64.com I have seen stuff about CUSA on. Sorry about that I am feeling the delirium from working night shifts.

=======
edit-
In my night shift induced delirium I have unfairly said that the lemonamiga.com and lemon64.com were rammed with rubbish about CUSA. This is not the case, though there is some but not much on lemon64, and I wish to apologize about this.

Last edited by CritAnime; 05 April 2011 at 09:36. Reason: edited for fairness
Old 05 April 2011, 09:25   #56
gilgamesh
Linux snob

Ok, this is the first time I've seen prices. That's ugly.
Old 05 April 2011, 09:27   #57
khph_re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania View Post
Does everyone here think CommodoreUSA threads should not be allowed on Amiga.org? I have a little say in the matter.

Heavier modding, and CUSA threads not being dumped in Amiga sections and the front page would help calm things down a little. 'otherOS' would be a good place, then if people go looking for them, it's up to them.

We have lost some good people not interested in CUSA one way or the other (Amigamance, KTthunder, coldfish -all collateral damage). The number of threads dedicated to them continues to rise, and spills over into other threads.
I really don't want to live through R vs B again.
Old 05 April 2011, 09:32   #58
CritAnime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
Ok, this is the first time I've seen prices. That's ugly.
Them prices are a tad ludicrous.
Old 05 April 2011, 09:40   #59
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Them prices are a tad ludicrous.

I mean, what did you expect?
Old 05 April 2011, 10:45   #60
CritAnime

Just been looking at their options for each system. The c64 has the option of BluRay Drive. However none of the selections actually have this ticked. Also the deluxe C64 is $795.

Anyway I am off to bed.