English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 19 June 2010, 16:10   #1
W4r3DeV1L

Send a message via MSN to W4r3DeV1L
Received a fake and copied OS 3.9

Hello amigans,

On 2005 I had bought an original copy of OS 3.9 at Vesalia but I had lost the CD Cover! You could imagine what this means for a collector like me!
I wanted to have cd and label too so I cannot but use ebay to find one!
So 10 days ago I was followin an aution on eBay of a still sealed Amiga OS 3.9 CD.
The big surprise arrived today. I have found a small package in my post box and when I opened it I realized that I wasted something like 40 euros for a counterfeit Amiga OS 3.9 CD.
The disk and it's label have been done with a deskjet printer!

What can I do?
What should I do know?

By now I only send an email to him and open a procedure on paypal since I used paypal to pay him but this has been a fraud! Isn't it?

What can I do? Help me please!!! I am mad and at the same time scared!
Old 19 June 2010, 16:59   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Which auction was it? Do you have the number?

Yes this is a case of fraud. You can open a case against him on eBay and try to have his account suspended if they believe you. I've never successfully been able to do this for anyone so don't be surprised if you are unsuccessful.

You can get your money back through PayPal (after a lengthy case) if the guy wont refund your money himself.

Depending where you are in the world you can inform the Police and / or the trading standards with his details from PayPal.

To be honest it will be difficult / impossible to get anyone to listen. Try to get your money back and then leave it at that. Bring awareness to other people about his ebay identity and auctions so they will avoid them.
Old 19 June 2010, 19:52   #3
deicidal
Registered Insane

I'd contact the seller first and say what the hell is this that you have sent me and ask for a full refund, if that fails then use paypal to dispute it, I have always had pretty good results with paypal.

Like alexh said give us the name of the seller so people know hes to be avoided
Old 19 June 2010, 21:49   #4
W4r3DeV1L

Send a message via MSN to W4r3DeV1L
Quote:
Originally Posted by deicidal View Post
I'd contact the seller first and say what the hell is this that you have sent me and ask for a full refund, if that fails then use paypal to dispute it, I have always had pretty good results with paypal.

Like alexh said give us the name of the seller so people know hes to be avoided

Is possible to tell everybody avoiding slamming?
Is this allowed by ebay? Or do I need to write only "Bad Experience" on the feedback field?
Old 19 June 2010, 22:04   #5
deicidal
Registered Insane

I wouldnt personally leave any feed back until after you have contacted him and seen what he has to say, but yeh once you have your money back or if you think your not going to get it id mention that the product you received was counterfeit
Old 26 June 2010, 12:38   #6
Hewitson

This is nothing but normal.

A few years ago I purchased OS3.9 from vesalia and I still remember the disappointment when I opened the package and realised it was a CD-R..

I know many others who have had the same experience.