English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 19 October 2006, 08:37   #1
emuola
Registered Whdload user

How to add games to database?

Hi,

there are some (from my point of view) legendary games, that are missing from the latest database. How can I add a few games on my own? I have the adf:s and the screenies ready
Old 19 October 2006, 10:06   #2
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

You can add games to your personal database, but if games are actually missing you should report them to Belgarath so he can look into that and if neccessary add them to the official database. Best just post info and screenshots right in this thread for discussion.

I don't have time to go into detail on adding games to your own personal database right this second (got to leave the house in 5-10 minutes), I can write some more on the subject this evening if you can't figure it out yourself and still want to.
Old 19 October 2006, 21:04   #3
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Ok, here goes:

Name of the missing game: Nitro
Year: 1990
Publisher: Psygnosis
Screenies attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nitro1.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	12309  

Last edited by emuola; 16 October 2009 at 14:09.
Old 20 October 2006, 16:57   #4
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

eLowar meant you should reply with info and screenshots if the game wasn't listed in the GameBase Amiga database at all, Nitro is in there, but it doesn't have any adf's attached to it.

The best way to attach your own adfs is in GameBase go to Tools > Paths
Then add another directory under the games tab and point it to where your non gb amiga adf's are. Then right click on Nitro and select add gamefile, select the new dir and browse to the adf you want to use.

2 things to bear in mind though, any custom games/versions you add will be lost when you download the next official update and any adfs you attach this way have a good chance of working but it's of course no way guaranteed.
Old 23 October 2006, 11:06   #5
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Strange...

I cannot spot Nitro either from the 1.3 dat-file or from the latest screenshot "pile" I have the NItro adf:s, but should the game itself *really* be in the database?

I may have overlooked something, I just started my "MAGE" voyage
Old 23 October 2006, 12:55   #6
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Are you in the wrong view perhaps? Directly under the list of games it may be saying "Configured Games - Have" or something like that, just click on it to change the view and select "All Games"
Old 23 October 2006, 15:37   #7
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Ok, found it

But, If I try to define the game file (Nitro.zip, containing Nitro.adf, located where all the other "N-games" are) the Gamebase says "Archive contains an incompatible file..." or something like that. What's wrong? I can define the screenshot files easily and they work.
Old 23 October 2006, 16:21   #8
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Er..it shouldn't say that, if it works for one zipped adf it should work for any zipped adf unless there's something wrong with the archive. Try taking a screenshot of the error so i can see what's going on.
Old 23 October 2006, 16:34   #9
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Ok,

here goes. There's also the plain adf-file, which I tested, but don't care about that.

Last edited by emuola; 16 October 2009 at 14:09.
Old 23 October 2006, 17:18   #10
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

That shouldn't happen....unless you've changed something in gemus..click on gemus in the menu, then click on where it says winuae. then make sure it says ZIP under supported native file types.
Old 23 October 2006, 18:31   #11
emuola
Registered Whdload user

Ok,

I had somehow managed to mess my complete Gamebase installation. I couldn't setup any emulators for some weird reason. I installed everything from scratch and now even my lovely Nitro runs like a dream Thanks for our help. I try not to mess things up anymore. Any thoughts why this (no emulators were available and I couldn't setup any, no matter what) could happen? I have Gamebase64 and Gamebase Amiga.
Old 23 October 2006, 21:43   #12
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

I've had that error before...Can't for the life of me remember how I fixed it though! It's quite a rare GameBase bug so fingers crossed it shouldn't happen again.