English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 19 January 2018, 22:28   #21
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
He reminds me of myself. I don't like [Amiga] Challenges unsolved. Sometimes, it's not a good "obsession" and causes personal problems, but not that common. I've learned to...relax it a bit through practice, but I can definitely understand where he comes from.

I'm with you brother and probably of the same gene.

...though Amiga? Anything really

*** sorry; I'll stop making drunken posts and interrupting this thread now; step away from the computer ***
Old 20 January 2018, 00:23   #22
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I'm with you brother and probably of the same gene.

...though Amiga? Anything really

*** sorry; I'll stop making drunken posts and interrupting this thread now; step away from the computer ***
Hahaha! Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah...not entirely limited to Amiga. Shhhh!

Depends what you'rrrrrrree drrrtthhrinking an....an....an...how mooo--uch. Actually I had run X-Surf 100 Z2 and Z3 together, matter of fact: I haven't done it before, but for fun.. I just enabled the Commodore Ethernet, X-Surf 100 Z2 & Z3..all 3 together. In Hardware info I see the Commodore one is first..which is why it's drivers are loaded and used before the X-Surfs. Not a black screen at all. As you posted. Were you seeing Doubles?? Wink, Wink, Nudge, Nudge, Know what I mean?
Old 20 January 2018, 01:22   #23
Saghalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
Depends what you'rrrrrrree drrrtthhrinking an....an....an...how mooo--uch.
Jamison... as much as possible with bad kidneys...
Old 20 January 2018, 02:09   #24
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saghalie View Post
Jamison... as much as possible with bad kidneys...
There's an Eastern way of repairing them but you have to do physical stuff that will hurt that Western Doctors don't understand. If you're interested..private message me. Don't if you're NOT really willing to DO what's required...and for the rest of your life. Beats all Western stuff, and I know many who've done it. It...will...hurt as you do the stuff...but it will restore them..slowly/gradually..depends a lot on your Inner Mindset Awareness, too.
Old 29 January 2018, 16:55   #25
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z has rewritten interrupt handling in PPC mode which should fix this problem. Very minimal testing so far but if you want to try it
Old 29 January 2018, 17:59   #26
spudje

Is the X-Surf 100 even supported by AOS4.1? I thought not. Or doesn't that matter in WinUAE?
Old 31 January 2018, 22:01   #27
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z has rewritten interrupt handling in PPC mode which should fix this problem. Very minimal testing so far but if you want to try it
I'll check it.

Update: It's crashing as before, at least from a Normal User level of noticing. There aren't any dumps being made by WinUAE, so I'll create 2 like I did last time. But I have to step way from the keys for a bit for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Is the X-Surf 100 even supported by AOS4.1? I thought not. Or doesn't that matter in WinUAE?
Sure, works with my real A4000. Use the device driver for 68K (68030).

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 31 January 2018 at 22:37.
Old 01 February 2018, 09:25   #28
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Don't attach any dumps until next official beta (in next few days I think). "Unofficial" dumps are not useful.
Old 01 February 2018, 19:10   #29
AC/DC HACKER!

I meant I could create dumps from the above exe. But, okay, I'll hold on doing so until the next beta. You wanted to know about it from this one, gotcha, and have more you're going to check along with other changes. Aye, Captain!
Old 03 February 2018, 20:14   #30
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Now it is time to download 3.6.1b1 and create the dump file
Old 06 February 2018, 19:02   #31
AC/DC HACKER!

Hehehe! Direct hint.. There were a few things happening in private life.

As per request...

URL not needed anymore.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 07 February 2018 at 17:22. Reason: Removed link.
Old 06 February 2018, 19:42   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Unfortunately these crashes make no sense at all. It is just in critical section lock function without no exception reported.

Which dialog did Windows show?

EDIT: Redownload http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.7z and try again.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 06 February 2018 at 20:35.
Old 07 February 2018, 17:23   #33
AC/DC HACKER!

I keep all UAE files I've downloaded. But I'll confirm which it is...and re-run tests.
Old 07 February 2018, 18:11   #34
AC/DC HACKER!

Ahhh, I didn't DL the newest Public Beta 2 yet. Dumps and logs..

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 07 February 2018 at 20:34. Reason: Removed links.
Old 07 February 2018, 19:44   #35
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Same unexplained thing again..

- does same happen if you disable uae boot rom? (set it to disabled in rom panel)
- also switch off MMU emulation, more compatible.
Old 07 February 2018, 20:21   #36
AC/DC HACKER!

Hmm... Switching off Boot ROM (I know where it's at, and I also understand you're used to informing almost everything. Wink!). Also switching off MMU and More Compatible...which I hadn't considered yet.

Loaded this exe again. Went to QuickStart and chose A4000 CSPPC. Disabled JIT and left everything else CPU related alone. In ROM, disabled ROM. RAM; added 256 Z3 Fast. Added my 2 usual Hard Drives..to CSPPC SCSI... (1) and (2).
Network: Enabled A2065 since I've been noticing crashes with it or X-Surf 100 Z3 enabled. Using A2065 for now.
Since RAM's ROM is disabled, using Picasso 4 as UAEGFX won't work then.
Changed Display Res to Super Hires for clearer image. Everything else is as I've typed. Now clicking Start.
Seeing AmigaOS 4.x logo..and now Desktop and sound. X-Surf 100 reported as not found, typical since it's not enabled. All graphics are looking as should.
Running Odyssey browser.. Looks good, and it showing the Aminet search of Payback as it was the last page visited. Now attempting download.
MS VC++ Runtime Library has terminated in an unusual way. A moment for so and then crash prompt for WinUAE. Close problem quits it but the Icon is the tray as usual remains. Hover over that and it's gone now. Windows 7 64-bit.

Now running it again, but only change I'll make is with enabling X-Surf 100 Z3. I am NOT loading any configs. To make sure that's clear to you. Smiling. Same thing.
Now I'm going to do it again, adding A2065, and adding hard files with uaehf.device instead of CSPPC.. uaehf.device (1) and uaehf.device (2) added.

Now I'm getting the Kickstart insert Disk screen. Click Restart from F12.. Changing both uaehf.devices to CSPPC... Clicking Start.. Colors flashing, AmigaOS 4.x logo, and now Workbench. Ran Odyssey and MS program terminated...

I'm going to go ahead and make a new AmigaOS 4.x install, and check with Odyssey along the way as I update OS 4.x and see if _something_ shows itself to me.
Old 07 February 2018, 20:28   #37
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Picasso IV (and any other hardware emulated cards) will work fine without boot ROM. uaegfx does not.

EDIT: and obviously uae boot rom is not the real problem..
Old 07 February 2018, 20:31   #38
AC/DC HACKER!

I did some checking before that testing above, and I had made a Screen with Screens Prefs for Odyssey to display on, so I decided to delete that (or rename) and then it loads on the WB screen. Of course. When I'd choose to download, the Download manager would show but the download would not start. So I used MUI just now, thinking maybe there's a connection and it's NOT WinUAE..??? But using MUI to create the screen the same crash would happen, or at least perhaps not "same" but that MS terminate happens. Hmm.. I haven't done so in a while, I'll use another PPC browser and see if that MS terminate still happens.
Old 07 February 2018, 20:32   #39
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Picasso IV (and any other hardware emulated cards) will work fine without boot ROM. uaegfx does not.

EDIT: and obviously uae boot rom is not the real problem..
Agreed about both.
Old 07 February 2018, 20:34   #40
AC/DC HACKER!

I doubt it, but I'll ask anyway.. Shall I record a video for you to see all the steps and stuff? The links I had provided before will display video through your browser.