English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 14 March 2014, 13:47   #1
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Flashback music bug?

In the process of playing Amiga flashback, I've noticed there is no Music played when picking up an object like credits, bridge generator or keys. The music is in the disk though as ":music\donneobj". Just wondering if this is a game bug, not intended to work, or just me its not working for. I don't have the expertise to try and debug the game I am using the Original English retail version of the game.

I also wonder if there should be a music piece for when using a recharge point. No actual music on the disk that sounds similar to other game versions though.

Just to add, I have noticed at least one in game animation not in other versions of the game when replacing the 'Fuse' near the start of level 2.
Old 19 March 2014, 08:14   #2
pintcat

Same here (tested with German and English version). I honestly doubt that this is a bug since every Amiga version behaves the same way.
I also remember when playing this on older hardware with lower chipmem, some of the smaller, less important cut scenes were completely left out and replaced by simple text messages.
Old 19 March 2014, 12:50   #3
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

The animations were optional on floppy, and enabled by default when installed to hd. I just thought it odd that one music piece doesn't play on the Amiga version even though its on the disk.
Old 19 March 2014, 16:16   #4
pintcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
The animations were optional on floppy, and enabled by default when installed to hd.
Ah, that was the reason! Maybe those unused songs are just parts of unfinished plans due to production time limits or Audiomonster was working too fast and they said "Wow - stop it! We never wanted to have this one in the game too." Who knows...
Old 19 March 2014, 22:26   #5
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
In the process of playing Amiga flashback, I've noticed there is no Music played when picking up an object like credits, bridge generator or keys. The music is in the disk though as ":music\donneobj". Just wondering if this is a game bug, not intended to work, or just me its not working for..
What makes you think that donneobj is what should be played at such times?

donneobj is played when you give or are given an item (donneobj stands for "donne objet" i.e. "give item" I guess). For instance, when you give credits at the end of the first level to get the the anti-G belt and then when you are given the anti-G belt.
Old 19 March 2014, 22:50   #6
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

You're right. I'm having a n00b moment. I played all 4 original versions last week and got confused! The Amiga version is missing a simple 2 tone jingle for picking up items such as credits and nothing for the recharge or bridge controls either. The Amiga always did get left behind and often ended up the worst off when comparing the same games on multiple platforms. As mentioned already though, the Amiga version got one extra animation not in other versions when fitting the fuse near the start of level2.