English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 11 August 2019, 22:47   #1
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Floppy disk AmiSaber

Hi!

This would be probably an odd (but probably an interesting) one!
My brother is a big BeatSaber fan and he try to make a clone to the Commodore Amiga! (Why not?)
(If you know this game You know why it is so popular.)

So here is the result:

There is an info.txt that describes how you can convert any Beatsaber song into AmiSaber format.
You could play it with one or two mouse!
..and here is the AMOS source as well.
[ Show youtube player ]

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hziyd4xkvp...Saber.rar?dl=0

BeatSaber clone for 68K Amiga.
Runs on a stock A500 with HDD but more is needed.
The project is startted with an idea to build an ArduinoNano+GyroMPU6050 controller to simulate hand movement throu the amiga mouse.
The Arduino controller was too slow, the data came out delayed... allways.
So it was a fail, but I tried to recreate the game for fun, as cose as I can and possible.
(I dont know how useable woud be a lightgun?)

The Custom (TEST) songs are are from:
https://bsaber.com/

Amos Source:
Sövény Imre
Hungary - 2019.08.20.

Level:
1. Author
2. Title
3. Beat per minute
4. Time code
5. Row
6. Collumn
7. Color (0 Blue,1 Red,2 bomb)
8. Cut directions 0 up, 1 down, 2 left, 3 right, 4 ul, 5 ur, 6 dl, 7 dr, 8 mid)
.... Repeat 4-8

Filename can be anything start with "level "+number+".txt"
Use Bs2As.exe (Winx86) to convert original BeatSaber Custom Songs to Amisaber format.
Or you can create your own levels with a BeatSaber Level Editor and convert it.
Just copy to the Custom Song folder you want to convert and execute.
You can download Custom Songs from:
https://bsaber.com/

VFX:
1. Time code
2. Title
3. Beat per minute

Filename can be anything start with "level "+number+".afx".
It is for the backgroud visualfx...not needed.
When it is exists, the rhytmic bacground lighting is from that file.
When it dont exists, the rhytmic bacground lighting is off or with sync with the boxes.

Background Image:
Filename can be anything start with "level "+number+".bg"
Normal 4 color iff (0:black,1:blue,2:red,3:white).
Colors are a dimmed versions of the color theme you chose.
...not needed

Music:
Filename can be anything start with "level "+number+".mod" or "level "+number+".iff"
The only rule is either Tracker Music OR! IFF Sample.
I used Goldwave to convert OGG (and EGG) files to IFF Samples.
In that case you have to create a "level "+number+".fre" file, it contains the sampling rate.
Sampling buffer is fixed at start. You have to modify manualy in options file if you need more.
In case of MOD music, the speed is set to 100bpm and 100%

OPTIONS:
"options" file contains sampling buffer size.

1. zoom ...field of view?
2. number of blocks on screen+1
3. player distance from screen
4. time or audio sync (0: time, 1: audio)
5. quality (1:wire, 2: Poly?)
6. color theme (1,2,3)
7. mouse mode (1:left or red only, 2: right or blue, 3: 1+2)
8. speed (%)
9. max fail count (0:Off or 1...10)
10. sound (0:Off, 1:On)
11. info panel (0:Off, 1:On)
12. start level (1)
13. sound buffer size (at least x*11025, and x*2 if stereo!)
14. VFX (0:Off, 1:On or Pulse if there is a *.afx file)

Last edited by gyagyagyerek; 01 May 2020 at 17:01. Reason: Speedup & Link Update
Old 11 August 2019, 23:14   #2
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Interesting! Did you stream the music from the hard drive? I know AmosPro could do it but I'm too lazy to check the source myself.
Old 11 August 2019, 23:51   #3
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Yes, the songs had been converted into .iff samples. They could be really big in size so it must be streamed.
It's also capale of playing .mod files, but then you have to make a txt file with a "box sequence", similar like in BeatSaber.
Old 12 August 2019, 00:16   #4
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Cool!
Old 19 August 2019, 13:19   #5
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Updated:

..and fixed:
-Better sync with music.
-Updated Beatsaber converter.
-All kinds of boxes and mines are visible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AmiSaber.gif
Views:	1670
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	64161  
Old 19 August 2019, 21:00   #6
nujack
Zone Friend

Awesome! Thank you very much for that "port".
Could you do an upload to Aminet please? Download is very slow and it's a big file.
Old 19 August 2019, 21:59   #7
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Floppy disk An Other link..

Sorry , but I always had problems with aminet. :S
I can't register. I can upload a file to ftp -s, but where (there is a lot)..?

But (for a while) You can download the actual version from here as well:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvm6v5utgh...Saber.rar?dl=0

Last edited by gyagyagyerek; 27 August 2019 at 21:55. Reason: Link Update
Old 23 August 2019, 20:55   #8
zzbylu
Saberman

and small gameplay:
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 23 August 2019, 21:32   #9
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Still not tested but looks cool from zzbylu's video .
It reminds me "modsurfer" that was developed recently during the coder contest (except that with AmiSaber we have also to manage up/down )

Was wondering if you could not reduce the size of the 8svx audio files. Wouldn't a mod take less place ? (only asking )
Old 23 August 2019, 23:09   #10
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Yes You Can..

As it is more like a "port" of Beat Saber so you can swing left-right, up- down with two mouse at the same time.
BEATSABER:
[ Show youtube player ]
Yes, you could downsample the .iff files to lower quality. The rar contains 22khz mono files.

There is a converter and an info file (info.txt) in the rar file, that describes how you can import any BeatSaber song into AmiSaber.

It also works with .mod files.
Old 04 April 2020, 14:57   #11
Korodny
Zone Friend

I stumbled across this thread just now. The Dropbox links were dead, and it took 1.5 hours (and seven resumes) to actually download the 70 MB archive. I took the liberty to upload it to Aminet, had to repack it as LhA because Aminet does not support RAR.

Should any other developers ever be puzzled as to where to put their potential Aminet upload, note that there's a file called README_BEFORE_UPLOAD in the root directory which does tell you what to do.
Old 04 April 2020, 18:57   #12
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

I remember there was long time ago the possibility from audiomaster to insert cue points in a sample so to extend its duration by repeating some areas; i wonder if someone could code a similar encoder for longer songs that recognize redundant areas and cue points it; would be probably still in the one or two megabytes per song (and probably around 11khz) but more manageable?
Old 04 April 2020, 23:25   #13
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
I remember there was long time ago the possibility from audiomaster to insert cue points in a sample so to extend its duration by repeating some areas; i wonder if someone could code a similar encoder for longer songs that recognize redundant areas and cue points it; would be probably still in the one or two megabytes per song (and probably around 11khz) but more manageable?
I am not familiar with AudioMaster, but playing and repeating predefined parts in a sequence from a much larger (better quality) sample could just as well result in a larger filesize and in that case (i think) the entire thing must be loaded into memory...? If there is not so much ram in your amiga (in example an A500) it can't work. In other hand streaming a file does not eat a lot of ram and does not limit the length of the songs. There are BeatSaber songs than 15-20 minutes long.
Amisaber can work with .mod files as well. That is basicly (almost) the same thing you described what AudioMaster can do, but you have 4 channels and a small filesize.
Old 04 April 2020, 23:46   #14
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korodny View Post
I stumbled across this thread just now. The Dropbox links were dead, and it took 1.5 hours (and seven resumes) to actually download the 70 MB archive. I took the liberty to upload it to Aminet, had to repack it as LhA because Aminet does not support RAR.

Should any other developers ever be puzzled as to where to put their potential Aminet upload, note that there's a file called README_BEFORE_UPLOAD in the root directory which does tell you what to do.
Ok, thank you! I tried it with an LHA file, but there was a lot of ftp -s, maybe i have tried a wrong one (or i made something).
The dropbox link from the first post should work! (That is the latest.)
Old 05 April 2020, 03:46   #15
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyagyagyerek View Post
Amisaber can work with .mod files as well. That is basicly (almost) the same thing you described what AudioMaster can do, but you have 4 channels and a small filesize.
Mentioning Audiomaster was for the case you needed to keep the songs as samples; if you can also use mod files that is of course not needed.
Old 26 April 2020, 21:56   #16
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Completelly missed your game, but just seen it in AmigaBill's stream and it was hillarious. I am looking forward to a live competition in some of our local Amiga parties.
Old 30 April 2020, 23:43   #17
gyagyagyerek
DIY

I saw it too! It's possible, that it should be converted slower and easier stages to play! It is still possible. The converter (with instructions) is in the download package and bsaber.com has a lot of downloadable songs.
Old 01 May 2020, 17:07   #18
gyagyagyerek
DIY

Floppy disk New version/update

Since its has a little more attention, we've just updated the link. The games framerate is almost doubled compared to the previous version and there is a few extra levels as well. Have fun with it!
Old 02 May 2020, 19:11   #19
nujack
Zone Friend

That’s awesome! Thank you very much for these improvements!!!
It‘s now playable on my A4000/060 and I like the different backgrounds and effects.
Are there any plans to make the sword-sound louder to get a better signal when you hit an item? And can we hope for an AGA-version build with AMOS_AGA that was released some days ago?
Last but not least I still hope for 3D-support (e.g. i-glasses). That would be really cool.
Thank you for that game. I love it!
Old 03 May 2020, 00:46   #20
gyagyagyerek
DIY

random thoughts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujack View Post
That’s awesome! Thank you very much for these improvements!!!
It‘s now playable on my A4000/060 and I like the different backgrounds and effects.
Are there any plans to make the sword-sound louder to get a better signal when you hit an item? And can we hope for an AGA-version build with AMOS_AGA that was released some days ago?
Last but not least I still hope for 3D-support (e.g. i-glasses). That would be really cool.
Thank you for that game. I love it!
I-Glasses are (based on the infos around the internet) not complicated at all, but making a game suitable for that could be challenging. It certenly needs testing, etc... (It would be mutch easyer if WinUAE had an emulation for HTC-VIVE or OCULUS ) We don't own any Headset. I know You have one , but how many others could have one too?

The base gameplay of BeatSaber is very simple, but suprisingly enjoable. Making an unofficial port on Amiga was an experiment as we described in the main thread. Making a more 1:1 clone from an existing (and copyrighted) game can easily take a wrong turn. Luckily doing it on a retro computer probably won't draw too much attencion, possibly even free advertising but we don't want to experimenting on that (see c64Mario for example).

If you see into the source code, you see, that the boxes are not really positioned in a 3D space. It was simpler and faster to do this that way. AMOS is a cool language but it is very slow, particulary in 3D. There could be a lot of boxes on the sereen + background + sabers + effects (maybe) at once..

Theoretically it is very possible to do this on a faster amiga, but it certenly need somebody with better understandment in assembly language (and 3D). We allways attached the sourcecodes to our projects. If someone interested to take the game into the next level (the third dimension or VR) than i think this source is a good starting point.

Please don't get me wrong! We also want to see to work that on an Amiga in VR, but we also don't want lawyers to knocking at our doors!