English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 June 2013, 17:44   #1
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Last Ninja IV ...Maybe !!

Those who remember the " Last Ninja " Series especially on the good old C64...could help here

Well System 3 has hinted at a new version...
Now I can imagine it like " Tomb Raider Guardian of light with its amazing isometric scrolling 3D engine...
I have posted saying it could be funded via a kick starter as have a few other Elite fans from the ED Forum trying to maybe get them to go down that road...Wouldn't that be fun !!

If anyone else is a big fan I wonder if we can get the ball rolling on this one.....Power of the people etc
Go here and leave a comment
http://www.system3.com/games/last-ninja/

Here's how it could look with an amazing scrolling engine...

n
Old 26 June 2013, 17:58   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

Look out for Donkey Kong at the top of stairs.
Old 26 June 2013, 18:34   #3
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
No offence synchro, but after the Putty Squad teasing, System 3 can kiss my ars@.
When they deliver putty Amiga I might get behind their new business ventures.
Old 26 June 2013, 18:46   #4
blade002
Zone Friend

If they do it then they need to keep it simple, none of the slashing effects, no over the top explosions and no 100 enemies on screen at once!

Keep it to it's original formula with spiced up graphics with a couple of new features and be done with it.

and OH, try to get some new SID chip style tunes done for the new installment no 50 cent rap shit, no David Guetta (if that's his name?) style crap just keep it unique as gaming once used to be.
Old 26 June 2013, 21:59   #5
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI View Post
No offence synchro, but after the Putty Squad teasing, System 3 can kiss my ars@.
When they deliver putty Amiga I might get behind their new business ventures.
Sorry to hear that...Odds on getting it for the Amiga now are pretty much Zero ...

But I created you your very own Standalone version of Putty Squad

Download it here !!
http://www.eliteforever.co.uk/Putty%20Squad.rar

Have Fun !!
Old 26 June 2013, 22:05   #6
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
If they do it then they need to keep it simple, none of the slashing effects, no over the top explosions and no 100 enemies on screen at once!

Keep it to it's original formula with spiced up graphics with a couple of new features and be done with it.

and OH, try to get some new SID chip style tunes done for the new installment no 50 cent rap shit, no David Guetta (if that's his name?) style crap just keep it unique as gaming once used to be.
All sounds pretty good to me.....However....Back to Manhattan in the story maybe ? actually there's no limits.....Varied locations around the world could work ...no memory restrictions this time
Old 26 June 2013, 22:46   #7
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
@Synchro Wow! That is awesome thanks!
Old 26 June 2013, 22:59   #8
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

I'm with DDNI on this one. System 3 can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Mark Cale seems to be one of the shonkiest ripoff merchants in the business, they've ignored pleas from the Amiga community for years to release the game, they didn't squash the rumours about that other dodgy company (Alive Mediasoft?) claiming to be selling Putty Squad AGA for years on pre-orders etc.

Basically they've treated Amiga users like garbage for too long and I wouldn't care if they folded completely.
Old 26 June 2013, 23:03   #9
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

So your kind of on the fence then
Old 26 June 2013, 23:09   #10
wilshy

I'm all for it. Will put my support forward.

As for Putty Squad, go play it on the SNES and see above It's better technically than the Amiga version would have been in any case.
Old 26 June 2013, 23:12   #11
wilshy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Look out for Donkey Kong at the top of stairs.
Took me a minute to get that, but
Old 26 June 2013, 23:54   #12
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
Sorry to hear that...Odds on getting it for the Amiga now are pretty much Zero ...

But I created you your very own Standalone version of Putty Squad

Download it here !!
http://www.eliteforever.co.uk/Putty%20Squad.rar

Have Fun !!
On Windows 7 it comes up with D3d dll error... No big issue, I'll just use it on my WinXP VM! Thank you!
Old 27 June 2013, 00:02   #13
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

@lesta_smsc

Common message.....Just update your Direct X Runtime files
Using Win 7 myself...In fact it was created on it
Old 27 June 2013, 00:16   #14
lesta_smsc

Quote:
@lesta_smsc

Common message.....Just update your Direct X Runtime files
Using Win 7 myself...In fact it was created on it
Ah... sorry for needing spoon feeding, but how? I've presumably got a more update direct x on Windows 7?
Old 27 June 2013, 00:21   #15
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Ah... sorry for needing spoon feeding, but how? I've presumably got a more update direct x on Windows 7?
You can download and install them here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=35

Hope that helps ....They usually get installed with the latest games.....Windows update does not actually install them ..
Old 27 June 2013, 06:28   #16
fishyfish
Banned

I really enjoyed TLJ games on th C64 (amiga versions apart from Remix are pretty crap), but as far a a new version goes I have very little interest.

We've been hearing about the chances of a new edition for literally decades. There's even been screenshots of a few different games that allege to be a 4th part in the series, but noting ever eventuates. Its so much of a farce that it makes the Duke Nukem sequel seem ahead of schedule (despite the 10 years people waited).
Theres also the fact that any new TLJ game will most likely be an offshoot that's just clones a current game style (ergo losing its uniqueness), making it TLJ only in name.

So, in short, generic game with TLJ in the title, effectively tainting an otherwise good series of games?? No thanks. I'll stick to the originals and hope that yet again nothing new comes along wearing the TLJ moniker.
Old 27 June 2013, 08:40   #17
OddbOd

I'm in two minds about Last Ninja, though the idea definitely has legs there have been several aborted attempts already and convincing a publisher to take it on-board would be difficult. Then again if it was developed by Crystal Dynamics, not System 3, I would be more keen as they seem to have a talent for successfully twisting games in new directions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Basically they've treated Amiga users like garbage for too long and I wouldn't care if they folded completely.
Is that all you're after? Just buy two of these and mail one of them along with a note that says "Release Putty Squad for Amiga you utter bastard, or the next copy goes to Disney's legal department". Job done.
Quote:
Ironically that's the problem, Windows 7 comes with DirectX 11 but not DirectX 9 which is used by the SNES emulator in lesta_smsc's pack.

@lesta_smsc: In the spirit of old-skool competition I had to do a smaller pack
Old 27 June 2013, 13:16   #18
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
I really enjoyed TLJ games on th C64 (amiga versions apart from Remix are pretty crap), but as far a a new version goes I have very little interest.

We've been hearing about the chances of a new edition for literally decades. There's even been screenshots of a few different games that allege to be a 4th part in the series, but noting ever eventuates. Its so much of a farce that it makes the Duke Nukem sequel seem ahead of schedule (despite the 10 years people waited).
Theres also the fact that any new TLJ game will most likely be an offshoot that's just clones a current game style (ergo losing its uniqueness), making it TLJ only in name.

So, in short, generic game with TLJ in the title, effectively tainting an otherwise good series of games?? No thanks. I'll stick to the originals and hope that yet again nothing new comes along wearing the TLJ moniker.
TLJ, so it's The Last Jinja

Something tells me you have been playing too much of The Longest Journey

Quote:
All sounds pretty good to me.....However....Back to Manhattan in the story maybe ? actually there's no limits.....Varied locations around the world could work ...no memory restrictions this time
Hmmm I wasn't real fond of the Manhatten thing, I much preferred the traditional Japanese landscape from the 1st game but of course the Manhatten thing gave it that Highlander feel where you were a Ninja from the past in the future but of course with Highlander he was Scottish

Actually the varied locations around the world thing sounds good, but maybe during the actual time period of the Ninja and not set in present day
Old 28 June 2013, 06:17   #19
fishyfish
Banned

Lol.
Nope, I thought this thread was about The Last Jinja. A game where all redheads have been kidnapped, and it's up to you, the last of your kind to rescue them
Granted it's misspelled, but the pronunciation would be the same.

Seriously though, I cant believe I did that. And multiple times

Last edited by fishyfish; 28 June 2013 at 06:20. Reason: ironically, I corrected spelling of "misspelled"
Old 19 July 2013, 02:50   #20
MethodGit

If there's one thing System 3 have practically become synonomous with in recent years, it's Vaporware.

It's been going on for a decade, if not longer. The Amiga community weren't the only ones shafted in regards to Putty Squad, there were supposed to be ports for the Mega Drive and DOS at the same time. It's a wonder how the SNES version managed to get out at all - or maybe S3 were just desperate to get it out in some form, period.

There was also the shambles regarding their Play-It budget label, and how we were supposed to be seeing PlayStation 2 ports of Putty Squad, Constructor, Mob Rule, IK and god knows what else (I remember seeing the pre-order pages at Amazon for a long time but that's the only thing I recall). Ironically, what Play-It did manage to release were all ports of games that S3 didn't even make to begin with!

There was the short-lived "Epyx revival" saga too. While their remake of Impossible Mission did come out, they were supposed to be giving a similar treatment to California Games with many promises of release "soon". You can pretty much tell what happened next.

And getting back to Putty Squad for a moment....... how is it that a digital remake announced for iOS and PSP in early 2011 can take so bloody long as to gradually morph into a full-blown redrawn behemoth.... and initially for a platform that really isn't flying off the shelves as we speak, and hasn't been for several months? (I say "initially" because, lo and behold, they've since decided they want to bring it over to XBLA/PSN and 3DS after all, as well as "Windows 8" specifically, which leaves me thinking they're going to risk shafting the rest of the Windows userbase for the sake of some poxy "App" market...) And I thought my old man was a prime candidate for "Faffer of the Year"! Let's face it, they never tired of using this game as their Holy Grail carrot to entice all of us donkeys for the good part of 20 or so years, so why stop now? That SNES release was such a damn fluke.

(Of course, I mustn't forget the past attempts at reviving Last Ninja in some form or other, of which I've lost count of how many. The old teaser shots continue to live on in memory at LN Archives...)

I dare say that System 3, if anything, have changed their logo more often than they've released games of late!