English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 July 2009, 13:41   #21
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Hurray !

v8 is out !

Those lucky enough to have an Underground Gamer account can download it from there

Oh, I think I shall finally ask someone to invite me on UG, as I am about to be shitlisted on Pleasuredome .

EDIT : This time, Loic did a tremendous work simplifying the setup process (the emulators are included, everything is nicely organized in subfolders, games load in a snap)... Brilliant !

Last edited by NewDeli; 05 September 2009 at 18:43.
Old 29 July 2009, 13:42   #22
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
Oh, I think I shall finally ask someone to invite me on UG, as I am about to be shitlisted on Pleasuredome .
I bet people wil be queuing up.
Old 24 August 2009, 18:31   #23
NewDeli
Banned

Rejoice Folks !
Yet another update (as a reminder, each new version of GBCPC means 100 games added) !

Loic puts all his files on UG - links below (I'd rather not direct anybody to the public torrents as they are very slow).

Furthermore, those packs will soon be available as direct downloads on a French site called MicroStory
(the latter being a retro-gaming site led by a guy who calls himself BlackWolfCds).

• For the full v9 : click here
  • For the update, from v8 to v9 : click here
Old 24 August 2009, 19:31   #24
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i got most release from V9, and i have put them on phenix informatique website.

@Retro-Nerd : I have also created splitted version of TAPE games, meaning you can
load the game part by part. Go to the Phénix informatique website and check the
operation wolf split version
Old 24 August 2009, 23:38   #25
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Can't believe I missed this one! I shall be downloading this later, well done mes amis!
I don't yet know if you need a splash, but I did the following a few years back...

Old 29 August 2009, 01:55   #26
gleng

My main computer before the A500 was an Amstrad CPC464. I still have it, and it's in perfect working order. I claim that the best version of Head Over Heels is the CPC version, and I'm quite happy to fight to the death over that. I'll set it up again soon, and take some pics for the "first computer" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Play CPC games on your real CPC without the need of tapes, hehe. Pretty cool.

LINK
MY GOD. Why did I never think of this before?
Old 29 August 2009, 13:12   #27
DyLucke
Cookie Muncher

Well i thought about it time ago using a discman mp3 player, but i dunno if this would work on a C64.
Old 29 August 2009, 15:59   #28
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleng View Post
My main computer before the A500 was an Amstrad CPC464. I still have it, and it's in perfect working order. I claim that the best version of Head Over Heels is the CPC version, and I'm quite happy to fight to the death over that. I'll set it up again soon, and take some pics for the "first computer" thread.

MY GOD. Why did I never think of this before?
This is what i use to test my splitted versions on my real CPC

Games like Robocop, Batman the movie, ghostbusters 2, dragon ninja, rambo 3, renegade, target renegade, shinobi, total recall works great in WAV format played from this little tool and a digital tape
Old 05 September 2009, 18:47   #29
NewDeli
Banned

Thumbs up phenixinformatique.com

For the direct download links to the latest GBCPC dlfrsilver was referring to, click here

One download at a time, plz.

There aren't many review sites about CPC games,
and I believe cpcgamereviews.com is one of the most browsed one
it's not a rant, but please don't trust all the stuff that's written in there
I'd say the reviewer gives rather biased, cut-down opinions most of the time.

Oh, and to make things clear Head over Heels is NOT
the only good isometric exploration/platformer on the CPC (but it may be the most difficult/complex)

Last edited by NewDeli; 05 September 2009 at 19:16.
Old 09 November 2009, 10:36   #30
NewDeli
Banned

Floppy disk New v. of GBCPC released !

Website hosting GBCPC is now a subsection of Kukulcan's CPC-POWER (separate game site, was part of phoenix informatique). V10 is out, and v11 approaches.
Dozens of games have been added, time to catch on if you're still using an old version.

Hint : Don't click on "Liens" if you're easily shocked .
Old 28 December 2009, 21:15   #31
NewDeli
Banned

v12 of GBCPC is out. As usual, starting one download at a time is easier on such site's bandwidth. Another 100 more games listed !

Will I make another similarly boring announcement for v13 ?
.....drum roll....

You bet I will .
Old 13 March 2010, 22:27   #32
NewDeli
Banned

v13 of GBCPC has just been released !

v13 is out . It includes Gamebase beta enhancements and won't be proposed as an update !
In short, it is a fully reworked version.

Read on :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaneels
  • A fix for the CPCE Autotype problem
  • All games are linked to emulators (there are very few exceptions that can't be auto-launched)
  • Full use of the new Gamebase features
  • A developper field, so no more U.S. Gold / Atari for exemple. That would become U.S. Gold for publisher & Atari for developper
  • A graphic artist field !
  • A rarity field
  • A link to the software page at CPC Power
  • A download link to the clean roms
  • A review field. I will add & aggregate review scores from CPC magazines there
  • Ability to display multiple columns !
  • An "extras" sidebar for quick access to the extras
As always, plz do not hammer the dl server and don't forget to manage some room (about 7GB).
Old 24 May 2010, 04:59   #33
NewDeli
Banned

Uploaded by Idaneels on CPC Power : v14 & now v15
Both updates can be installed the usual way.

# of games, up to now : 1500. Starts to look good a number ! Apparently, Loic was also busy scanning huge manuals !

He's used to post about latest included games and other updates via his Facebook group. About this thread, I think posting here for every other minor GBCPC update is fine. Agreed ?

Have fun !
Old 15 November 2019, 12:19   #34
SquawkBox
Speedbump gimme goosebump

Send a message via ICQ to SquawkBox
Hi,

After a few years in hiatus, ldaneels just released Gamebase CPC v33, it's hosted here.
I've been told "one download at a time", but two by two should do no harm (bandwidth is halved when another download starts, so anyway).
Just don't hammer it. There is an English readme "README_EN.txt " next to the archive rar'd parts, but it's rather minimalist.
Just let me know if you need help to set it up, or to import data (personal info) from a previous version of Gamebase CPC.
Sorry, no "what's new" included, let's just say it represents a monumental effort. Of course, most of the new games and remakes that were issued long after the CPC folded are featured (Orion Prime, Star Sabre, R-Type 128k etc.). Once unpacked, it is about 35 GB in size
(due to uncompressed PDF scans, mainly). It was announced by Loïc on GAMOPAT.COM, a French retro forum, more than a year ago,
and it relies on good old Gamebase frontend and database utility which, while it has been stalled in its v1.3 occurrence for years, should work fine
on all Windows platforms since XP.

Enjoy!

Last edited by SquawkBox; 15 November 2019 at 14:57.
Old 15 November 2019, 12:47   #35
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Thank you for link. I have not used GameBase in while (last ones I used were C64, Amiga and SNES, but don't remember any of them being this large (over 30GB). How is that even possible when CPC Tosec is 264.3MB?! Are those videos 4K??
Old 15 November 2019, 13:03   #36
SquawkBox

Uncompressed PDF scans of manuals, maps, novels... ldaneels didn't want to alter any of these numerous PDFs, despite my advice for him to be using near lossless compression, through some state-of-the-art shareware utility. So, no it's not the videos, in fact except for 1001 B.C. - A Mediterranean Odyssey.mp4 which appears to be a test file, I don't think there are any to be found yet. Initial plan was to include each and every available longplay, so maybe it will be double or triple that size upon next release! This said, one can't get enough of CPC goodness by the pound, can he (or she) ?

Last edited by SquawkBox; 15 November 2019 at 18:59.
Old 13 December 2019, 08:22   #37
SquawkBox

I asked ldaneels about the additions that were featured in the latest version, the following assertion is what he had to say about it (simply translating from French here) :

Many things have changed since latest version (V27, if memory serves):
- 3300 originals are now included GBCPC, not counting all the iterations so, probably, more than 1000 dumps were added [mostly games, I assume]
- Most of the scans were reworked for a much better result. Still not the end of the road, but 400DPi resolution was used on a global scale, which implies colors are more faithful.
- Most games were re-dumped so that dsk & cdt happen to be more reliable. GBCPC still doesn't include RAW & IPF (in progress, but a time-consuming and arduous piece of work), meanwhile, dumps are mostly clean and show consistency.
Old 13 December 2019, 09:42   #38
SquawkBox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
last ones I used... SNES...
If you like the SNES, there was this well made magazine Mean Machines which offered reviews of many of the 16-bit era best games. They managed to gather all of the magazine's reviews on that site as both html pages and PDF scans.
Old 08 March 2020, 14:31   #39
PerryRhodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkBox View Post
Hi,

After a few years in hiatus, ldaneels just released Gamebase CPC v33, it's hosted here.
I've been told "one download at a time", but two by two should do no harm (bandwidth is halved when another download starts, so anyway).
Just don't hammer it. There is an English readme "README_EN.txt " next to the archive rar'd parts, but it's rather minimalist.
Just let me know if you need help to set it up, or to import data (personal info) from a previous version of Gamebase CPC.
Sorry, no "what's new" included, let's just say it represents a monumental effort. Of course, most of the new games and remakes that were issued long after the CPC folded are featured (Orion Prime, Star Sabre, R-Type 128k etc.). Once unpacked, it is about 35 GB in size
(due to uncompressed PDF scans, mainly). It was announced by Loïc on GAMOPAT.COM, a French retro forum, more than a year ago,
and it relies on good old Gamebase frontend and database utility which, while it has been stalled in its v1.3 occurrence for years, should work fine
on all Windows platforms since XP.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the link but the archive appears to be damaged. I tried downloading 3 times and extracting with winrar & 7zip, but keep getting the same error.

! D:\Downloads\Amstrad CPC.zip.001.zip: Unexpected end of archive.

It appears that 001.zip is corrupt.
Old 08 March 2020, 15:27   #40
PerryRhodan

Update: I managed to fix the error by removing .zip from the end of each zipped file, then I extracted archive using WinRar. No more errors! Works perfectly now. Thanks!