English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 29 January 2019, 09:24   #1
MrGlasspoole

P96 in Amibian not working

I'm trying to setup P96 in Amibian but all I get when starting is the blue Amibian screen.

I used this tutorial fon WinUAE and there it works:
https://thecakeisaliegaming.wordpres...r-retrogaming/

Is there something special to do on the RPi?

Old 29 January 2019, 16:43   #2
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Check this topic: https://gunkrist79.wixsite.com/amibi...ing/p96-issues
Old 30 January 2019, 03:05   #3
MrGlasspoole

That topic says nothing about that you can't start the emulation?

I tried it now in RetroPie (Amiberry) and if i select start all that happens is going back to that RetroPie EmulationStation front-end.

Old 19 April 2019, 19:03   #4
Budda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlasspoole View Post
I'm trying to setup P96 in Amibian but all I get when starting is the blue Amibian screen.

I used this tutorial fon WinUAE and there it works:
https://thecakeisaliegaming.wordpres...r-retrogaming/

Have you managed to get this to work?

I'm trying to do this. Ambian 1.4 and ClassicWB_P96_v28 and getting the blue screen like you said on start.
Old 20 April 2019, 20:04   #5
Budda

OK I have managed to get this working.

Please bare in mind I've only just come back to the Amiga scene and my Amiga knowledge is a bit rusted and non-existant when it comes to RTG and Picasso. If I've done anything wrong or could be done better please feel free to point me in the right direction. And I don't know if I'm actually treading on old ground here anyway .

Having read through the thread in:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post

It seems the the rtg.library is needed. So I downloaded 'Picasso96.lha' from 'http://guide.abime.net/wb3.1/files/Picasso96.lha'

Fonnd the 'rtg.library' and extracted to a usb stick. (In windows I used WinRAR to do this)

Go into Midnight Commander in Amibian. and copy over the library. Now I actually didn't where I'm suppose to copy this file to so I copied it to 3 places that looked as though it could be the right place .
1st: '/amibian/amiberry/amiberry/whdboot/boot-data/Libs'

2nd: '/amibian/amiberry/amiberry/guisan-dev/lib'
3rd: '/amibian/amiga_files' (I think this is the only one that's needed)

With ClassicWB_P96 files also copied over per the instructions, start amiga emulation again or reboot Amibian.

In:
'Configurations' - select and Load ClassicWB_96.
'CPU and FPU' - select your prefered options. I chose 68040.
'ROM' - I selected my KS 3.1 A1200 rom

'RAM' - I had Chip:2mb, Z3:64mb, RTG: 32mb. (someone on a thread mentioned that 64mb RTG don't work so I didn't try it)
'Hard drives/CD' - make sure you have the ClassicWB_96 'System.hdf' selected with device as HD0.
'Display' - select 'Fullscreen'.

All other settings I left as is. You can save this new config over the ClaasicWB_96 one or Save as a new Name, so that you can come back and amend if needed.

Now 'Start' to install ClassicWB. You will need your Workbench ADFs. Once everything is installed you will need to reboot.

Once rebooted you will need to select and Load your ClassicWB_96 config again. (I need to find out how to load this as the default)

Now 'Start' and you will be booted into WB probs in a low res mode. Go change your screenmode. I found the highest mode it will go to is: UAE 1366x768 32bit. Any higher modes and it will crash out into the Amibian blue menu screen.

### Now comes my Picasso ignorance ###
Apart from the standard Amiga modes, the only other screen modes listed are UAE ones. Is this suppose to be like this?

When I open 'Prefs/Picasso96Mode' it opens and a dialog box says 'Could not find any modes!'. Do I need to install additional stuff?
Old 21 April 2019, 11:59   #6
Mark sealey

I use P96...(aminet version) on my RPi3.....With AIAB and AmigaSYS....you have to use 040 cpu to change the Graphics car Memory...only 8mb though no more.

I dont know how to post a picture...so heres my FB page...ive pinned the post to the top.

https://www.facebook.com/AmigaDudeA6...qWcEqlcqijSiD2
Old 02 May 2019, 23:15   #7
Budda

I've since played around some more with installing ClassicWB P96 on RPi, so I'm just reporting back in case others run into similar probs.

Ignore what I posted above about rtg.library, this isn't the problem and doesn't need to be downloaded . I've found it just needs some config settings to be set correctly before installation.

My installation specs:
- RaspberryPi 3 B+
- Amibian 1.4 (using the default Amiberry emulator)
- ClassicWB P96 v28
- KS 3.1 rev 40.68 (A1200)
- WB 3.1

To avoid crashing to the blue Amibian menu screen when you try to start the ClassicWB install:

If you are loading in the the ClassicWB_P96.uae config file, then in the 'Display' section make sure you un-tick 'Line doubling' and 'Frameskip'. Or if you're creating your own config from scratch make sure those boxes are un-ticked.

I found it best to select a fast CPU and add a bit of RAM, I used:
- 68040 CPU
- Z3 fast: 64MB
- RTG Board: 32MB

Everything else I've left as the default ClassicWB_P96.uae config.

Now everything should proceed as normal when you 'Start' the emulation to install ClassicWB_P96.

Now I have my RPi running smoothly with ClassicWB_P96.

Last edited by Budda; 02 May 2019 at 23:17. Reason: Correcting line spacing
Old 02 May 2019, 23:19   #8
Budda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark sealey View Post

I use P96...(aminet version) on my RPi3.....With AIAB and AmigaSYS....you have to use 040 cpu to change the Graphics car Memory...only 8mb though no more.

That AIAB looks interesing, might give it a try sometime.
Old 05 August 2019, 15:16   #9
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budda View Post
I've since played around some more with installing ClassicWB P96 on RPi, so I'm just reporting back in case others run into similar probs.

Ignore what I posted above about rtg.library, this isn't the problem and doesn't need to be downloaded . I've found it just needs some config settings to be set correctly before installation.

My installation specs:
- RaspberryPi 3 B+
- Amibian 1.4 (using the default Amiberry emulator)
- ClassicWB P96 v28
- KS 3.1 rev 40.68 (A1200)
- WB 3.1

To avoid crashing to the blue Amibian menu screen when you try to start the ClassicWB install:

If you are loading in the the ClassicWB_P96.uae config file, then in the 'Display' section make sure you un-tick 'Line doubling' and 'Frameskip'. Or if you're creating your own config from scratch make sure those boxes are un-ticked.

I found it best to select a fast CPU and add a bit of RAM, I used:
- 68040 CPU
- Z3 fast: 64MB
- RTG Board: 32MB

Everything else I've left as the default ClassicWB_P96.uae config.

Now everything should proceed as normal when you 'Start' the emulation to install ClassicWB_P96.

Now I have my RPi running smoothly with ClassicWB_P96.

Could you elaborate on what is needed to modify in order to enable rtg on amiberry?. I get stuck coming back to the blue amibian screen. I´m using a hardfile from my personal installation of classicwb (a clean one) and i don't get why it isn't working. I checked the config file, and everithin g seems ok. Only thing is the resolution, as amiberry emulator don't allow to set rtg resolution as winuae does.

Anyone can shed some light?.