English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. C/C++

Old 28 August 2023, 00:37   #1
Sim085

Header for ASOT_PORT?

I am trying to get the example here (https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Exec_Messages_and_Ports) to work for Workbench 3.1. I changed the syntax, example IExec->AllocSysObject to just AllocSysObject but continue to get an error "unknown identifier" ASOT_PORT.

Anyone knows what the header that includes the definition for ASOT_PORT is? also how would one go about identify the correct header when receiving similar errors?
Old 28 August 2023, 01:32   #2
Docent

AllocSysObject is not available in version 3.1 - it is available starting from version 4.
To make these examples work on 3.1 you need to replace AllocSysObject with AllocVec or AllocMem and FreeSysObject with FreeVec or FreeMem respectively.
Old 28 August 2023, 08:32   #3
bebbo
bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim085 View Post
I am trying to get the example here (https://wiki.amigaos.net/wiki/Exec_Messages_and_Ports) to work for Workbench 3.1. I changed the syntax, example IExec->AllocSysObject to just AllocSysObject but continue to get an error "unknown identifier" ASOT_PORT.

Anyone knows what the header that includes the definition for ASOT_PORT is? also how would one go about identify the correct header when receiving similar errors?

read that page again:

'Prior to V50 of the operating system, functions such as CreatePort() and CreateMsgPort() were often used.'

Better use examples for your target system.