English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 November 2010, 21:39   #1
Photon

Right Shift+Right Amiga works, but not Left shift+Left Amiga

Left shift + Left Amiga + S works on my real A500 (to search in Asm-One), not with below Quickstart-based hardware config and below host config. The exact same combination of keys works fine in Windows if I make a shortcut for a desktop icon, for example.

I've used the shiny new Remap button (it is excellent Toni ), since I was unsure which keyboard-type to select in the top left dropdown. All the other remapped keys work, including shifts and Amigas - but combining left-shift and left-Amiga doesn't give the same as Right-shift+Right-Amiga. Left-shift + normal letters give capital letters, Left-shift+left-alt+letter-key works.

The only thing that doesn't work is left-shift+left-amiga+letter. (As a further clue, left-win+left-shift+S works in Windows.)

Left-Amiga+Left-Alt triggers left mousebutton as it should, same for right (but right mousebutton, of course). BUT: Amiga+arrowkeys doesn't move the mouse pointer as on a real Amiga. Maybe that's a clue, maybe not.

Changing kick to 2.0 for A500+ didn't change anything. I think I've tested as much as I can, but let me know if I can make some specific tests. This could be a tricky one, I guess. I mainly came here to post kudos about the Remap button anyway, so.
Attached Files
File Type: uae A500-3.1-compat.uae (15.0 KB, 246 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (12.3 KB, 293 views)
Old 16 November 2010, 21:28   #2
Photon

I can add some more strangeness, I again got the strange thing that the key next to backspace (=+) becomes the key next to leftshift (<>) ... while typing

It happened in WB 3.1 CLI and now it happened while writing a text in AsmOne, 10 lines up, there's a plus I typed, current line, it's impossible to type a + on the keyboard (or = )

I'll try to remember next time to check if ctrl-amiga-amiga fixes it... restart of WinUAE fixes it anyway! I haven't re-bound this key.

I haven't had this in WinUAE before upgrading to V2.3 stable.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (14.6 KB, 315 views)
File Type: uae A500-3.1-compat.uae (15.5 KB, 244 views)
Old 16 November 2010, 21:52   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Does non-working key do anything if you open Input panel and click Test-button? (Always use Test-button to check input issues first)

Key pressed and nothing happens: not WinUAE problem.

Rawinput keyboard access mode is now the default.
Old 17 November 2010, 00:35   #4
Photon

Last I tried rebinding a (nother) key, RAW KEYBOARD came up automatically.

Selected RAW KEYBOARD, Test, press button, --> EQUALS

Or did you mean to try the next time it happens? (I wrote the previous post right after the problem and as you can see the + and = worked in Windows, if you suspect the keyboard itself).
Old 17 November 2010, 08:26   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I meant: if key name appears in Test mode, make sure it is mapped to correct key.
Old 17 November 2010, 20:19   #6
Photon

After the error occurs?

With a fresh start of WinUAE, in Test mode when the name appears, Equals is mapped to EQUALS.
Old 17 November 2010, 20:47   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I meant alt/amiga issues in your earlier posts.

I don't care what Amiga software or keymap decides to do.
Old 17 November 2010, 21:07   #8
Photon

LCONTROL - Left Amiga
LSHIFT - Left shift

These two keys + S (3 keys combo) works in Windows.
Old 17 November 2010, 21:08   #9
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You still haven't said what happens with those keys in Test mode
Old 17 November 2010, 22:43   #10
Photon

I just ran test mode and reported the bindings in test mode above. Is there some extra test mode besides the Test button next to the Remap button in Input panel?

When I Click TEST BUTTON and press the below keys, this is what is hilighted in the list of keys with a lot of columns in it. The strings typed below separated by ' - ' correspond to the first two columns:

LCONTROL - Left Amiga
LSHIFT - Left shift
Old 17 November 2010, 23:17   #11
Photon

OK, tested some more.

By chance, since LAmiga+cursor didn't move the mouse-cursor, I tried Lalt+cursor which DID...! LAlt+shift+cursor moves it in bigger steps. Just as LAmiga does on A500.

And then a few moments later, it stopped working. I went into F12, Input panel to see if some of them were toggles, but no. When I went back, Alt+cursor keys started working again.

All this time, LAmiga+LAlt has always worked (=Left mousebutton), and same for RAlt+RAmiga (right mousebutton). All this time, Ctrl+Amiga+Amiga has worked to reset WinUAE.

And all this time, Ramiga+S searches but LAmiga+S does not. LAmiga seems 'dead', except when combined with LAlt.

Tested with Test button right after this, the bind is still there (LCONTROL->Left Amiga).

Checked so all remapped keys are in the same config (config #1, same as in file above).

Don't know if it's related, but: if you rebind the Ctrl key, that key + F11 quits WinUAE. Probably not and normal, it's been that way for many versions.

Edit: Funny thing is that LAmiga+M, LAmiga+N always works, but not LAmiga+S. The left-Amiga issue could be in the emulation, then? Maybe, maybe not.

Just now I got a strange thing: for a few seconds, LAlt (not remapped at all - Test button says LMENU->Left Alt) seemed to function as LAlt+LAmiga combo (ie. left mousebutton!) Then, a few seconds later as I tested it some more, it disappeared, and LAlt works as normal (Alt+S gives expected result).

(Edit 2: Now I got the > instead of + (< instead of =) - bug again! (First it works like normal, a few minutes later I get another symbol when I press that key.) I quickly Test'ed the key and pressed =, and got - LSHIFT->Left Shift!

It's the key to the left of backspace. I am out of ideas. Could it have to do with me using US Layout in Windows?)

Last edited by Photon; 18 November 2010 at 00:54.
Old 21 November 2010, 22:19   #12
Photon

OK, tested some more. LAmiga+shift+S is software bug/not implemented. So disregard that. Still no ideas about the LAmiga+M always working but not LAmiga+cursor keys, or the dropped =/+ key.
Old 22 November 2010, 09:02   #13
thomas

Quote:
And all this time, Ramiga+S searches but LAmiga+S does not.
This is correct behaviour. Right Amiga key is menu key, left Amiga key is not.
Old 22 November 2010, 21:43   #14
Photon

Yep, duh. I mistakenly associated that with the other weird behaviors.