English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 28 March 2008, 12:36   #21
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Hmmm it says "Composite RGB input" but I don't see that input anywhere... i.e. for this it would need need either a SCART input or a 3-component input, but none of these two boxes have that on the pictures... for a good picture from Amiga it is pretty much useless then
Old 28 March 2008, 13:11   #22
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@tomcat666

Pssst.... SVideo.....

the composite rgb, is just that as you say... composite... which is just to damn nasty for anything but games! However I do believe there is an internal RGB place where one can mod either a connection OR some wires so you could mod direct to the a1200 (making it internal)

when i get some time i will look into making this mod, i will also do a guide on how to do it.
Old 02 April 2008, 00:37   #23
NovaCoder

Following on from Calgor's post, you can also get the following RGB to VGA Converter and RGB to S-Video Converter.

Both for a price of course

I think you'd still need to feed the outputs into the TV Box to scale & scan-double to a CRT (might be ok with a LCD TV/Monitor).
Old 02 April 2008, 17:20   #24
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Following on from Calgor's post, you can also get the following RGB to VGA Converter and RGB to S-Video Converter.

Both for a price of course

I think you'd still need to feed the outputs into the TV Box to scale & scan-double to a CRT (might be ok with a LCD TV/Monitor).
I didn't link to those as the Svideo (at least the latest version), is PAL only, the older version had NTSC also, but apparently this version is better quality.

Also, I think the VGA adapter is called "Plasma VGA" as it may not scandouble, and I suppose plasmas are more likely to handle 15khz through VGA from what I have heard.

Hence you may pay a lot for limited functionality even though the quality may supposedly be good.

Anyone have one of these?
Old 03 April 2008, 00:15   #25
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
I didn't link to those as the Svideo (at least the latest version), is PAL only, the older version had NTSC also, but apparently this version is better quality.

Also, I think the VGA adapter is called "Plasma VGA" as it may not scandouble, and I suppose plasmas are more likely to handle 15khz through VGA from what I have heard.

Hence you may pay a lot for limited functionality even though the quality may supposedly be good.

Anyone have one of these?
Yep like I said you'd still need one of these.

So that would be Amiga RGB -> RGB to S-Video Converter -> tv box-> CRT/TFT

Last edited by NovaCoder; 03 April 2008 at 00:52.