English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 02 April 2012, 17:20   #1
Mnemesi

Unusual Pointer Bug caused by corrupt file bits?

I've had this problem for a very long time, actually, but it's sort of minor and I figured over the years I'd eventually find a solution to this. Basically, I transferred the contents of an Amiga HD over to the PC as loose files, and ran it under UAE with reasonable success, save one oddity. The mouse pointer, whenever intuition resets the screen resolution, gets thinner and thinner. It's fine under the standard 640x200 mode, but each time I change the screen resolution up to a higher setting, it gets progressively worse. I'm wondering if anyone else has ever encountered it. I suspect it's related to the various bits on files (like SCRIPT) not being transferred from the Amiga side, but I'm hoping someone might know what specific file might be responsible for mouse pointer weirdness like this. FYI, when the files are transferred back to a real Amiga, it happens there too so it's not WinUAE's fault - which is why this isn't posted under WinUAE support.
Old 02 April 2012, 17:45   #2
thomas

This cannot be caused by "file bits". The only bits that would affect prefs are

- protected against write or delete -> you cannot save changes
- protected against read -> prefs are not applied during boot

Other bits have no influence.

You have probably set the resolution to "HiRes" in Prefs/Pointer. This gives various results on different screen modes.
Old 02 April 2012, 19:10   #3
Mnemesi

Thanks for the reply. I've fiddled with the hi-res checkbox under Prefs regarding this to no avail. One thing I haven't pointed out is that I do use ModePro to promote my screen to Double NTSC from regular Interlace. This makes the pointer, of course, even thinner. One other possibility is something got just outright corrupted in the transfer, versus lost in translation...