English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 November 2018, 17:13   #1
simon_m74

`ripping` images from software

Hi,
Ok this sounds that its something that `shouldnt` be done...

But I have good reason with no harm involved.

I have Virtuality machines (Amiga 3000 based). I`m making a digital display system to show off the games that are available.

I have about 10 games in all, and only 2-3 of them have the title images as an `openable` one - to grab a screenshot.
The rest, have the title image in the `main_game`.bin file.

I would like to show these on a PC based system - hence I would like the title images.

Is there a way to rip them from the game file, within winUAE : And most importantly - be able to view so I can srceenshot them to a PC.

Although... the games DO NOT RUN.. during loading - they check for the custom GFX card thats required, and when not found, the game shuts down.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Simon
Old 27 November 2018, 18:52   #2
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_m74 View Post
Hi,
Ok this sounds that its something that `shouldnt` be done...

But I have good reason with no harm involved.

I have Virtuality machines (Amiga 3000 based). I`m making a digital display system to show off the games that are available.

I have about 10 games in all, and only 2-3 of them have the title images as an `openable` one - to grab a screenshot.
The rest, have the title image in the `main_game`.bin file.

I would like to show these on a PC based system - hence I would like the title images.

Is there a way to rip them from the game file, within winUAE : And most importantly - be able to view so I can srceenshot them to a PC.

Although... the games DO NOT RUN.. during loading - they check for the custom GFX card thats required, and when not found, the game shuts down.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Simon
Of course. Might be a case of the graphic files are stored inside the main file and can be easily ripped out, or they might be in raw format and it might be necessary to piece them back together back into a readable format like iff.

Without looking at the files in question, I couldnt say.

It might be enough to hack out the card check so it displays what it can before it relies on the card being present.