English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 08 May 2012, 02:24   #921
p@rity

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
im using a blizzard 1230 mkiv with mine running screen res

highgfx:superhigh res laced 1024 x 768 on a viewsonic vp201s max res 1600 x 1200
Well... my nos 1200 with the Blizzard appears to be the most stable system, being able to run super high resolutions. Not sure what the deal is with the other machine... I think I am going to give the fan a shot as well, as the devices get awefully hot.
Old 08 May 2012, 06:00   #922
magnetic
Banned

Damn the last thing I want inside my silent a1200 is a fan. I was worried about these kinds of issues which Is why I didnt pre order. Hope these things get sorted,but gfx corruption is not cool.
Old 08 May 2012, 10:43   #923
Jope
-

Found two integrated video -> DVI adapters cheaply from the local PC recycler, now I can mount the DVI connectors nicely to the back panels of my machines.

When selecting the donor device, try to get one with the DVI connector as high up as possible.. I had to mount my indi DVI boards with the connector upside down, otherwise the video slot would have been in the way. :-)

Now that just looks so damn nice.. I almost shed a single tear of happiness:
http://jope.fi/amiga/indimk2firstboot.jpg
http://jope.fi/amiga/indimk2closeup.jpg
(good old PAL unlaced, didn't bother messing around with other screenmodes yet..)

I can hardly wait for the finished cores + tweak tool.

Last edited by Jope; 08 May 2012 at 11:32.
Old 08 May 2012, 11:04   #924
magnetic
Banned

Guys I want to get the MK2 and i want to be sure that PAL Laced and NTSC laced display properly with no artefacts/bugs. Thank you. Some screenshots would really help out for me and others who are on the fence on getting the boards.
Old 08 May 2012, 11:26   #925
Riempie
Amiga freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by p@rity View Post
Well... my nos 1200 with the Blizzard appears to be the most stable system, being able to run super high resolutions. Not sure what the deal is with the other machine... I think I am going to give the fan a shot as well, as the devices get awefully hot.
If you have an idea of how to put a fan inside a desktop A1200, let me know ok? Maybe AmigaKit could offer a cooling-fan for a desktop A1200?
Old 08 May 2012, 11:32   #926
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
If you have an idea of how to put a fan inside a desktop A1200, let me know ok? Maybe AmigaKit could offer a cooling-fan for a desktop A1200?
i've glued a few small fans to the underside of the grill above the keyboard. the air gets sucked in under the front lip of the unit where there is a small grill. so basically the air enters under the front lip of the amiga, passes across the motherboard and is blown out the top. to make it more efficient i sealed the underside of the grill around the fans with paper and cellotape to stop the air just being sucked in and back out of the top of the unit.

just make a splitter cable to take some power from the floppy connector. you can make a temperature sensor quite easily if you've had soldering experience to make the fans quiet when not needed. someone else on here has done just that.

Last edited by diablothe2nd; 08 May 2012 at 11:36. Reason: fixed typos and repetitions so it makes more sense ;)
Old 08 May 2012, 11:33   #927
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
Guys I want to get the MK2 and i want to be sure that PAL Laced and NTSC laced display properly with no artefacts/bugs. Thank you. Some screenshots would really help out for me and others who are on the fence on getting the boards.
My monitor is a ViewSonic VP201b and the Indimk2 is running the same core that it shipped with.

http://jope.fi/amiga/indimk2/

The focus may be a bit off in some, but that's because I don't have a tripod and couldn't be arsed to reshoot that many times. Deal with it. :-)

Last edited by Jope; 08 May 2012 at 15:09.
Old 08 May 2012, 12:10   #928
Riempie
Amiga freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
i've glued a few small fans to the underside of the grill above the keyboard. the air gets sucked in under the front lip of the unit where there is a small grill. so basically the air enters under the front lip of the amiga, passes across the motherboard and is blown out the top. to make it more efficient i sealed the underside of the grill around the fans with paper and cellotape to stop the air just being sucked in and back out of the top of the unit.

just make a splitter cable to take some power from the floppy connector. you can make a temperature sensor quite easily if you've had soldering experience to make the fans quiet when not needed. someone else on here has done just that.
Thx for your reply. I don't have any soldering skills, but squeezing a fan inside the A1200 might be possible. I still have a cable which connected to the floppy drive and the same cable has a connector to power a 3,5 inch HD. But I'm using cf-hd's now. Could I use this cable for powering a small fan? And can you give me any tips on where to get this fan?

Can you post a picture btw? I'm curious to see how this looks like.
Old 08 May 2012, 12:28   #929
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Thx for your reply.
No problem

Quote:
squeezing a fan inside the A1200 might be possible.
It's totally possible! I used fans, taken from an old pentium cpus ! just hot glue them to the underside of the upper grill and hook them up! (just make sure you put them in the correct way arround so it pushes air out the top). no modifications to the case needed aside from closing off the rest of the upper grill so there's only one spot for the hot air to go.... out through the fan!!. just glue, no screws. and hot glue can easily be picked off if you need to move/remove them at a later date.

Quote:
I still have a cable which connected to the floppy drive and the same cable has a connector to power a 3,5 inch HD. But I'm using cf-hd's now. Could I use this cable for powering a small fan?
yep that's fine. i think you can get fans with molex connectors. but molex are big and bulky and can get in the way. depends on your situation and future choice on mods.

Quote:
And can you give me any tips on where to get this fan?
anything that'll fit! cpu fans, case fans ... any fan that is a slim profile. 12v or 5v. just make sure you use the correct wire from the floppy connector, there are 4, two are black (negative) and one brown and one yellow. i forget which are which for 12v and 5v... someone else will no doubt chime in on this one. but if your floppy splitter cable was bought and has all four wires going to the molex (which i assume it has as 3.5 inch drives need them) then simply sourcing a fan with a molex connector will suffice

Quote:
Can you post a picture btw? I'm curious to see how this looks like.
i thought i had a pic, but after investigating turns out i dont! and i dont have time to take one as i'm literally about to step out for the rest of the day i'll see what i can do tomorrow though. if not sooner.

Last edited by diablothe2nd; 08 May 2012 at 12:34. Reason: grammar, added more info about molex.
Old 08 May 2012, 13:31   #930
AndyLandy

Arrived this morning...

Old 08 May 2012, 13:36   #931
d0pefish

Same here
Old 08 May 2012, 14:29   #932
Ech0

This is how I connected my fan, the only thing missing in this picture is the heatsink connected to Alice..

Old 08 May 2012, 14:33   #933
melbourneben!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
I'm in the same position, would be great to see more opinions and reviews on how native screen modes are displayed.
Old 08 May 2012, 15:16   #934
Riempie
Amiga freak

Here's a picture of the indy's and other stuff I received yesterday

Old 08 May 2012, 16:26   #935
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLandy View Post
Arrived this morning...

/me thinks there's some favourtisim for distributors with regards to the boxes :P
Old 08 May 2012, 17:08   #936
alenppc

@amigakit, how are the shipments coming along? Still eagerly awaiting for my order to be dispatched... got a lot left to do?
Old 08 May 2012, 18:15   #937
PulsatingQuasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenppc View Post
@amigakit, how are the shipments coming along? Still eagerly awaiting for my order to be dispatched... got a lot left to do?
I'm also still waiting for mine to be sent out. So you're not the only one waiting.
Old 08 May 2012, 19:04   #938
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Its a very popular preorder product, we are shipping them as fast as we can.
We are working on our days off to try and get them out quicker.
Old 08 May 2012, 19:06   #939
amigakit.com

We had a productive few days over weekend and bank holiday Monday, cleared a lot of pre-orders We will continue the process tomorrow.
Old 08 May 2012, 20:53   #940
Mr B

Wait... What? Do you guys get to go home and rest over the night? Man, let me tell you. If i hadn't already received mine, i'd be screaming bloody murder right now...
;- )

I'll install it, and the RTC for my ACA 1230/56 tonight. Thank you guys for the fast delivery.
B!