Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 June 2023, 16:56   #181
Old_Bob
BiO-sanitation Battalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
is this game completed? it's not clear.
Yep.

Unless somebody discovers some new bug that needs fixing?

B
Old 04 June 2023, 14:44   #182
technomancer

I think there is really no need for WHDLoad overhead here.

Old_Bob for some reason put load in c: and game.bin to sys: and loads it by using fixed path (sys:game.bin). I hexedited load file so it looks for game.bin file in same progdir:

If Old_Bob fixes this, adds quit option and code for handling startup from Workbench icon, there could be game version which could run fully from both WB (hdd) or floppy.

Up until then, there is tapperHD.lha in zone which can run from WB and any hdd location, but lacks quit option ...
Old 04 June 2023, 15:12   #183
Aladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
but lacks quit option ...
need a whdload slave for a real HDD version (back to wb)....
Old 08 July 2023, 00:02   #184
jotd
This cat is no more

tried the adf on winuae quickstart, locked up. Increased chipmem to 1MB game started but corrupt graphics & sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
I think there is really no need for WHDLoad overhead here.

Old_Bob for some reason put load in c: and game.bin to sys: and loads it by using fixed path (sys:game.bin). I hexedited load file so it looks for game.bin file in same progdir:

If Old_Bob fixes this, adds quit option and code for handling startup from Workbench icon, there could be game version which could run fully from both WB (hdd) or floppy.

Up until then, there is tapperHD.lha in zone which can run from WB and any hdd location, but lacks quit option ...

Always the same arguments. "We don't need whdload...". But still you hacked into the game to make it do what you wanted..

Just make the game run on low spec without it, and with it to make sure it doesn't mess your system, or just you can quit... And everyone is happy.
Old 18 April 2024, 21:04   #185
Carlos Ace

Send a message via ICQ to Carlos Ace
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
tried the adf on winuae quickstart, locked up. Increased chipmem to 1MB game started but corrupt graphics & sound.

Always the same arguments. "We don't need whdload...". But still you hacked into the game to make it do what you wanted..

Just make the game run on low spec without it, and with it to make sure it doesn't mess your system, or just you can quit... And everyone is happy.
The Game works fine to me but i think it really need a Whdload slave that has a Highscore save system and also can quit to WB (if possible, some kind of cheat option(s) ).