English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 09 May 2013, 20:52   #41
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundplayer View Post
Update worked like a charm, nice speedup with new icon.library
Well, in fact there won't be one update this time, but two. This online that you have used (turn on your miggy and connect it to internet and you'll see it on your screen thanks to the Live Update on the WBStartup), upgrading to AmiKit 1.6.5 and another RealAK0.3, but this last will have to wait till next week.

But just one thing... had you ever though about updating your real Amiga online, just like your Pc?

Quote:
... Is there any way to reset themes to original appearance, as i messed up wbdesk realbad.
Use MorpheuZ on screen (he will talk to you) and select the Environment you want to use; you can select the same you are using. Wait some seconds before rebooting, as your Hd takes it's time.

Quote:
...Thankyou Retrofan !
You are welcome, but this online update is the work of Jan of AmiKit.

If you can't install the update (you don't have internet on your miggy) you can download it here:
http://amikit.amiga.sk/knowledge-base.htm#livemanual

EDIT: If you don't have an internet connection from booting (I'm using RoadShow and I've got it), you must (after you've got internet running) right click on screen, select AmiKit, Live Update and Check.

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 May 2013 at 22:31.
Old 09 May 2013, 22:27   #42
groundplayer

Yes that did the trick, thanks ! Magellan is now back it should be. By the way, noticed if i leave out 10 plus icons from my DH1 drive, magellan get's reaally slow (maybe just my config, does not happen in winuae). Thanks for Jan of course !
Old 09 May 2013, 22:33   #43
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I think that after you'll try the AmiKitRealAK0.3 update you won't want so many icons on screen, but a nice AmiDock that will look transparent .
What's more: Using WB2000 and AmiDock, clicking on the AmiDock icon on the WB2000 bar will make the AmiDock bar "move" (you'll see that) to the WB2000 bar (and that dissappears also from screen if you click outside); so you'll have the cleanest screen posible, with few icons. Just a click on the AmiDock button on the WB2000 bar and the AmiDock bar will appear moving again to it's place.

Note: AmiDock won't be installed, as it's copyrighted; but as you'll have it with your previous OS3.9 Installation, it's already there.

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 May 2013 at 03:58.
Old 09 May 2013, 22:46   #44
groundplayer

Yees can't wait for that new update ! Just finished editing bootmenu (2 os in 2 dirs, one partition) using ButtonMenu (created by Oliver Roberts), at startup.I can now choose what os to load from nice bootmenu. Nothing new, but keeps me occupied until next RealAmikit update !
Old 09 May 2013, 23:39   #45
utri007
mä vaan

Is there somewhere more screenshots, than those in homepage?
Old 10 May 2013, 03:22   #46
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've made right now a video to answer you (I think better a video than a photo). This is AmiKit Real, trying my 2nd Update (AK0.3) with WinUAE and 256 colors. And BTW I've seen now YouTube helps you to stabilize the image: [ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 May 2013 at 03:43.
Old 13 May 2013, 00:33   #47
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Shame you can't upgrade from ClassicWB to Amikit

Anyone running this on a real amiga yet?
Old 13 May 2013, 01:08   #48
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Shame you can't upgrade from ClassicWB to Amikit

Anyone running this on a real amiga yet?
RetroFan is, .
Old 13 May 2013, 03:17   #49
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
RetroFan is, .
I think sometimes that if I were posting photos and videos of my Real Amiga with just a 030 running 3D Holograms physically touching you, I could get just two users trying it for real...Lol, perhaps one complaining... and its for free, remember, hehehe. Ejem... to use the "Donate" button just on the AmiKit Real site I think I will have to add much more than that... (Edit: Well, in fact the Donate button is for the pc version, I haven't got but the Contact... me, so 0$ lol).

Edit: Come on Fol, mate... try it, you won't regret .

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 May 2013 at 03:46.
Old 13 May 2013, 12:14   #50
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Have ever you thought of upgrading classiwb users? Seems a lot of people use that rather than os 3.9
Old 13 May 2013, 13:13   #51
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I think sometimes that if I were posting photos and videos of my Real Amiga with just a 030 running 3D Holograms physically touching you, I could get just two users trying it for real...Lol, perhaps one complaining... and its for free, remember, hehehe. Ejem... to use the "Donate" button just on the AmiKit Real site I think I will have to add much more than that...

Edit: Come on Fol, mate... try it, you won't regret .
Get very little time to play with my Amiga's anymore, .
Old 13 May 2013, 13:56   #52
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Have ever you thought of upgrading classiwb users? Seems a lot of people use that rather than os 3.9
It needs OS3.9. In fact you could use CWB39 to install AmiKit over it, but you would have to take out of WBStartup some programs, and also delete some icons that are only on CWB. I woudn't recommend that.
Old 17 May 2013, 21:04   #53
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

We are happy to announce the release of the so awaited update for Real AmiKit version. Full and update v0.3 archives are available for download for free at: http://real.amiga.sk/

New features include more applications and memory card support. Now you can use AmiDock or AmiStart for launching your applications, stream music with AmiNetRadio or use compact flash cards to transfer your data. New wallpapers were added as well. Enjoy!

In the first place you will find a nice and easy to use update installer which delivers the following:

- AmiDock re-positioned, so it will seem transparent. It will let you use more space on the screen, and if you use Workbench2000 you will see also (full instructions in the package) that you can “put away” AmiDock and as the WB2000 taskbar disappears, you will have more desktop space.
- New AmiDock icon on the Workbench2000 bar.
- AmiNetRadio installed and working without FPU.
- AmiStart installed and working without FPU or RTG. A very powerful and fast Amiga is required though, or you can use it under emulation. Try it!
- General PCMCIA support; DH0 and Fat95, so most of the cards should work.
- More wallpapers and a new 256 colors drawer.
- New bootpics to choose.
- Changed the top bar text to "http://real.amiga.sk".
- Changed position-info for Magellan icons
- FreeWheel running from the WBStartup now. Run Exchange commodity to configure it.
- HippoPlayer running with BlurScope as a new option on Workbench2000 bar. BlurScope is an external player, so before now you had to open first HiP and then search for the Scope... Now they work together, and are living on Worbench2000 bar. Click and the show begins...
- IconLib 46.4.284 by Peter Keunecke.

And... Chewaka's voice for WookieChat on AmiDock was added!

Thanks a lot to Thomas and PeterK for their continuous support.

Screenshots:

Old 18 May 2013, 02:14   #54
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Although it's a little overwhelming in the OS . I've just tried AmiKit via my Mac/Bootcamp, the install was a breeze especially as I already had the ahemm files ready and waiting! If I had a scandoubler,flickerfixer for my A1200 I'd love to use something like this! Sadly I'm stuck with 3.0 Roms, using ACAtune maprom kick 3.1 and PAL HIGH RES (NON INTERLACED)

Awesome work!!!

Last edited by Neil79; 18 May 2013 at 03:24.
Old 18 May 2013, 08:44   #55
groundplayer

Try update 0.2 to 0.3 on realamiga failed (-o unknown option) because updater was using AmiKit/c/UnLZX. I replaced provided UnLZX from update over. Secondly i had to set executable bit to UnLZX, now update went fine. Amidock thing is really fast ! Thankyou veryverymuch again Retrofan !
Old 18 May 2013, 20:58   #56
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Try update 0.2 to 0.3 on realamiga failed (-o unknown option) because updater was using AmiKit/c/UnLZX. I replaced provided UnLZX from update over. Secondly i had to set executable bit to UnLZX, now update went fine. Amidock thing is really fast ! Thankyou veryverymuch again Retrofan !
Thank you for trying it . Thats really rare; I don't know what problem you could have, because I've downloaded and tried the updater now and it uses in fact the UnLZX of the updater, so it works perfect. I've tried unpacking on windows or downloading from the miggy (WinUAE).
Old 19 May 2013, 01:08   #57
OlafSch

Quote:
Thank you for trying it . Thats really rare; I don't know what problem you could have, because I've downloaded and tried the updater now and it uses in fact the UnLZX of the updater, so it works perfect. I've tried unpacking on windows or downloading from the miggy (WinUAE).
Gratulation for your work (and of course all other involved). It proofs that you do not need PPC to have a nice environment
Old 19 May 2013, 11:51   #58
groundplayer

Quote:
Seems like i extracted update archive in windows so executable bit was erased from UnLZX. Tried again decompressing it in amikit and it worked ok. So it was my bäd . Otherwise everything working ok.Hope you continue to develop it further
Old 20 May 2013, 00:41   #59
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Damn it Retrofan, it's all your fault!

Since using the Amikit on the MAC BOOTCAMP i've decided to ditch my ClassicWB-P96,AIAB and AMIGAOS folders and go full AmiKit Winuae

I must've had ClassicWB96 and AIAB on my hard drive for over a year! Though ClassicWBADSVP is staying on my Amiga 1200
Old 24 May 2013, 15:03   #60
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Retrofan, got a bug/issue when using Scale2X WinUAE filter and Ami-kit

It crashes and gives a minidump Do you know why? or would the minidump be helpful