English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 08 May 2014, 02:07   #1
eebuckeye

How to setup a CD with UAE 2.7/2.8?

I have seen many guides for earlier versions but I have not found one for version 2.7 or 2.8. I have tried a few things but I am not seeing the cd drive.

1) I have OS3.9 installed on a bootable hard drive. Does this already have a CD driver in the OS or do I still need to install a special driver?

2) I read somewhere to add the CD by using "Add Hard Drive" but that does not seem to work.

3) 'Add SCSI/IDE CD Drive' and trying HD controller IDE0, IDE1 and UAE do not work.

4) I tried setting the 'SCSI and CD/DVD access' to both options.

What is the easiest way to setup a CD for the Amiga with the latest versions of WinUAE?

Thanks!
Old 08 May 2014, 08:22   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Easiest is "CDFS automount CD/DVD drives" option. It works automatically.

Other options need Amiga side CDFS and mountlist (just like setting up CD drive on real Amiga).
Old 30 January 2015, 22:40   #3
jonssonj

Hello! I can't get the "CDFS automount CD/DVD drives" to work at all in WinUAE 3.0.0 (2014.12.17). I have tried with OS3.9 and now I have tried with OS3.1 but nothing happens at all. The CD I'm trying to read is the Cubic IDE with Joliet cd file format.

The reason I was trying the "automount" option in WinUAE, was that I can't get this cd to work with either CDFilesystem or with CacheCDFS. Is this new option broken in this build? Should I try a earlier build of WinUAE?

BR
Jörgen Jönsson
Old 30 January 2015, 23:55   #4
jonssonj

Ok, I got it to work now, but the Cubic IDE CD shows up as "BADFILESYSTEM", it seems that I can see all the files on the cd, but will it work when I install the patches for Cubic IDE. When you install the patches for Cubic IDE, they want your original Cubic IDE CD in the drive. Why does the Cubic IDE show up as BADFILESYSTEM in Amiga OS 3.x and as Cubic IDE in my windows environment?

BR
Jörgen Jönsson
Old 31 January 2015, 13:05   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonssonj View Post
Ok, I got it to work now, but the Cubic IDE CD shows up as "BADFILESYSTEM", it seems that I can see all the files on the cd, but will it work when I install the patches for Cubic IDE. When you install the patches for Cubic IDE, they want your original Cubic IDE CD in the drive. Why does the Cubic IDE show up as BADFILESYSTEM in Amiga OS 3.x and as Cubic IDE in my windows environment?
How did you mount it? It is not my problem if you get this when using Amiga-side mountlist + CDFilesystem Does all other data CDs work except this one?
Old 31 January 2015, 22:48   #6
jonssonj

Hello!

I succeeded to solve the whole CD thingy now, with uaescsi.device, CacheCDFS from OS3.9. I had to lower the stacksize on CD0 to 10000 besides lowering the max transfer rate to 10000. I also had to open up the CacheCDFS Prefs program and disable SCSI direct.

Anyway, when I tested the WinUAE "CDFS automount CD/DVD drives" I disabled the uaescsi.device and I removed the cd0 dosdriver in the OS, I could browse the files on the cd just fine, but the cd should show up as "Cubic IDE" and not as "BADFILESYSTEM".

If you want me to, I can see if I get the same error again in a newly created WinUAE configuration and installation of the OS.

BR
Jörgen

Last edited by jonssonj; 31 January 2015 at 23:52. Reason: Forgot one sentence!
Old 31 January 2015, 23:01   #7
jonssonj

I tried on a newly installed OS3.1. I selected Quickstart->A1200
CD & Hard drives -> Add Directory or Archive
Device DH0, Volume=System, Path=...\Workbench3.1
I installed the WB3.1 and then I booted up to see that the OS worked as it should then I restarted WinUAE and selected the CDFS automount CD/DVD Drives, then I clicked the "Start" button and the Cd shows up as "BADFILESYSTEM"

BR
Jörgen