English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 May 2020, 18:03   #441
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi all!

After more than one year , I'm happy to release a new version of AmiModRadio v0.9995

This version fixes two bugs #104 and #105 but also now works on A4000/30, A1200/60, and A600/Vampire. It also has been extensively tested by AmigaSystem and includes new skins, thanks!

You can download it here or there.

Important: You must delete the content of the PROGDIR:cache drawer because I had the change the file format to improve the users' messages!

As usual, bug reports, suggestions, and contributions are welcome!
Cheers!

Last edited by tygre; 29 May 2020 at 09:21. Reason: Added forgotten important change!
Old 31 May 2020, 14:59   #442
Zoltar3.1

Hummm... I don't understand it.
I run it but it says it can fetch any modules... What am I supposed to do?
(Looking at the guide I don't see anything which helps on configuring :-(
Old 31 May 2020, 16:35   #443
AMIGASYSTEM

You don't have to do anything, the forms will be downloaded and the Player will run them.

- Have you installed Hip Player ?

- Copy HIP (executable) -> SYS:C
- Copy HippoPlayer.group -> SYS:S
- Copy HippoPlayer.prefs -> SYS:S
- Copy HippoPlayer.PS3M -> SYS:S
- Copy Script Arexx > SYS:S

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 31 May 2020 at 16:42.
Old 31 May 2020, 18:34   #444
Zoltar3.1

I have Hippoplayer installed, not in C but in Dh1:
Could I tell tell the program where to find the executable? It would avoid having repeated executables... :-)
Old 31 May 2020, 20:56   #445
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Zoltar3.1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltar3.1 View Post
I have Hippoplayer installed, not in C but in Dh1:
Could I tell tell the program where to find the executable? It would avoid having repeated executables... :-)
Thanks for trying out AmiModRadio

In addition to AmigaSystem's good advice , please add this line to your S:User-Startup:

Path DH1:.../HiP/HiP ADD

Replacing the DH1:.../HiP/HiP with the correct path to your HippoPlayer executable. Then, AmiModRadio will start HiP by itself

Cheers!
Old 01 June 2020, 20:36   #446
tygre
Returning fan!

Help Needed!

Dear all!

I'm looking for a German speaker(s) who would be willing to translate the catalog of AmiModRadio in German... it's probably the matter of 3-4 hours of work

Please PM me

Of course, I welcome translations in any other language! (Currently, only English, French, and Italian are available.)

Thanks in advance!
Old 02 June 2020, 13:00   #447
AMIGASYSTEM

Hi tygre, I noticed that the Italian Catalog has a small problem in displaying the "Logo" tab, there seems to be a corruption, tested also on other OS.

About the Skins, my old Skins named "Amigasystem..." if you want, you can delete them from the archive because they are duplicates.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 05 June 2020 at 17:58.
Old 03 June 2020, 01:12   #448
samo79

Yeah noticied this aswell.. the issue is visible only in latest version of AmiModRadio
Old 03 June 2020, 01:24   #449
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi AmigaSystem and Samo79!

Sorry about that It could be because of the new string that I added and that are not yet translated maybe? I will try to reproduce the problem locally and let you know!

Cheers!
Old 03 June 2020, 15:51   #450
samo79

Don't think so, pretty possible that text was "trashed" for other reasons
The trashing text is in the title of the "Log" tab if i remember correctly the position
Old 04 June 2020, 01:03   #451
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi all!

I just released AmiModRadio v0.9996 This version fixes bugs that I introduced recently when I changed the handling of the cache and of file sizes . It took the opportunity to improve the management of sources and add one new source .

You can download it here or there.

(Important: You must delete the content of the PROGDIR:cache drawer because I had the change the file format to improve the users' messages!)

As usual, bug reports, suggestions, and contributions are welcome!
Cheers!
Old 04 June 2020, 06:56   #452
samo79

Strange character in tab still present even in this newer release .. also i noted that the binary's version doesn't work anymore too.
When you right click on the exe and select "version" the binary will report nothing as like nothing was set

Steange because i've tested the older release 0.9991 on Aminet and even version work as expected

It reports:

AmiModRadio v0.9991 (20018/01/07)
Old 04 June 2020, 08:17   #453
samo79

Ok at first i though it may be related to my translation, so i've updated it adding a couple of new strings recently added, but the glitch in Log tab still ....
Please can you give me your email so we can discuss the problems there?

I have various problem using this program under OS4 and i have problem reporting things on forums .. as i'm currently post here with the cellphone
Mails are better for reporting bugs
Old 04 June 2020, 08:57   #454
AMIGASYSTEM

Hi samo, I tested AmiModRadio on OS4.1 and it works fine.
About the "version" of the latest AmiModRadio executable some tools don't reveal it anymore, but VersionWB for example detects it quietly (VersionWB is also compatible with OS4), i enclose exhaustive screenshots.

--- Italiano ---

Ciao samo, ho testato AmiModRadio su OS4.1 e funziona bene.
Riguardo la "versione" degli ultimi eseguibili AmiModRadio in effetti alcuni tool non la rivelano più, ma VersionWB per esempio la rileva tranquillamente (VersionWB è compatibile anche con OS4), allego screenshot esaustivi.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 05 June 2020 at 17:58.
Old 04 June 2020, 09:55   #455
samo79

@AMIGASYSTEM

Are you on classic Amiga right ?
On non classic machines (Sam440 in my case) things may be different even if we are using the same AmigaOS4 version

About the version issue, I see you are using the 3th party VersionWB, but what happen if you just using the default context menu of OS4, aka right click into the binary and just select "version" ?

Its ok that it works with VersionWB, but things should work on default system tool at first

About AmiModRadio
It start but when i press the Play button, after a while it start AmigaAMP but it does NOT play anything .. also it's like the program will try to open tons of AmigaAMP sessions one after another (i can see it because the screen start flashing at infinitum!) till it hangs my system completely.

I've investigate a bit and it seems AmiModPlayer will automatically search for "AmigaAMP" .. and this probably its just one of the problem, as the name of latest native AmigaAMP for OS4 is set as "AmigaAMP3" instead of just "AmigaAMP"

Perhaps instead to just have a sort fixed name/program that AmiModPlayer will be used automatically ... In AmiModRadio it could be added an option in order to let user to set manually the (music) player they have installed or they want to use by default to play that mods

Last edited by samo79; 04 June 2020 at 10:07.
Old 04 June 2020, 10:02   #456
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes with the right button there is no information about the version, even other third-party tools do not detect it, maybe it is in a position not supported by these tools, VersionWB works because in fact there is the string of the version "versificato in esadecimale".

About AmigaAMP, leave it alone, it's going to be like this on OS3 too, use Hip Player and you'll see that everything will work perfectly

- HIP copy (executable) -> SYS:C
- Copy HippoPlayer.group -> SYS:S
- Copy HippoPlayer.prefs -> SYS:S
- Copy HippoPlayer.PS3M -> SYS:S
- Copy Script Arexx > SYS:S/Arexx

--- Italiano ---

Si con il tasto destro non ci sono informazioni sulla versione, anche altri tool terzi non lo rilevano, magari si trova in una posizione non supportata da questi Tools, VersionWB funziona perchè in effetti esiste la stringa della versione "versificato in esadecimale"

Riguardo AmigaAMP, lascialo stare si comparta così anche su OS3, usa Hip Player e vedrai che tutto funzionerà perfettamente

- Copia HIP (eseguibile) -> SYS:C
- Copia HippoPlayer.group -> SYS:S
- Copia HippoPlayer.prefs -> SYS:S
- Copia HippoPlayer.PS3M -> SYS:S
- Copia Script Arexx > SYS:S/Arexx
Old 04 June 2020, 11:00   #457
samo79

Same story, you on classic so different thing
Hyppo started but report me this error

"Couldn't allocate CIA timer(s)!"

It means it require classic hardware

I can eventually workaround it by installing the good old CIA emu patch, but i don't remember exactly how it works, and frankly its start to be too mutch complicated just to play some music mod..

Aniway, while Hippo started (and showing its CIA message) when i pressed Play in AmiModPlayer, AmigaAMP started aswell so problem is not solved at all !!

Is there any method or an option in AmiModPlayer to prevent the launch of AmigaAMP when we want to use something else ?
Old 04 June 2020, 12:59   #458
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samo79 View Post
Same story, you on classic so different thing
Hyppo started but report me this error
As I said to me it works well on "OS4.1 Final Edition" and no I installed anything to make it work.

-- Italiano --

Come detto a me funziona bene su "OS4.1 Final Edition" e no ho installato nulla per farlo funzionare.

Quote:
Aniway, while Hippo started (and showing its CIA message) when i pressed Play in AmiModPlayer, AmigaAMP started aswell so problem is not solved at all !!
You have to make sure that AmigaAMP is not detected by AmiModRadio, if you added the AmigaAMP "PATH" in some Startup delete it, if you copied AmigaAMP in "C" move it elsewhere.

-- Italiano --

Può essere un conflitto con AmigaAMP, Devi fare in modo che AmigaAMP non venga rilevato da AmiModRadio, se hai aggiunto il "PATH" di AmigaAMP in qualche Startup eliminala, se invece hai copiato AmigaAMP in "C" spostalo altrove.
Old 04 June 2020, 14:53   #459
samo79

It probably work on you because you are using all that ancient things on a classic Amiga (or under an emulator that relay to the Amiga classic chipsets)

I don't have any assign for AmigaAMP, it's just normally placed in a directory .. it's probably automatically picked by the appath of OS4

As i said the best solution may be to change AmiModRadio adding a sort of "select default player" option in prefs in order to let users to choose their preferred audio player.

Candidate players that for sure will work everywhere (under OS4) are AmigaAMP and TuneNet
Old 04 June 2020, 15:16   #460
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes the choice of Player would be a nice feature.

About AmigaAmp, on Amiga OS there isn't an in-depth search in all paths, AmiModRadio looks for its Players in "C" and assigned paths, otherwise neither Hippo Player nor AmigaAmp or other AmiModRadio enabled Players would be found.

Trust me if your AmigaAMP is because it has been assigned the Path or it is in "C", try to rename the AmigaAMP or AmigaAMP3 folder and you will see that AmiMoRadio will not use it anymore.

-- Italiano --

Si la scelta del Player sarebbe una bella funzione.

Riguardo AmigaAmp, su Amiga OS non esiste una ricerca approfondita in tutti i percorsi, AmiModRadio cerca i suoi Player in "C" e nei percorsi assegnati, diversamente ne Hippo Player ne AmigaAmp o altri Player abilitati in AmiModRadioRadio verrebbero ritrovati.

Fidati se a te parte AmigaAMP è perchè è stato assegnato il Percorso oppure si trova in "C", prova a rinominare la cartella AmigaAMP o AmigaAMP3 e vedrai che AmiMoRadio non lo userà più.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 June 2020 at 15:30.