English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 11 May 2013, 00:04   #1
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Send a message via MSN to Greyfox
Homebrew Heroes -A Special Collectors Edition Magazine-

Hello Everyone!

I am pleased to finally announce a project that has been in production for the last 6 months in between work on my Coin-Op : Arcade Guide Book and is nearly ready for release! Homebrew Heroes is more than just a magazine, it’s over 100 pages of retro goodness dedicated to all things homebrew. Inside you will find the top 10 homebrew games for near enough every retro console out there from the Atari 2600 to the Sega Dreamcast as well as the history of each system, tech specs and screenshots. But that is not all, not even close, we also tell you how to build your own home computer and speak to somebody who has. Alongside this we bring you the history of DIY home computing through the ages. Want to read interviews with homebrew developers? We have those for you too! There is even more for computer fans though as we discover the very best demos for the Amiga and Atari ST and look at the best computer art for the Commodore 64, Spectrum and Atari XL/XE.

A worldwide exclusive of the publication will be shown at Revival on the 18th/19th May in Wolverhampton, but for the rest of you the wait is nearly over! Homebrew Heroes will be available to buy very soon in PDF form so check back here for more information very soon and feel free to ask any questions!

Who is your Homebrew Hero?

in the meantime ponder over these lovely's

All will be revealed shortly. raising the bar yet again in Retro Community publications

All the best
Old 11 May 2013, 01:23   #2
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Hello Everyone!
Looks awesome!!

As much as I love the Homebrews I have for the Vec (Alex H. is incredible, Protector rocks!), I have to say my Homebew Hero is PacManPlus (Bob DeCrescenzo) is my choice.

The quantity AND quality of his Atari 7800 homebrew work is awe inspiring!!!!

desiv
Old 10 July 2013, 15:39   #3
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

With Homebrew Heroes just around the corner, we thought we'd tease you even more...with a magazine promotional video created by our lead designer (Darren Doyle) to show off some of visual fidelity and quality of this Special Collectors magazine which will be available in digital form and at a later stage physical form, but for now, let your eyeballs enjoy this retro gaming inspired feast, lots of content based on old vintage systems from Atari, Sega, Coleco, Intelivison, Vectrex and many more...

check out the video Promo : [ Show youtube player ]

enjoy
Old 10 July 2013, 18:32   #4
desiv

Great vid..

note: Not that anyone would be viewing from work ;-), but I'd consider this clip a NSFW video..

desiv
Old 10 July 2013, 18:40   #5
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

should bring extra views..lol..and besides it's pixels..the image is actually from a slideshow I extracted for that composite
Old 05 August 2013, 17:30   #6
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

I completely forgot to mention, that Homebrew Heroes is now available for purchase in PDF form and comes with a Flipbook version (PC Only) and 45 minute chiptune mix extra completely free while you read .

Homebrew Heroes is more than just a magazine, it’s over 100 pages of retro goodness dedicated to all things homebrew. Inside you will find the top 10 homebrew games for near enough every retro console out there from the Atari 2600 to the Sega Dreamcast as well as the history of each system, tech specs and screenshots. But that is not all, not even close, we also tell you how to build your own home computer and speak to somebody who has. Alongside this we bring you the history of DIY home computing through the ages. Want to read interviews with homebrew developers? We have those for you too! There is even more for computer fans though as we discover the very best demos for the Amiga and Atari ST and look at the best computer art for the Commodore 64, Spectrum and Atari XL/XE.

this magazine contains classic reviews of some of the best Amiga vintage Demo scene feature

Check out the Promotional Video, I created for it @ [ Show youtube player ]

please check it out @ www.homebrewheroes.co.uk

Grey.
Old 06 August 2013, 18:06   #7
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

just a quick bumb again, here is a link to download a preview of the magazine, to show you a small preview of what is in there and see what you all think of it

http://www..com/?od39teb2k2e22p3
Old 06 August 2013, 21:11   #8
AF2013

I bought it to support your Mags

When I do recived the Mags PDF? How long do I have wait?
Old 06 August 2013, 22:30   #9
Pyromania

@Greyfox

To help your sales I also posted this to Amiga.org.
Old 07 August 2013, 15:11   #10
AF2013

Cool

Excellent of 105 pages of Homebrew each games console, interviews, top 10 each games consoles, Demo Scene Atari ST/Amiga and Artist competions of ZX Speccy/C64/Atari

I have really enjoy it and hopefully you will put Tutorials in, Fans Mails in on what fans think of your mags and what to improve it or what they want to see in next issue

I am looking forward to next issue already
Old 07 August 2013, 20:17   #11
Greyfox
Pixel Blender!

Delighted you loved it, for me this was a one off publication simply because of he work involved, as I designed and laid out the entire magazine back to back, normally that is about 2-3 people's job on a big project like this, plus the unbelievable amount of extraction work and recreated homages throughout the mag took a long time, the video promotion, the flipbooks, pdfs , the facebook page gfx, advertisements etc...all one guy (ME) ohh and the demo scene and art gallery articles where my contribution in honour to these great computers and something I've wanted to do for a very long time

I'm sure there will be an another one in the pipe line at some stage just without my involvement , but I think I'd like to see computer stuff in there, maybe the history of classic comps, as there was lots of consoles that didn't make it in this issue, so there is lots more to cover.

Thanks Pyromania for spreading the good word, I have another product in production us Amiga guys are simply gonna die for when I go live

Also if any of you wish to contribute suggestions or comments, visit the Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/HomebrewHeroes