English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 09 February 2011, 04:26   #1
source
Zone Friend

video toaster flyer problem

I am trying to set up my 4000d with a toaster flyer.

it is a 4000D
indivision AGA
warp engine 040 40 128 meg
flyer
Toaster 4000
I installed os 3.1
and toaster flyer 4.2g
I can't get it to autohue. the computer hangs within seconds of starting the autohue. as well if i try to start the toaster, it will hang seconds after starting. I ran check programs and it reported 17 files that are not flyer files. I have tried installing with 2 different disks. I have tried 2 different toasters and 2 different flyers. as well I have tried 2 different daughter cards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old 10 February 2011, 03:10   #2
rkauer
I hate potatos and shirts

Send a message via MSN to rkauer Send a message via Yahoo to rkauer
Are the SCSI HD on the Flyer properly installed? Are they formatted by the Flyer program?
Old 10 February 2011, 04:21   #3
source
Zone Friend

all 3 drives are formated with the flyer utility. I even tried only installing toaster 3.5 without having a flyer installed and the same results. when I attempt to autohue or load the switcher, it hangs. I even tried one of the toasters in a 4000T. Same results. I just can't seem to get things going.
Old 10 February 2011, 22:22   #4
rkauer

Are the Amigas set as NTSC machines? I mean the motherboard jumper.
Old 11 February 2011, 02:49   #5
source
Zone Friend

Yes. I have a video of what it is doing. I don't know what to do. I have tried 3 toaster cards 2 flyer cards and the result is the same. I tried it in my 4000t as well. The reault is the same. I tried a second set of roms. Could there be a problem with rhe motherboard? Could I mail you the video?
Old 12 February 2011, 02:35   #6
rkauer

put it somewhere to people see it.

Are you sure you connected the Flyer/Toaster cable the right way?

Another possibility occurred me: do you have a proper monitor hooked to the Toaster monitor output?

When the Toaster loads its programs, it switches the Amiga video output off and shows everything through the program output.

Last edited by TCD; 12 February 2011 at 09:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 12 February 2011, 14:43   #7
source
Zone Friend

I think everything is hooked up correctly. the red line to the flyer facing forward. I have even tried installing version 3.5 without a flyer present, and had the same result. as for toaster BNC I have a the one farthest away from the edge connector hooked up to a live camera. The toaster main (second closest from the edge connector) hooked into the video in on a 1702 commodore 64 monitor. (This was how I had it hooked up in the past and it worked without problems) I will try to send the video to youtube. I haven't uploaded there before, but I guess it would not be that hard to do everyone else does it. I will post a link once i have it uploaded.

here is the video
[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by TCD; 12 February 2011 at 15:00. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 12 February 2011, 21:43   #8
rkauer

Are you using a scandoubler or a multisync monitor with something other than pure, non over-scanned NTSC screen mode?

No wonder the Toaster is having a pink fit.

Boot with NTSC screen mode with no overscan at all and try again!
Old 12 February 2011, 23:15   #9
source
Zone Friend

That is NTSC mode. 256 colour in that video, but still NTSC. The scan doubler is a toastscan that was suposed to replace the old 1084 monitors that are dying. This setup has worked in the past. As well I thought that the new Indivision AGA was also supose to work with the toaster. I have reinstalled it with just NTSC laced and nonlaced mode. The result is always the same. I am not sure if my old 1084S still works if it does I still need to find the monitor cable for it.
Old 13 February 2011, 05:11   #10
rkauer

Did you used overscan?
Old 13 February 2011, 14:54   #11
source
Zone Friend

No. Just the strait ntsc mode present with a fresh install. This setup worked in the past.
Old 13 February 2011, 21:36   #12
rkauer

Sorry, I cant' help further. Maybe the forum on Newtek can be more useful, as the company still supports Amiga Toaster units(!).

BTW: forum registration is free!
Old 14 March 2011, 05:13   #13
magnetic
Banned

Auto hue must have an rgb monitor attached iirc... use the amiga 23pin rgb port to an rgb monitor. Toasters are very sensitive to rgb modes, if something is off it will lose sync.

Also do you have your cables for the toaster card attached properly for the auto hue mode?