English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 September 2008, 20:15   #281
Rixa

Received my Indivision today in Finland.

Installation was uneventful. It didn't need the kind of force described here to click into place, but seems firmly seated.. I pulled it a bit and it doesn't have the feeling it wants to pop off. Certainly doesn't fall if I turn the computer upside down.

For the VGA mount I had prepared for beforehand by bending and sawing the back plate of an old graphics card so that it fits snugly into the corner, other side squeezed between the lower RF shield and the plastic casing, the bent end being supported by the plastic ridges at the bottom. It feels surprisingly sturdy considering I made no modifications to the casing to keep it in place.

I'm not having the upper RF shield in now. I had actually lost my original one and ordered a new one before knowing that the Indivision doesn't fit under it. Seeing as I have little use for it now unless I cut it, I'll probably make a hole later to make it fit.

Since I can no longer use the hard disk caddy for fastening My CF/IDE adapter, its now just sitting on top of the Indivision. I took scissors and a sheet of cardboard and made a little tray around it for insulation. Seems okay until I figure out something better.

I'm using a CRT monitor. Unlike many others I'm a bit disappointed at the image quality - I'm having some ghosting on the right side of sharp vertical edges. Wondering if there is a bad contact somewhere. The cable was very short and didn't really leave much choice on how to draw it. Or perhaps the board really isn't firmly enough seated, but as mostly it seems to function just all right. I didn't have this problem with my external scandoubler. Also, the right edge of NTSC high res laced screens shows some flickering.

Flashed the new firmware, no issues. The black and white in the configuration utility color scheme seems to be designed for workbench 1.3 colors, which is an odd choice for an A1200-exclusive product. The close button of the window doesn't do anything, need to find the quit button within.

All in all I'm pretty happy about the thing. If only I could get rid of that ghosting somehow.
Old 17 September 2008, 20:57   #282
AlanB

Thumbs up

Hello all.

Just thought I would let you all know about my experience with the Indivision 1200.

Installation was a breeze. Initially I was worried as my rev 1d board has a "green wire" fix that runs along side the gayle and lisa chips but thankfully the hot glue dots do not foul the connector - but I'm sure it wouldn't have been a major issue to resolve if they did.

It clicked on easily, I'd say with the roughly the same amount of force as installing a tight dimm memory module. Although I didn't, I would recommend putting the board on a flat soft surface as I noticed some flexing .

I did use a little Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA, Rubbing alcohol) on a cotton bud around the pins on the lisa chip before fitting, and have not experienced any problems with picture quality - which is EXCELLENT!

To be honest, after preordering I initially regretted it but I am so glad I didn't cancel it - it's really made my week!

After tea I'm going to try updating and tinkering with the new settings - happy happy joy joy.

Alan.

Old 17 September 2008, 20:58   #283
klx300r

@ Rixa
it sounds like the card isnt seated right...ya i know you think its on right but it wont hurt to remove it and put some good ole elbow grease into seating it again (just make sure to support the bottom of the mb uniformly)
Old 17 September 2008, 21:02   #284
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

@Rixa

Try re-routing the VGA cable and see if it could be interference?
Old 17 September 2008, 22:22   #285
Ratte

@alexh:
thanx for your help.

i had to create a new account ... the old one got deactivated caused by inactivity.
Old 17 September 2008, 22:26   #286
viddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
@alexh:
thanx for your help.

i had to create a new account ... the old one got deactivated caused by inactivity.
Hi Ratte and welcome back.
a1k.org?
Old 17 September 2008, 23:13   #287
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Thanks chaps - That explains why the 40_6 driver made a mess of my display but reverting to 40_5 fixed it...

...Time to have a go @ the 40_6 again.

Hello Ratte, nice to see you here again. Oh, and many thanks for those lovely drivers.
Old 17 September 2008, 23:32   #288
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Errmm.... I just flashed my Indivision with v0.9 and now it doesn't work.

-EDIT- I connected my A1200 to my TV via SCART-to-RGB, loaded the config tool and clicked Save. Now it works again.

I don't understand why the flash tool prompts to reboot when it won't work until a config is saved. Or am I being a bit thick here?

Steve.

Last edited by StevenJGore; 17 September 2008 at 23:59.
Old 17 September 2008, 23:59   #289
amigakit.com

first flash the new core, dont reset yet, then run the config tool and save default config, THEN reset...activates V1.1 core, and then the config tool will work.
Old 18 September 2008, 00:01   #290
StevenJGore
Amiga Fanatic

Thanks for the reply, Amigakit. I think the instructions in the flash tool need ammending or I'm sure I won't be the last person to do this!
Old 18 September 2008, 01:26   #291
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
@AlanB

Welcome to EAB! Not only have we another NI amiga user, but one with the best first name ever!!!

Where are you in NI?
Old 18 September 2008, 05:05   #292
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Amigakit site shows stock not expected 'till September 23rd...but I got an email confirming that mine's already packed & awaiting despatch!

Getting excited here!!!!

PZ.
Old 18 September 2008, 07:22   #293
Ratte

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
Hi Ratte and welcome back.
a1k.org?

my hw:
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11780
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6751
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6745
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6713
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6902

Last edited by Ratte; 18 September 2008 at 07:29.
Old 18 September 2008, 07:29   #294
keropi

nice systems Ratte! I see heavy hacking on the A1000
Old 18 September 2008, 10:44   #295
TheCorfiot
Amibay Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJGore View Post
Thanks for the reply, Amigakit. I think the instructions in the flash tool need ammending or I'm sure I won't be the last person to do this!

I agree, I must have been lucky as I followed the instructions & rebooted straight after flashing, It worked. In fact I have yet to save "Default settings" as the display looks fine.

Tried the tweaks a bit & yes it does give greater flexibility on setting the screen size. HighGFX is Ok but then It displayed OK with previous firmware too.

@Fingers
Nice man you will like I guarantee it. thanks for the heads up regarding the 64MB simm, I sure would like one..

TC
Old 18 September 2008, 12:12   #296
AlanB

I had the same problem when flashing to v1.1, I actually flashed back to v1.0 and then flashed v1.1 again assuming it was a bad flash and this time it worked. It may have been the same Default config problem as mentioned before, I wasn't very scientific about it, I was too worried!

I can confirm that the update resolves the missing lines when using HighGFX v40.6.

@DDNI

I live in Newtownards, Co. Down.

Alan.

Old 18 September 2008, 12:46   #297
NovaCoder

Well the postie finally delivered my pressie today

Really wish I had time to get it going but it looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow night now

After examining the contents and reading this thread the only disappointment is that lack of a mounting bracket. This would only have added a couple of dollars to the unit price and it feels kinda incomplete without one. Jens does mention that they will consider offering a metal mounting bracket for the VGA connector if there is enough demand......so start demanding peoples

I’ll be sending him an email now…
Old 18 September 2008, 13:28   #298
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

hmm, not got mine yet Novacoder, hopefully tomorrow. You would think they would arrive at the same time.
Old 18 September 2008, 16:15   #299
klx300r

Got mine yesterday stayed up till 3 in the morning messing with it and WOW I'm totally impressed...crystal clear graphics, colour is astounding..my 1200 is ALIIIIIIIIIIVE again
Installation was quite easy, the cable length was just right with a little bit of play after I modded an old pc vga backplate to snuggly fit next to the mouse port....the top cover fits great even with my CF HDO card on top of the Indivision...awesome man....CHEERS TO JENS AND AMIGAKIT.COM
Old 18 September 2008, 20:02   #300
gklinger
Vegetable Lasagna

Nothing here unfortunately.