English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 03 January 2018, 12:48   #221
pepinos

hipoonios

can you make please the long play for the game times of lore?

ps: some few people try to finish it for the commodore 64 version without any luck...unfortunately they abandoned longplay from a year up to 6 years
Old 03 January 2018, 18:13   #222
Cpt. Hindsight

Talking about the C64.

I have no idea how accurate Bignonia's conversions are, but the original C64 version of Aztec Challenge needs 3 or 4 runs to be completed. The last one is in darkness.
Old 05 January 2018, 05:56   #223
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepinos View Post
hipoonios

can you make please the long play for the game times of lore?
Never played and is not my kind of game. But think I can complete this one (found a walkthrough). So put it on my list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
Talking about the C64.

I have no idea how accurate Bignonia's conversions are, but the original C64 version of Aztec Challenge needs 3 or 4 runs to be completed. The last one is in darkness.
Have never heard of this and can't find anything about it online. All says game loops and gets harder each time. Guess no one has ever played it through more than one time. Someone needs to hack the game to see if there really is a real ending after 3-4 runs (don't want to waste time for nothing).

Now the bad news...

In my previous post, I said that I'm going to delete my old longplays and upload them in better quality. They are all deleted from YouTube now, but are still available for download from Recorded Amiga Games.

Anyway, have changed my mind about re-uploading. My old longplays are still very good and most of them well played. But can do even better today, so I rather re-play than re-upload. However, replay all these games will take years and I already have a few hundred (and yet another hundred requested) games on my list.

My aim has always been to record as many games as possible to make a place like Lemon Amiga and HOL but for videos. It would take 10h/week in 6-8 years just to replay all my old longplays. And another couple of years to record all the new stuff I have on my list.

So much work, so feel burned out and depressed. So I've decided to take a break from recording for a couple of months. I need time thinking if it is worth the effort to continue.

I will still be on EAB/Lemon but will not record longplays for a while.

Last edited by hipoonios; 05 January 2018 at 06:12.
Old 05 January 2018, 09:12   #224
Cpt. Hindsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
Have never heard of this and can't find anything about it online. All says game loops and gets harder each time. Guess no one has ever played it through more than one time. Someone needs to hack the game to see if there really is a real ending after 3-4 runs (don't want to waste time for nothing).

Now the bad news...

In my previous post, I said that I'm going to delete my old longplays and upload them in better quality. They are all deleted from YouTube now, but are still available for download from Recorded Amiga Games.

Anyway, have changed my mind about re-uploading. My old longplays are still very good and most of them well played. But can do even better today, so I rather re-play than re-upload. However, replay all these games will take years and I already have a few hundred (and yet another hundred requested) games on my list.

My aim has always been to record as many games as possible to make a place like Lemon Amiga and HOL but for videos. It would take 10h/week in 6-8 years just to replay all my old longplays. And another couple of years to record all the new stuff I have on my list.

So much work, so feel burned out and depressed. So I've decided to take a break from recording for a couple of months. I need time thinking if it is worth the effort to continue.

I will still be on EAB/Lemon but will not record longplays for a while.
Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like a break is not the worst idea at this point. There might come a day, you feel like recording another longplay is a good idea, but don't force yourself to do them.

Thanks for all your efforts until today. You did a really great job.

@Aztec Challenge: You're right, there is no real ending. It's going on for 3 or 4 runs while getting harder, the last one is played at night and then it starts all over again.
Have a look here (for the first? and final run): http://www.archive.org/download/c64g...cChallenge.avi
Old 07 June 2018, 21:28   #225
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

I think it's time for an update. I'm still active but have not had the time or motivation to play as much as I usually do. Since last time have I played mostly puzzle games. I know these do not interest most people and I know they are boring to watch. But I love playing them and the music is often good in these games. You have to listen to the music in Cube-X!

Anyway, here are the games played so far this year:

Gear Works (aka Clik Clak) - [ Show youtube player ]
Quasar - [ Show youtube player ]
Magic Serpent - [ Show youtube player ]
Motorbike Madness - [ Show youtube player ]
Out Zone - [ Show youtube player ]
Cavitas - [ Show youtube player ]
Blobz - [ Show youtube player ]
Penguins - [ Show youtube player ]
Golden Wing - [ Show youtube player ]
Bumpy's Arcade Fantasy - [ Show youtube player ]
Kangy - [ Show youtube player ]
Cube-X - [ Show youtube player ]
Movem - [ Show youtube player ]
Amiga Tetris - [ Show youtube player ]
4-Get-It - [ Show youtube player ]
Sixiang - [ Show youtube player ]
Mind Force - [ Show youtube player ]
Barney Mouse - [ Show youtube player ]
Bangboo - [ Show youtube player ]
Jump Machine - [ Show youtube player ]
Blockhead II - [ Show youtube player ]
C.Y.A.D - A Game of Influence - [ Show youtube player ]
Balls - [ Show youtube player ]
Cyadonia - [ Show youtube player ]
Bulldozer - [ Show youtube player ]
The Dodgy Game - [ Show youtube player ]
Bomb Jack Beer Edition - [ Show youtube player ]
Escape II - [ Show youtube player ]
Robotnic - [ Show youtube player ]
Sliding Skill - [ Show youtube player ]
Konstruktor - [ Show youtube player ]

The most interesting ones are probably Blobz which is an really good Lemmings clone. And Penguins which is a great puzzle platformer. I'm also happy to finally have managed to complete Blockhead II which is IMO one of the hardest and greatest puzzle games for the Amiga. I'm still stuck in level 30 in the first game though, which bothers me a lot (thread here)

In addition to these have I replayed some of my early longplays. Like said before, replay is boring and has low priority for me. So I do these from time to time. The games I played in the past is more known and this is also the games you see people play all the time. So I don't even bother to link these videos (You find them in my channel if you are interested). Some of these are Pang, Marble Madness, Zany Golf etc. I think there are about 10 longplays of each game of these and some of them are in good quality (but often bad played). Zany Golf is completed in just 7 strokes and Marble Madness with 99 time left, no deaths and with a really good score! Now, I don't replay the games to show off that I'm the best player (which I am not). I'm using savestates like most others to make better videos.

It's way more fun to play games that no one has recorded before. So I pick these rare games and also check Lemon Amiga and HOL if they need screenshots (or an entry). Help Lemon and HOL is another thing that motivates me to make longplays noways. Think I could make a contribution for all games played so far (expect for Cavitas).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Hindsight View Post
@Aztec Challenge: You're right, there is no real ending. It's going on for 3 or 4 runs while getting harder, the last one is played at night and then it starts all over again.
Have a look here (for the first? and final run): http://www.archive.org/download/c64g...cChallenge.avi
Did not know that. One more thing I noticed about the Bignonia conversions is that they all have a 2-player mode. In Aztec Challenge the second player plays as a girl. Have not seen that in the C64 version

Last edited by hipoonios; 07 June 2018 at 22:14. Reason: typo
Old 08 June 2018, 10:31   #226
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Wow! What a huge update! Many thanks!
Old 08 June 2018, 23:40   #227
Gzegzolka

That is an impressive list of finished games, sadly I am sure I will not have enough patience to play logic games so thanks very much for creating longplays of them
Old 09 June 2018, 10:35   #228
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Thanks guys.

I hated logical games back in the days. Now I like them more.

Sorry for have not played more of your requests. I tried Action Cat recently and seems there are only two levels. This does not have to mean the game is easy though. Someone on YouTube has uploaded a longer video with "longplay" in the title. But he did not complete the second level, so this is not a longplay. So game is still on my list and will hopefully play it soon.
Old 06 November 2018, 21:21   #229
Bugala

No new longplays lately? Been waiting for them. I keep checking your youtube page every now and then but no updates for 3 months already.
Old 08 January 2019, 20:11   #230
Bugala

He is still alive? Anyone knows?
Old 27 May 2019, 12:15   #231
Bugala

Anyone else even cares but me?
Old 27 May 2019, 12:22   #232
vulture

I do too, but if Hip won't respond, there must be a reason. Maybe he's got more important things to do.
Old 27 May 2019, 12:40   #233
Gzegzolka

I care too, maybe he decide to take a break.
Old 27 May 2019, 13:25   #234
DamienD
Banned

I think I read somewhere that he got a lot of agro from people for some reason, so decided to pull the plug and has also been AWOL from EAB ever since

There are also these notes on the website and also under the "Guestbook" & "Contact".
Old 27 May 2019, 13:53   #235
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
I think it is unrelated. Hipoonios parted with that site many many years ago and the site is in that state since. He was very active for long AFTER that recorded games affair.
Old 27 May 2019, 14:45   #236
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
On the last uploaded video on his Youtube account, dated Aug 4, 2018:
[ Show youtube player ]

there is a comment by Ironclaw (shown as being made 7 months ago) stating:
Quote:
For those wondering about hipoonios' whereabouts, I just met him at a diner and he's just taking a break from internet for a while. Said he might be back again in a month or so. He's been busy with other things. Everything is fine with him, as I read some people were concerned (so was I).
Old 27 May 2019, 15:12   #237
Gzegzolka

I miss his longplays and I respect his decision to take a break.
Old 27 May 2019, 16:48   #238
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Taking a break from the internet sounds strange, but in this day and age I can fully understand it. There is only so much noise and negativity that one can stand until enough is enough. That must be doubly so for a content creator, if not more.

I mean, you have to deal with bullshit such as this.

Last edited by gimbal; 27 May 2019 at 17:02.