English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 July 2023, 21:35   #561
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkero View Post
@DisasterIncarna
Try to use snoopdos before you start a game. It might help providing some extra information
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisasterIncarna View Post
yeah im looking but so far im only seeing Fails for igame trying to look for locale catalogue's which dont apply to english/british, i know this is gonna be an irritating issue that something else is probably causing thats going to be a pain to find. Cant even remember what ive changed/updated recently that could have a knockonn effect.
ok, so loooong time later ive found the obvious, my igame doesnt seem to be failing to start because of anything iGame related, after a lot of messing around ive found i have to edit igame.prefs in envarc: and use NOGUIGFX=1 if i use the tooltype NOGUIGFX to do the same it doesnt seem to work and only editing igame.prefs makes it stick.

Either way its guigfx.library related which is weird as i havent touched that in god knows how long, incase a lib file was damaged i reinstalled all the guigfx and renderlib packages just to make sure but if i have guigfx enabled i just get iGame silently failing to start, disable it and iGame is live and kicking.

So back to finding out why guigfx is failing on me now, but at least i know my iGame issue isnt really an iGame issue and im back to being able to use it at least.
Old 08 July 2023, 11:39   #562
walkero

@DisasterIncarna
Quote:
if i use the tooltype NOGUIGFX to do the same it doesnt seem to work and only editing igame.prefs makes it stick.
A few versions ago I disabled the usage of tooltypes and made the prefs file the only place to setup iGame behaviour. The tooltypes were bringing a lot of confusion to the users for many reasons.

Please have a look at this issue. It might be related with why GuiGfx is not working on your system
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php...49#post1604049
Old 14 July 2023, 01:10   #563
DisasterIncarna

Quote:
@DisasterIncarna

A few versions ago I disabled the usage of tooltypes and made the prefs file the only place to setup iGame behaviour. The tooltypes were bringing a lot of confusion to the users for many reasons.

Please have a look at this issue. It might be related with why GuiGfx is not working on your system
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php...49#post1604049
nice, yeah its probably that guigfx issue related to newer P96? thats something i actually have updated of late and by the looks of things theres a fix i just need to wait for, cheers for the link/info
Old 19 July 2023, 23:38   #564
walkero

Hello guys,
A few minutes ago I released a new version of iGame v2.4.1

Changes
### Added
- Now the Genre list is populated from the igame.data files and the genre file, if it exists, although it is not necessary. The genre filtering is working with these new values
- Added a new cycle box that lets the user filter the results based on the chipset. This requires in settings the "Prefer igame.data files" to be enabled

### Changed
- When real-time filtering is enabled at least 3 characters are required so as to be initiated. Less than 3 characters are ignored, unless the filtering by pressing the enter button is enabled.
- Removed the filtering options from the Genre list and moved them to their own select box above the entries list
- Now, even if the list entries list is populated a new repository scan will update the Chipset and Genre information based on the data found in igame.data files.
- If the "Prefer igame.data files" is not enabled those files are not used during the scan of repositories

### Fixed
- Fixed a hit when the entry properties are requested without having a selected entry

You can download it from the iGame GitHub page at
https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases/tag/v2.4.1
and soon from Aminet and OS4Depot

Please let me know how it works on your system and if you like the changes
Old 20 July 2023, 08:46   #565
Channel-Z

@Walkero Noticed there's a new iGame.png file in the extras drawer, can iGame be configured to use .png files for pictures instead of .iff ?. I converted it to .iff to use as the default igame.iff display picture on startup.

Answered my own question: Delete the iGame.iff from the root of the iGame drawer & copy iGame.png file to the root iGame drawer and rename it iGame.iff...

Last edited by Channel-Z; 20 July 2023 at 09:17.
Old 20 July 2023, 09:55   #566
TuKo
Apollo Team

thanks walkero for that new release.

For some unknown reason, even if populated into the igame.data, cyclebox doesn't display any chipset for me. I did delete genre file to make sure it doesn't collide.
Old 20 July 2023, 10:25   #567
walkero

@SnoopDos
Yeap, that's the way to use the png image. Good job.

@TuKo
Thank you for testing the new release. Try to scan again the repository so that iGame gets that information from the igame.data. Take a backup of the gameslist.csv first.
Old 24 July 2023, 13:20   #568
zodiac

Hi Walkero,

With this new version, will a rescan retain favorites? It’s a pain to have to reassign favorites after a rescan. Thanks!
Old 24 July 2023, 14:40   #569
walkero

@zodiac
I would suggest taking first a backup of the gameslist.csv file. I tried a rescan with a file from the previous version and made all the needed changes not changing anything other than adding the category and chipset information. This should work fine.
Old 26 July 2023, 00:15   #570
zodiac

Hi, I tried rescanning and I have all kind of gibberish items in the side panel. In addition, the favorites tag disappears when I try to the filter over the game list. I’m using Mrv2k’s genre list. Maybe this only works for the original list provided with igame?
Old 26 July 2023, 10:57   #571
mrv2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
Hi, I tried rescanning and I have all kind of gibberish items in the side panel. In addition, the favorites tag disappears when I try to the filter over the game list. I’m using Mrv2k’s genre list. Maybe this only works for the original list provided with igame?
I've posted the bug on Github. Happens with my install too.
Old 26 July 2023, 12:07   #572
walkero

@zodiac
Quote:
In addition, the favorites tag disappears when I try to the filter over the game list.
I am sorry but I didn't understand what you mean here. Can you please explain it more?
Old 27 July 2023, 01:38   #573
zodiac

Quote:
@zodiac

I am sorry but I didn't understand what you mean here. Can you please explain it more?
The new filter over the game list starts with Favorites based on the menu selection to start as such. When I go to remove the favorites filter, it only shows the last 5 genre entries (Tabletop)from the genre list. When I select these genres, I eventually get to the complete list. This is with Mrv2k’s extensive genre list per the individual igame.data files. This is the new filter bar in the left window over the actual game list.

Thanks for all your work!
Old 27 July 2023, 01:49   #574
walkero

@zodiac
Would it be possible to make a video of that behaviour and upload it somewhere?
Old 28 July 2023, 15:05   #575
Superman

Anyone else not getting the game properties menu to work in 2.4.1 ? When I click on it nothing happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8196.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	79748  

Last edited by Superman; 28 July 2023 at 15:11.
Old 28 July 2023, 16:23   #576
walkero

@Superman
Do you get any error message? Do you have enough memory left?
Old 28 July 2023, 19:20   #577
Superman

Quote:
@Superman
Do you get any error message? Do you have enough memory left?

No error message and I have a TF1230 in my A1200 128mb fast ram.
Old 28 July 2023, 19:30   #578
wiz12

2.4.2 has been released

https://github.com/MrZammler/iGame/releases
Old 28 July 2023, 19:50   #579
walkero

@Superman
Do you have Texteditor.mcc installed? Did the previous versions work fine?
Old 28 July 2023, 21:24   #580
Superman

Quote:
@Superman
Do you have Texteditor.mcc installed? Did the previous versions work fine?

I'm sure previous version worked ok. Just spotted another update 2.4.2 so I'm trying a clean install of this one now (totally deleted old version).

EDIT: 2.4.2 is the same and that particular function doesn't work for me. I haven't installed any text editors or anything like that although I did update my MUI from 3.8 to 5 a few months ago.

Last edited by Superman; 28 July 2023 at 21:39.