English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 08 May 2006, 08:40   #1
homerami

Scan doubler

Not sure if this would do the trick:

http://www.normwandler.de/product_in...er-CM-340.html

It has a VGA 15 pin input but it says on the spec sheet that the VGA input is a bypass so I am not sure if it would up-scan the Ami's 15.75khz horizontals via the RGB 15pin. It definitely upscans the compist and s-video inputs.

Also, sillier question, does the composite out on the Ami output all the Double Pal, Productivity modes or does the RGB only do that?

Anyone know of a 3rd party scan doubler that is readily available? The old DCE's are rare and over priced IMO. I guess I could buy an LCD TV as they have composite inputs and 15pin VGA inputs but I am not sure if the VGA input would up-scan. I have tried my Amiga 1200 on a Panasonic AE300 projector and it accepts all the screen modes.

Old 08 May 2006, 11:43   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerami
Not sure if this would do the trick:
http://www.normwandler.de/product_in...er-CM-340.html
It would but it is rubbish compared to a REAL Amiga scandoubler.

Quote:
It has a VGA 15 pin input but it says on the spec sheet that the VGA input is a bypass so I am not sure if it would up-scan the Ami's 15.75khz horizontals via the RGB 15pin. It definitely upscans the compist and s-video inputs.
You are correct it would NOT up-scan the VGA input.

Quote:
Also, sillier question, does the composite out on the Ami output all the Double Pal, Productivity modes or does the RGB only do that?
Productivity I think is a yes. Double Pal is a no.

Quote:
Anyone know of a 3rd party scan doubler that is readily available? The old DCE's are rare and over priced IMO.
Jens Schoenfeld's Indivision is on sale at AmigaKit and Vesalia for about £70

Quote:
I guess I could buy an LCD TV as they have composite inputs and 15pin VGA inputs but I am not sure if the VGA input would up-scan.
There are several LCDTV's that do upscan RGB SCART signals, unfortunately it's trial and error, or a lot of research on the net.

ASDA in the UK were selling a 15" LCDTV with RGB SCART scandoubler, XGA DSUB input and DVI inputs for just under £200.
Old 08 May 2006, 11:46   #3
keropi

this is a normal vga box for use with consoles... at best it has svhs input, and as a standar vhs input. Also it could have the custom cables for consoles, but it will just grab svhs or vhs from there, not rgb signal... the vhs output found on amiga and other devices produces low quality image... somewhat good for games, but not for wb... better save for a real scandoubler...
Old 08 May 2006, 16:04   #4
thomas

Looking at normwandler.de, this one is what you are looking for: http://www.normwandler.de/product_in...r-CM-345S.html

It takes RGB PAL and NTSC video input and converts it to VGA suitable for PC monitors.

The picture is not perfect (not comparable to connecting the Amiga directly to the monitor using Multiscan screenmode), but much better than that of the Indivision.

Additionally it is ideal for people with modern graphics cards without built-in scandoubler because it allows to switch between video input and VGA input with a remote control.