English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 13 October 2001, 00:59   #1
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I am rediscovering this thread . It shows me the problem here. Twist originally asked for game. It ends up with several memeber posting absolutely unrelated pic, huge ones. Totally off topic discussion on avatars and Last Ninja.
There were originally 15 posts here. Now its 3. So...has anyone been able to find this game for Twist? I know i have'nt..its a toughie.

Last edited by Amiga1992; 15 October 2001 at 03:06.
Old 13 October 2001, 07:34   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks for upping and optimizing this thread, fred (may I call you threadfgreat?) I almost forgot I haven't found the game yet. And the request is so tidy and neat!
Old 13 October 2001, 07:48   #3
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

I have edited 100 posts and killed 400 more. You will see the new . sleek EAb. And, I will delete all posts here once your game is found, including the thread. I only keep it if there is interesting or important notes on the game, its history, how to get it running, other tidbits that are useful.
Old 13 October 2001, 09:36   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well, all of that info on the game, as well as the box art, will be in the upcoming database anyhow. Unless I get lucky enough to find a better box scan. Although that one is better than none at all.
Old 13 October 2001, 09:37   #5
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Your avatar needs a better scan.
Old 13 October 2001, 12:27   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

The blurriness is retro...
Old 14 October 2001, 19:31   #7
Amiga1992

I have took teh same approach as fred, keeping interesting info and destroying threads of requests that have been fulfilled.

HOwever I did not get to split useful info in other threads where they should belong. I supsoe that now, with Fred and Ian's help, it'll be easier.

BTW we should delete all this blabber, or split it
Old 14 October 2001, 19:50   #8
Ian
Global Moderator

Delete
Old 14 October 2001, 22:39   #9
MethodGit

Split
Old 15 October 2001, 03:14   #10
Amiga1992

I splitted it and put it in the abime.net forum, because Fred's point is very good and it should be noted. When our minds start to go off topic we should post in a more related forum with a pointer to teh originating discussion. Whatcha think?
Old 15 October 2001, 03:33   #11
Ian
Global Moderator

Hmm, a good idea, I did it once as a wind-up to someone, but it did work then

Last resort, we could just split them as soon as we notice

But Fred's obligatory "Bitch" post in each thread doesn't count as off-topic does it
Old 15 October 2001, 03:49   #12
birdy-scc
Banned

Deleting too much is a dangerous thing.

If you want a community, then deleting so-called off-topic information will do nothing but sterilise the conversation.

Ok, it's good to remove completely pointless threads, but if there is something which builds the reputation of this board as a discussion forum - rather than a rho-bo-tic request site - then you should probably be a bit less *destructive*

Not everyone thinks the same way, and there have been a number of almost existential threads in here which make this forum an interesting place to be. But I wonder how long it will be before these are deleted because someone is having a bad day?

There seems to be little GENUINE reason for deleting some of what has been *destroyed*.

Let's burn the books.
Old 15 October 2001, 04:00   #13
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

I tend to agree with this. A lot of the character of this board is directly related with the evolving personalities, which is not neccesarily manifested in standard requests or technical info. Which is why I was opposed to the destruction of some of the flaming threads against Marz. Without quite a number of these, there is no evidence indicating a lot of what irritates the rest of us about him. After a mass sweep, he could end up looking like just another one of us, which is clearly not the case.

Here in the US, there has been a massive movement over the last several decades to rewrite history that is taught in schools. The political correctness police want to make ethnic minorities 'feel good' about themselves, so they eliminate portions of history that is taught and underscore lesser events because it makes for more 'empowered' reading. But at the end of the day, it's just a big lie.

Like with real history, everything should not be stored to preserve every insect to grace the earth. But many things which appear irrelevant or unpopular, actually serve the purpose of justifying the current climate.

My 2p worth...
Old 15 October 2001, 06:54   #14
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Twistin'-sadly political correctness is a hassle the world over...
Just one question Fred-you mentioned this started out as a game request thread & hat to tidy it up.

What game is being requested?
I'm skipping thru here & not reading all the posts, but I didn't see the name of the game in question!!
Old 15 October 2001, 15:22   #15
birdy-scc
Banned

blank, you're a hypocrite, RCK.
Old 15 October 2001, 18:14   #16
Ian
Global Moderator

I'm against deleting stuff too (Unless there pictures then they die) text doesn't take up half the space that pictures do after all

What I think was Akira's idea is to split threads, not delete them, for instance, if someone requests a game and we all start reminiscing about the game or games of that type surely it would be better to split the thread and all bar the request be put into the Nostalgia section, this will tidy up the request section for one and also make it easy for people to find what they are looking for, be it reminiscing (Nostalgia) or the ADF (Request).

Or we just carry on as we are It doesn't really matter that much.
Old 15 October 2001, 18:35   #17
Amiga1992

Yep that's my idea, NOT DESTROYING, just tidying it all up. When we start drifting offtopic on a thread we move the stuff onto a more suitable forum and go on.

From my massive sweep, all I deleted is pointless information ('I need game. here you go , thanx thanx thanx' kind of stuff, absolutely rubbish offtopic threads), and not the stuff that matters. Search offtopic and you will find MArz's stupid attempt at net-suicide.

This is how I think the board should go like, all tidy but no deleting madness. If someone has a bad day and starts deleting threads he shouldn't be a mod, but I think none of the selected moderators would do such a stupid thing. RCK will handle this perfectly, in case such thing happens.
Old 15 October 2001, 18:49   #18
Ian
Global Moderator

Totally agree Akira

This is my plan with the pictures/attachments, any picture/attachment older than a month will be deleted, do you think this is fair??
Old 15 October 2001, 18:54   #19
Amiga1992

If it is really funny or good, no. I saved those pics Twistin posted with kid book-like stuff. hilarious. i have to repost them