Code:
 lha a -a2 WorkIcon.lha Work:disk.info
Thanks !
Old 01 May 2011, 19:18   #82
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
No, the black background is fine, the only problem was when I tried to save disk space and remove your AISS images (I already have AISS installed for DiskImageGUI). Then I get a horrible pink background, but DiskImageGUI gives me a grey background with the same images.
OK, this issue should now be fixed for the next versions of AmiArcadia (V15.71?) and Report+ (V6.62?), when they are released. Thanks for your bug report.
Old 01 May 2011, 23:38   #83
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
@mfilos
Yes please, send me your 'Work' icon:

Code:
 lha a -a2 WorkIcon.lha Work:disk.info
Thanks !
There you go my friend.
Attached Files
File Type: lha WorkIcon.lha (1.7 KB, 188 views)
Old 02 May 2011, 09:02   #84
PeterK

@mfilos
Never thought that someone could use NewIcons for 'disk.info' ! But why not ?

@James
Ok, I've tried my best to improve things a little. No PNG images for the icons in WBStartup will be processed anymore during boot-up. And the pngalpha.library will be disabled when Scalos works as a real WB-clone.

Please check out to insert a 'Wait 5' before IPrefs in the startup-sequence, disable 'ShowAmiga96' and remove 'ShowAmiga96_Close(.info)' from WBStartup.

Btw, the flags and viewmodes for PNG drawer icons are now always set to the defaults: displaying only real icons and no text-mode listings. This is done because these settings can't be saved back to the PNG icons yet like the snapshot of their position, too.

Update: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=116

Last edited by PeterK; 13 May 2011 at 07:53.
Old 02 May 2011, 09:09   #85
Cosmos
Banned

Nobody will/can stop PeterK
Old 02 May 2011, 10:23   #86
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
Nobody will/can stop PeterK
Except for all these awful bugs which I make, if they are taking over the control of my icon.library, then I would give up

But in comparison to all these megabyte bulks of software that you've already released, I'm just doing nearly nothing at all and that's coming in slow motion. I'm always surprised how you can do all these things when I sometimes look at your blog where you report brilliantly about all your nice projects. So, I would say: Nobody can stop Cosmos !
Old 03 May 2011, 17:41   #87
James

Quote:
Except for all these awful bugs which I make, if they are taking over the control of my icon.library, then I would give up
Hmm maybe I should'nt report this then. But I tried what you said and I'm still getting crashes with the latest icon.library. Renaming pngalpha.library works but the icons look worse than before and I can't use Skinnableclock. I have about 30(!!) programs in WBStartup. If I reduce it down to about 12 it works fine.

@Minuous

Cool!
Old 03 May 2011, 18:05   #88
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
The new lib seems to be working better without powericons running now although I dont know if the icons look right (due to extra shine they have now - that didnt show before). Is it ok to ask for the Outlined/shadow Icon text to be added as an extra feature ? Having used such feature with newicons/powericons its quickly missed when dissabling these
Old 03 May 2011, 18:12   #89
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
Is it ok to ask for the Outlined/shadow Icon text to be added as an extra feature ?
I use outlinefont for this.

http://aminet.net/search?query=outlinefont14
Old 05 May 2011, 03:56   #90
DarrenHD

Quote:

But in comparison to all these megabyte bulks of software that you've already released, I'm just doing nearly nothing at all and that's coming in slow motion. I'm always surprised how you can do all these things when I sometimes look at your blog where you report brilliantly about all your nice projects. So, I would say: Nobody can stop Cosmos !
Peter I`m running a dual boot system, OS 4.1 Classic (yes I`m a beta tester) and OS 3.9 BB4 (plain install) and I notice the OS4.1 icons are displaying with a fair amount of banding. Is there anything that can be done?

PS - it's a Radeon 9250 at 1024x768x16-bit using Picasso96 and a Mediator 4000Di.

Here is a scerenshot:

Last edited by DarrenHD; 05 May 2011 at 07:57. Reason: added gfx card and screen resolution/depth :)
Old 05 May 2011, 13:19   #91
Cosmos
Banned

>The only issues I get from time to time are some weird image/sprite distortion after some heavy file activities (copying/deleting etc under DOpus) but I'm sure that this is due to Cosmos new Graphics.library despite your new Icon.library

Holy s**t, another bug...

If you have time, can your try with older graphics.library versions ? Have you still them ?

Begin with the lastest, and check older one by one until no bug => very usefull for me to find & fix !

Thanks dude !
Old 05 May 2011, 18:10   #92
PeterK

@James Sorry, pardon please, excuse me, I didn't want to fool you,
but the trick with the WBStartup drawer without using the pngalpha.library was not working like I wanted it. The names of the requested icons did not include the paths as I thought when I tried to detect the WBStartup drawer. I had to retrieve the full paths with all parent dirs first. Now it should really work, because when I disabled all image processing for the WBSTartup then I got the def_icons indeed.

Futhermore, I would strongly recommend to everybody to try out the PNGdt44 from Gunther Nickel without the pngalpha.library. It has a quite good quality, because it can fade with alpha against a gray background color, so that I could use a small range of this gray value to switch to a transparent background. OK, this is always a compromise between solid gray bubbles around the object and some transparent (gray) holes inside.

But the PNGdt44 is also the fastest datatype for icons and unlike the akPNG and the WarpPNG it has no memory leaks at all. The PNG_dt43 comes without memleaks too. The big disadvantage of these memleaks is the memory fragmentation, not the few bytes which get lost per image.

Please try the new version 46.4.205 and report any problems. I hope it's a bit more stable now than the previous versions 203 and 204.

According the small number of available colors I must say that it's not possible to perform a real high quality color reduction on the fly from 24 bit to 8 bit. Thus, my simple method it to cut some bits off from 8/8/8 to 3/3/2 and add some tricks here and there as long as they are fast enough. Finally the average icon may have just 30 - 50 colors out of 256 possible in theory. But no image uses the complete color range consistently like a color table.

What is more important on an older AGA system, speed or quality ?

Update below: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=116

Last edited by PeterK; 13 May 2011 at 07:52.
Old 05 May 2011, 18:21   #93
James

All working great again. Thanks!
Old 05 May 2011, 18:31   #94
PeterK

All working great again.

Good news, thanks a lot, James !!

Just a little curious now.... how did you get the library, since the number of views is still "0" atm ??

Last edited by PeterK; 05 May 2011 at 18:55.
Old 05 May 2011, 18:57   #95
DarrenHD

Quote:
All working great again.

Good news, thanks a lot, James !!

Just a little curious now.... how did you get the library, since the number of views is still "0" atm ??
Peter will this new version if the icon library help with the banding (see my screenshot above) I can try it out when I get home tonight.

thnx,

Darren
Old 05 May 2011, 19:08   #96
PeterK

No sorry, I didn't try to improve that yet, but let me see what's possible in the next days. Maybe I can increase the number of colors a little without loosing too much time. I think nobody wants to wait a few seconds until a new window has been opened and filled with icons. At first, my goal was to make these icons visible on OS 3.5+ at all, and now I can try to tune and tweak a bit more, but I cannot promise anything.
Old 05 May 2011, 19:23   #97
DarrenHD

Quote:
No sorry, I didn't try to improve that yet, but let me see what's possible in the next days. Maybe I can increase the number of colors a little without loosing too much time. I think nobody wants to wait a few seconds until a new window has been opened and filled with icons. At first, my goal was to make these icons visible on OS 3.5+ at all, and now I can try to tune and tweak a bit more, but I cannot promise anything.
Ok, no problem. It looks much better than before even with the banding

Thank you very much!

Darren
Old 05 May 2011, 19:33   #98
James

Quote:
???? I downloaded before I logged in maybe that made a difference???

Hmm just downloaded it 2 more times while logged in to test this and it is still saying 4 views.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Evidence.png
Views:	213
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	28594

Don't believe this but I'm getting crashes again now, everything seemed fine earlier.

*Update* Things are better than before, booted twice today with no problems but at other times I'm getting crashes again...

Last edited by James; 06 May 2011 at 15:43. Reason: Added something
Old 09 May 2011, 16:42   #99
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Peter my friend, sorry for the late reply but honeymoon circumstances kept me some days apart

New (46.4.205) version works like a charm and no more 3.1 icon for my Work: partition

Thanks a lot
Old 10 May 2011, 13:10   #100
PeterK

Icon.library 46.4.206 has a new procedure to open the pngalpha.library. I don't know if this can help to solve booting problems ?? Futhermore, I tried to improve the color reduction from 24 bit to 8 bit a little to get less color banding effects.

Btw, what's wrong with EAB atm ?? I can't get a reliable connection anymore !!

Update below: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=116

Last edited by PeterK; 13 May 2011 at 07:51.