English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 23 July 2013, 22:32   #141
zenowik

well. palette was okay once i set bitplane order to 12345678 but maptapper should do that automatically for me, i did save my IK settings in maptapper with good palette but after opening settings again it did not had good palette and i had to do it again myself.
Thats weird why gfxrip has mode thats misleading and i wasted so much time trying to get ST sprites wow, it should be removed.
By the way is it possible to insert savestate from atari st to maptapper? id like to rip some sprites from atari st but i dont know where to get savestates.
Old 23 July 2013, 22:55   #142
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenowik View Post
well. palette was okay once i set bitplane order to 12345678 but maptapper should do that automatically for me, i did save my IK settings in maptapper with good palette but after opening settings again it did not had good palette and i had to do it again myself.
Thats weird why gfxrip has mode thats misleading and i wasted so much time trying to get ST sprites wow, it should be removed.
By the way is it possible to insert savestate from atari st to maptapper? id like to rip some sprites from atari st but i dont know where to get savestates.
I know almost nothing about Atari ST savestates (what emulator are you even talking about?) and would need documentation about the format to be able to support them. If someone else does the research for me I might be able to put it in but if someone just sends me a link to an emulator then it won't happen.
Old 24 July 2013, 01:54   #143
zenowik

Does maptapper have shortcut in maptapper for something between arrow and arrow+shit ? Because arrow is too slow and arrow + shift goes too far, it would speed up process.

Last edited by zenowik; 24 July 2013 at 02:18.
Old 24 July 2013, 03:21   #144
Codetapper

What do you propose? Shift and arrow move one tile so if the "tile" is huge then it'll move that far. If you have any ideas, let me know.
Old 24 July 2013, 09:53   #145
zenowik

Well it works nicely in gfxrip but im not sure whats the distance, i can move fast to rip first AM type but not that fast in maptapper cause that type needs to adjust Y offset with W/S + shitf so very similar speed would be nice in maptapper, also X offset change with shift works good, could be tiny bit faster but its ok and in maptapper its tooo fast i think its entire window so if letter A is on bottom then after W/S + shift B is on top and this is too big distance and i have to switch very often to using only W/S without shift and this is too slow.
I think shift+ arrow jumps through entire one grid so its grid size dependant but thats tooo fast for W/S.
In gfxrip S + shift jumps from 1 to 9 then to 17, 25, 33.

Last edited by zenowik; 24 July 2013 at 10:09.
Old 29 September 2013, 04:44   #146
TjLaZer

Can the keymap be fixed now that the game is stable? Thanks!
Old 30 September 2013, 08:26   #147
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjLaZer View Post
Can the keymap be fixed now that the game is stable? Thanks!
What's there to get fixed ?
Old 30 September 2013, 10:26   #148
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
What's there to get fixed ?
I think he wants a QWERTY version instead of AZERTY:
http://eab.abime.net/amiga-scene/685...tml#post880930

and post #108

/me put his beret on his head, a baguette in one hand and a French flag in the other hand

But let me tell you TjLaZer, I am sure meynaf is a proud French that will resist until the end against American imperialism and will therefore never comply with your demands. Send in your US marines if you are not happy. They will be well received. We will eat frog legs on your graves.
Old 02 October 2013, 03:52   #149
TjLaZer

Yes when I type in the high score screen the characters do not match as I have QWERTY.
Old 02 October 2013, 05:40   #150
lee t

Looking good. Love to see sky strike on the Amiga.
Old 03 October 2013, 10:58   #151
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
/me put his beret on his head, a baguette in one hand and a French flag in the other hand

But let me tell you TjLaZer, I am sure meynaf is a proud French that will resist until the end against American imperialism and will therefore never comply with your demands. Send in your US marines if you are not happy. They will be well received. We will eat frog legs on your graves.
Well, if someone has code to make an easy translation from raw key code to ascii, using the system's keymap (rather than hardwired in the code), and which does not break my actual code, i may eventually consider
Old 03 October 2013, 17:40   #152
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Well, if someone has code to make an easy translation from raw key code to ascii, using the system's keymap (rather than hardwired in the code), and which does not break my actual code, i may eventually consider
You could just use the keymap.library and have the system do it for you, see here (Amiga browser friendly site ): http://amigadev.elowar.com/read/ADCD.../node0469.html. Seems easy enough to use.
Old 07 October 2013, 09:36   #153
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
You could just use the keymap.library and have the system do it for you, see here (Amiga browser friendly site ): http://amigadev.elowar.com/read/ADCD.../node0469.html. Seems easy enough to use.
I remember having had a look to keymap.library and it didn't match my needs. I'll have a second look.
Old 10 October 2013, 09:42   #154
meynaf
son of 68k

Well, it appears that this MapRawKey example code was a lot more useful than any explanation i've read on the subject, even though i had to compile it and then read the generated asm...

Of course it didn't do the exact job I wanted, but i was able to properly use it in my system framework (you remember that thing Thorham ?), and get satisfactory results (to my greatest surprise).

Now IK is using it and a new version is there for testing :
http://meynaf.free.fr/pr/ik.lzx

Remember the keys are now mapped "correctly" (?) so the M for music on/off is no longer necessarily the one next to the "L" key

Another thing is that it's probably not a good idea to make a floppy version (or a whd slave) from it, as it would then use a fixed keymap again...

Even though I've made my own tests, I'm not exactly a good tester for this kind of game, so i may have missed something and added a few more bugs

Anyway i dare to hope the poor mites forced to use these dummy qwerty keyboards will be satisfied
Old 10 October 2013, 11:22   #155
Codetapper

Actually WHDLoad has a built in keymap feature so a slave wouldn't use a fixed keymap unless the slave author didn't support it.
Old 10 October 2013, 12:38   #156
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Anyway i dare to hope the poor mites forced to use these dummy qwerty keyboards will be satisfied
You should make this release Marseillaise-ware.
People who download it (instead of the AZERTY version) will have to post a video on Youtube of themselves singing the Marseillaise (French national anthem for those who would not know)
Old 11 October 2013, 21:15   #157
TjLaZer

Works very well thank you very much for the update.
Old 13 October 2013, 01:54   #158
Thorham
Computer Nerd

Quote:
Well, it appears that this MapRawKey example code was a lot more useful than any explanation i've read on the subject, even though i had to compile it and then read the generated asm...
Glad to hear it

Quote:
(you remember that thing Thorham ?)
Of course, how could I forget?

Quote:
Another thing is that it's probably not a good idea to make a floppy version (or a whd slave) from it, as it would then use a fixed keymap again...
There's always the setkeyboard command. Or someone could make a minimal Workbench.
Old 16 October 2013, 15:21   #159
yesplease

How cool !!! But I expierenced quite often that I really thought my guy must have hit the opponent but it doesn't. Is there a special configuration necessary for better sprite collision detection ? I am running in latest fs-uae.

Anyway, merci meynaf
Old 16 October 2013, 15:27   #160
Amiga1992

Sorry to ask after 8 pages, but what exactly is the difference of the IK+ ST version to the Amiga version? Anything better?