English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 15 January 2009, 03:05   #1
Gameboi

"Hard drive" access causes sound & video stuttering

Whenever I run an WHDLoad game loaded into WinUAE1.51, my audio will stutter & my video will blink out (flash) as the "hard drive" is being accessed. This doesn't happen with the floppy versions of these games. Is this normal? It's quite annoying. I'm running an AMD Dual-Core 2+ GHz system so I'm sure I have the muscle to run WinUAE effectively. What could be the problem? It makes running games & apps using WHDload images pretty much useless on my system. Thanks for any help.

G.

Old 15 January 2009, 05:11   #2
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Did you try the preload tooltype? Also what config is your emulated amiga?
Old 15 January 2009, 17:23   #3
Gameboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Did you try the preload tooltype? Also what config is your emulated amiga?
No, and I'm new to the Amiga emulation scene and wouldn't know how to go about doing that. I'm using the A1200 preset configuration for WinUAE with Gamebase Amiga v1.6. Where do I set "preload tooltype" so all my WHDLoad games will preload? TIA.

G.

Old 15 January 2009, 17:59   #4
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboi View Post
No, and I'm new to the Amiga emulation scene and wouldn't know how to go about doing that. I'm using the A1200 preset configuration for WinUAE with Gamebase Amiga v1.6. Where do I set "preload tooltype" so all my WHDLoad games will preload? TIA.

G.
Not sure on Gamesbase, but I think you can add PRELOAD to the information of the game icon. Or test it via cli, "WHDLoad gamename.slave PRELOAD" and see if it runs fine then.

if it still plays up, then it could be your computer, maybe CPU to slow. In which case try lowering the resolution and disabling any video filters.