English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 02 January 2014, 13:25   #1
sea

wacom stylus/cursor absolute positioning issue?

exactly as the docs state, i last used an amiga emulator about 10 years ago, amazing to see how fast and user friendly its become since then.

fired up deluxe paint 3, was pleased that i could remember my painting tricks from 20 years ago.

tried to use my wacom stylus with it, found it doesn't work very well; when I touch the stylus to the tablet, the amiga cursor jumps to another location. it seems that fs-uae in fullscreen is trying to set a relative cursor position, while the wacom stylus is trying to set an absolute position.

i know its a very niche request, but is there a solution for this? it might become a bigger issue later as tablet pc's become more popular (and an eventual android port appears!)

Old 02 January 2014, 13:39   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

"mousehack" mode (It injects absolute mouse coordinates to input.device, only works if program is system friendly) probably is included with FS-UAE, only need to find how to enable it.

It can't ever work with programs that take over the system, without game-specific patching.
Old 02 January 2014, 15:13   #3
sea

oh cool! couldn't see an option in the fs-uae preferences anywhere, but I've seen other posts mention a text config file for other options. I'll do some research, see if I can enable it that way.

thanks!

Old 02 January 2014, 17:41   #4
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

There isn't any way enable mousehack in FS-UAE for the time being - FS-UAE does not currently send absolute mouse coordinates to the UAE core. It is possible to add support for it, but I may have to change how the SDL code works with regard to SDL mouse grab when I want to read absolute pointer coordinates.
Old 02 January 2014, 23:51   #5
sea

Ah ok, I might try one of the other UAE builds. Thanks for the info guys!

*time passes*

Ah, looks like that's a winuae thing, and I'm on osx. Will steal time on a windows box when I get a sec...

Last edited by sea; 03 January 2014 at 06:29.

Old 03 January 2014, 10:50   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

All UAE versions should have at least basic mousehack mode.
Old 27 September 2014, 13:52   #7
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

An initial version of mouse integration / mousehack / magic mouse is available in the latest development version (2.5.17dev). I haven't got a tablet, so I haven't actually tested it with tables. Works well with mouse at least
Old 30 January 2015, 13:04   #8
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

@FrodeSolheim I cant see the mouse hack options in the latest beta? Are they hiding in the preferences somewhere?

Thanks for adding this option by the way!
Old 30 January 2015, 20:17   #9
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlega View Post
@FrodeSolheim I cant see the mouse hack options in the latest beta? Are they hiding in the preferences somewhere?
Kind of There's no UI for it yet, add the following to custom configuration (you'll find it in the main menu):
Code:
mouse_integration = 1
Old 31 January 2015, 18:47   #10
thinlega

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Kind of There's no UI for it yet, add the following to custom configuration (you'll find it in the main menu):
Code:
mouse_integration = 1
Ah! that explains it.

I have managed to get it working, with my Wacom tablet. You also need to turn off both of the 'Grab mouse' options in the mouse settings or the mouse will still jump about when the pen is pressed down (left mouse button).

Thanks again for implementing this feature dude!
Old 31 January 2015, 20:21   #11
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinlega View Post
You also need to turn off both of the 'Grab mouse' options in the mouse settings or the mouse will still jump about when the pen is pressed down (left mouse button).
This is not needed, these options (automatic_input_grab, initial_input_grab) are automatically disabled (*) if mouse_integration is disabled.

(*) Unless the options are explicitly enabled by the user. Then you actually have to disable the options or reset to "Default").
Old 01 February 2015, 13:26   #12
thinlega

Ok, thanks I will set them back to default. I must have been messing with the options when I was first trying to get it working. Cheers Dude!
Old 01 March 2015, 17:22   #13
lovinggames

I can confirm that mouse hack works for me with Wacom on Linux.
Old 20 August 2016, 04:56   #14
lovinggames

Was the "mouse_integration = 1" removed from Fs-Uae? Because I add that to the advanced settings but it is removed from the settings automatically.

My wacom pen pointer goes berserk inside the emulator.

thanks
Old 22 August 2016, 18:34   #15
jbl007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinggames View Post
Was the "mouse_integration = 1" removed from Fs-Uae? Because I add that to the advanced settings but it is removed from the settings automatically.
This option is not allowed in global advanced settings. Write it to your config and it should work again.
Old 22 August 2016, 20:41   #16
lovinggames

@jbl007

Thanks for the tip
Old 19 February 2017, 12:45   #17
Team_Hoi
Former Amiga game creator

Question

Hi,

I've just got FS-UAE running with a HD file containing DPaint IV. It's pure magic having a working DPaint on my screen again. It must have been almost 20 years ago or so since I last worked with DPaint.

There's only one issue I can't seem to resolve. I'm working with a Wacom Cintiq tablet, and FS-UAE uses only a small portion of the Cintiq screen to drive the Amiga mouse pointer. This results in the pointer accelerating past the position of my Wacom pen. I've switched the Amiga Mouse in the FS-UAE Launcher to a Cintiq entry in the drop-down menu, but then the pointer doesn't move at all.

Searching for a solution I stumbled across this thread. How do I realize the mouse hack that's mentioned here? Or is there maybe a new solution in the mean time?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 19 February 2017, 13:34   #18
Team_Hoi

Ah, entering "mouse_integration = 1" in the FS-UAE Launcher's Custom Configuration window solved the issue!
Old 19 February 2017, 14:26   #19
Team_Hoi

I've just discovered a new issue. One of the Wacom pen buttons serves as my right mouse button, but the right-click menus in DPaint only open for a short moment, then disappear again, no matter if I hold down the right mousebutton.

This only occurs when I switch to MacOS full screen mode though. Does anyone recognize this issue?

Thanks,

Metin
Old 19 February 2017, 16:48   #20
emufan

did you tested some of the graphics tablet driver software in the zone: Tablet.Driver.Software.zip ?
one thing a while back it was discovered, the tablet.library is used by dpaint. this is on the accupoint wacom disk.
the registered gtdriver 1.0r does also support wacom tablets.
cannot say how well it will work inside emulation, but when you run out of ideas, just have a look into the driver collection.