English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 July 2002, 14:01   #21
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

Did anyone ever play loom?
Took me about 8 months to complete that game, kept writing the musical notes down wrong.
Old 23 July 2002, 14:34   #22
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

@Mick_AKA.
Never dared try Loom-given I know nothing about musical notations I've got no hope of tackling that game.
BTW-I saw you asked somewhere else if anyone had PC bebeath a steel Sky-I do!
Not a bad game, but a nightmare to run on Windows 98. THink the last time I ran it I copied the game folder over to Hard disk,& used the "scroll lock" bug fix, but still had to restore/save often to take into account crashes.

If you don't mind another format (PC), also try to track down Broken Sword. (By the same company Revolution)
Old 23 July 2002, 15:04   #23
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

@7-Zark-7 yea i know what you mean, the last time I got that game to run properly was on my old 486sx, I now have XP and I cant even get the game to run at all
Old 25 July 2002, 18:09   #24
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys

I have now started to play Monkey Island.
Let's see how far I get without looking up any walkthru....
Old 25 July 2002, 18:50   #25
ethylene

Send a message via ICQ to ethylene Send a message via AIM to ethylene Send a message via MSN to ethylene Send a message via Yahoo to ethylene
@7-Zark-7:

I know how to finish Willy Beamish. Are you stuck somewhere?

I've been able to play all my old DOS games under Win98. Just a matter of having an ISA soundcard, writing separate sections of CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT, and creating a boot menu. It also helps if you disable your L1 cache, for games designed in the pre-Pentium era. This can be done with a freeware utility at boot time. If you want more details, I've got 'em!

@EAB:

Actually, there's one game I cannot get to work right no matter what. It's called Alien Logic. Interestingly enough, this brings my post back to the topic, because it's a great point-and-click adventure. I really recommend it, if you are highly skilled at running legacy apps on your PC.

One game I always loved was Shadowgate on the NES. I never got into the Amiga version, because the copy I had was bad. Kinda challenging, but can be figured out by trial and error.

Loom was cool. It had a great line towards the end, oh what was it? Damn! The villain said something just classic. It was like a one-word sentence, but it was just perfect. Oh yeah! Bobbin says something like, "Over my dead body." Then the villain says, "Preference noted."

I've been meaning to try The Dig and Beneath a Steel Sky. Been too busy ZSNESing lately