English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 15 February 2009, 15:23   #1
mk1

CDTV mouse mode emulation

Hi,

I think this was discussed sometime earlier so I thought maybe it would be a good time to bring it up as a separate topic.

Currently there's no CDTV mouse mode emulation and this makes playing certain titles impossible (Wrath of the Demon, Shiftrix & Lettrix, Cubulus & Magic Serpent to name some). Would it be a great task to implement this or is there already some workaround in WinUAE for this?
Old 17 February 2009, 11:58   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Do you mean regular mouse isn't working? (CDTV pad in mouse mode = CDTV special hardware emulates mouse movements)
Old 17 February 2009, 12:08   #3
mk1

No, regular mouse doesn't do the trick. There's some difference in controlling the mouse pointer with the IR remote in mouse mode compared to software that use a real mouse. It's kinda stupid that the IR controller mouse mode won't function with a real mouse. A bit difficult to explain how they differ but I think I've seen some Workbench tools that do the same thing, like control your mouse pointer with a joystick.
Old 17 February 2009, 16:04   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Looks like game expects smooth and slow mouse movements. (lazy coding)
Probably works fine if you use input panel to configure mouse movement to keys or joystick/pad buttons. (and possibly adjust mouse speed)
Old 17 February 2009, 16:49   #5
mk1

Ok, thanks for the tip. I'll have to give this a try.

EDIT:
Well Toni, I'm happy to report that it does work in fact the way you suggested it, but there's only one problem now: it's way too fast for some games. You can't move the pointer accurately enough unless there's some kind of a slow down option but it does the job for Wrath of the Demon for example.

Now if only you had these options as a preset and with the slow down..

EDIT2:
Oh, and adjusting mouse speed had no effect on the keyboard controls, unfortunately.

Last edited by mk1; 17 February 2009 at 21:10.
Old 17 February 2009, 22:36   #6
mk1

I noticed that it was in fact Digital joy-mouse speed that had some effect on the mouse speed but this varied depending on the program. The values that gave a reasonable results were between 1-3 so there's not a lot of room really.

The problem is the accelration as very small movements are still hard to do even if the mouse rolling speed is satisfactory.