English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Music

Old 18 November 2023, 09:20   #1
AlchemyQuinn

Is Matt Gray still active and selling Reformation music?

If this thread is not in the right section or not appropriate, please let me know the best place to post or to remove . It's a bit of a last resort question!

On 29/10 I bought the Reformation Vinyl Record from Matt Grays website, but I'm yet to receive the goods (link to website below for reference).

https://6581records.com/products/ref...oads-matt-gray

The app the confirmation email tells me to check for tracking the goods states the vinyl is shipped, but there's no tracking reference. I've not received a confirmation email that the goods are shipped either, which the order confirmation email stated would happen.

I've tried contacting Matt Gray twice via the email address provided on his website and on the tracking app (both suggest the same email) but the email address is out of service.

I then tried contacting him via his facebook fan/business page, but no response either. Looking at his profile though, it doesn't seem he's posted much for a few months.

Does anyone know whether he's still actively trading on his website/making music or has anyone else had this experience too?

The record was a Christmas present for my boyfriend so I was really hoping to receive the goods.

Also, records aside, I'm hoping Matt Gray's alright in general because it seems like he's gone completely off grid quite suddenly since releasing Reformation 5!

Thanks in advance for any help .
Old 18 November 2023, 10:02   #2
Fiery Phoenix

Few comments saying the same on the Facebook page from 5 weeks ago

Given that he is on Reformation 5 and previously delivered on the others, does seem a bit strange about the non delivery of recent items, especially with no updates.

Hoping all ok
Old 18 November 2023, 11:25   #3
DisasterIncarna

if you read his Reformation5 updates on kickstarter you will see various updates that show "Progress is slow" due to irl/work related activity sucking up most of his time.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-remakes/posts
Old 18 November 2023, 16:53   #4
Fiery Phoenix

I think the poster wasn't talking about Reformation 5 but an actual order made that there has been no update on. Facebook posts show same problems with orders not delivered and no updates

Comments on the Kickstarter expressing concern as well as no updates on Reformation 5
Old 18 November 2023, 17:44   #5
DisasterIncarna

yeah i just meant if he mentioned progress is slow due to irl/work on reformation5 then thats gonna roll onto all his projects/backlog of work.
Old 19 November 2023, 00:22   #6
Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlchemyQuinn View Post
Has anyone else had this experience too?

Yes, me .

I ordered the Reformation 3 MP3 & CD bundle in July. After having only received the download link, I asked Matt in August, when the CD will be shipped. He answered that he will sort this out for me in the next few days - and went silent.

I reminded him of my inquiry 11 days later, but never received another answer or my CD.

Send me a message if I should forward his email adress (...@sky.com) to you.
Old 19 November 2023, 11:45   #7
AlchemyQuinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Yes, me .

Quote:
Yes, me .

Oh wow, this doesn't fill me with much hope of receiving that record anytime soon, if it all. Sorry to hear you've been waiting for so long!

If it's the same '... 70@sky.com' email address that is mentioned as a contact on the 6581 Records website, that's the one I've tried but is now inactive .

I understand that the Reformation projects aren't his main job and that life can be manic, but if he doesn't have the time to facilitate website orders whilst working on Reformation 5 then he should close the website until he has the time to do so rather than delete his email address, ignore messages and not provide goods paid for.

Fingers crossed whatever difficulties he's dealing with calm down soon though and we'll receive our orders one day!
Old 19 November 2023, 12:01   #8
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Yes he's still around but he's late on Physical deliveries. I bought the ReFourmation Triple Vinyl + CD tier in 2021 but still not shipping yet..I have faith. I backed the other 3 campaigns and they delivered.
Old 19 November 2023, 12:58   #9
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Over and over again: communication is the key. When they will understand this?
Old 20 November 2023, 07:00   #10
Gerry

Quote:
If it's the same '... 70@sky.com' email address that is mentioned as a contact on the 6581 Records website, that's the one I've tried but is now inactive .

Yes it is. I sent another reminder yesterday and the email didn't bounce so I guess with inactive you didn't mean deleted.
Old 21 November 2023, 21:39   #11
AlchemyQuinn

Quote:
Yes it is. I sent another reminder yesterday and the email didn't bounce so I guess with inactive you didn't mean deleted.
Yeah the email messages I kept receiving was that ayer multiple attempts the email server I was trying to contact couldn't be reached, so assumed it was inactive rather than deleted. I've tried emailing again, so fingers crossed for more like this time round!
Old 21 November 2023, 21:41   #12
AlchemyQuinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Yes he's still around but he's late on Physical deliveries. I bought the ReFourmation Triple Vinyl + CD tier in 2021 but still not shipping yet..I have faith. I backed the other 3 campaigns and they delivered.
Blimey, you certainly have a lot of patience! That's good news the others have come through OK though. Keeping everything crossed you receive your Reformation Triple Vinyl soon too .
Old 24 November 2023, 17:39   #13
DisasterIncarna

he made a recent update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...5?ref=activity

he mentions...

Quote:
It's a big call on the future. I could be losing out on a lot of income down the line, but my reasoning is, I need some of that income now, not in 10 years. And I can see no other possible way forward. I've tried to find work in my professional area of music and audio but there's nothing out there. Everyone in the gaming industry wants people who've worked on other AAA titles. And whilst Last Ninja 2 was one of the original triple As, it was a long time ago in many employers eyes.
Looks utterly bizarre to me to see 1 of our legends of music having difficulty finding jobs....in music for games.
Old 24 November 2023, 21:58   #14
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

He could talk to some of his contemporaries who are now AAA title musicians, Alistair Brimble, Tim Wright, Chris Huelsbeck, Matthias Steinwachs etc. and I am sure they would give him contacts.

He needs another breakthough game to get him back in. I thought the soundtrack for Ninja Shodown was great but it wasn't AAA and it was 6 years ago now.
Old 24 November 2023, 22:01   #15
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Blimey, you certainly have a lot of patience! That's good news the others have come through OK though. Keeping everything crossed you receive your Reformation Triple Vinyl soon too .
The digital downloads were made available on time but the Physical Release has just been delayed and delayed. It says Q4 2023 now on the website.
Old 27 November 2023, 09:54   #16
Turrican_3
C= and Amiga aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
He could talk to some of his contemporaries who are now AAA title musicians, Alistair Brimble, Tim Wright, Chris Huelsbeck, Matthias Steinwachs etc. and I am sure they would give him contacts.
[OT]

As much as I love Chris Huelsbeck's stuff (and my nickname surely might suggest how much I do! ) I don't really think he's a AAA musician any more, and hasn't been for a very good while unfortunately... lots of mobile stuff, sure, but I wouldn't call those very high profile projects.

I miss his golden years (Amiga/C64 era if you ask me) music.
Old 27 November 2023, 10:07   #17
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican_3 View Post
[OT]

As much as I love Chris Huelsbeck's stuff (and my nickname surely might suggest how much I do! ) I don't really think he's a AAA musician any more, and hasn't been for a very good while unfortunately... lots of mobile stuff, sure, but I wouldn't call those very high profile projects.

I miss his golden years (Amiga/C64 era if you ask me) music.
Chris just posted his latest project he worked on as a musician today: https://www.facebook.com/chris.huelsbeck
Not quite the same as his game music.
Old 27 November 2023, 12:14   #18
Turrican_3
C= and Amiga aficionado!

Can't see any content (except the brief bio) due to currently not having a FB account.

Could you share the news in a briefly fashion please? I was hoping to see the news cross-posted on Twitter as well but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Old 27 November 2023, 12:15   #19
Fiery Phoenix

I do not know, but would guess maybe not struggling just yet if he has a credit in Cher's mega hit Believe....must have bought some half decent royalties in.
Old 27 November 2023, 12:21   #20
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican_3 View Post
Can't see any content (except the brief bio) due to currently not having a FB account.
"Just to let ya all know, I recently composed this trailer music! ?"

[ Show youtube player ]