English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 16 May 2015, 11:54   #361
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
I need the final background gfx and baddies too. Now their palette doesn't match
Is there any demo yet? Does it run at 50fps with the current graphics, wrong palette or not? Have you got a sprite background in or no tests with that?

It still seems like you're trying to run before you can walk. Not long ago it sounded like you were going to see if you could get this stuff running, now you suddenly need graphics? You could test the game with coloured blobs running around without requiring the final graphics. So what exactly is working so far?
Old 16 May 2015, 12:05   #362
Konrad

Funny, that was my thought which I already had written down, but didn't send in the end .

We've seen alot of graphics, lots of discussion from a programmer's view, but no single moving pixel. As surely I'm not the only one to doubt the outcome of this progress, it surely would be a motivation for the contributors (especially nobody), that you're getting somehere with his graphics.

Also, you should make a final(!) and clear decision regaring colors, palettes, sprite positioning, what your general requirements for the graphics are. This will probably make it easier to find more contributors.
Old 16 May 2015, 12:26   #363
nobody

For the moment the project seems a mess. Don't know if 16 or 32 colors and not enough people contributing. Only experiment with graphics and that takes some time it took me a day to rip these sprites and one more day to make palettes and remap them.
Old 16 May 2015, 12:32   #364
sandruzzo

First, I'm doing it in my spare time, second whitout gfx how can see if all work well or not? Third i've uploaded all that I have, code gfx and all.

I think we're going for 32 color: first 16 for background and the other for baddies and rygae's wich for now it will be HW sprite.

Running? Walking? We're doing this like a turtle, come on..
Old 16 May 2015, 12:36   #365
Vot

The people who aren't actually contributing need to keep the advice constructive and useful and keep the opinion to a minimum. He can write the thing any way he wants (even if you consider they way he is doing it is not the right way). His time, his project, his choice.
Old 16 May 2015, 12:38   #366
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot View Post
The people who aren't actually contributing need to keep the advice constructive and useful and keep the opinion to a minimum. He can write the thing any way he wants (even if you consider they way he is doing it is not the right way). His time, his project, his choice.
Amen
Old 16 May 2015, 12:43   #367
Konrad

@Vot: Where is my advice anything else than constructive ? And we are on page 19 with my first post in this thread, so I think the advice is indeed on a minimum.
Old 16 May 2015, 12:47   #368
nobody

Sure but why demand graphics and maps without having the tools to do it then? All game making requires some tools. I am not saying the coder to write tools but to suggest existing map making tools that output a file that can be used for the game.

Here are my suggestions before the project stall:

If anyone wants to help use Paintshop pro for PC to grab screenshots, cut, copy, paste etc. Output the file to png. Then fire up Personal Paint on Amiga, load a file with the palette, go on menu and save palette ("color-palette-save") to something like "rygar_pal". Load the sprites, screenshots whatever and then "palette-load palette" rygar_pal. Press Alt+N to remap to the palette loaded. Save to LBM then name "whatever.iff"

I am going to adjust the palette again and upload it with 16-31 colors for sprites.
Old 16 May 2015, 12:50   #369
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Sure but why demand graphics and maps without having the tools to do it then? All game making requires some tools. I am not saying the coder to write tools but to suggest existing map making tools that output a file that can be used for the game.

Here are my suggestions before the project stall:

If anyone wants to help use Paintshop pro for PC to grab screenshots, cut, copy, paste etc. Output the file to png. Then fire up Personal Paint on Amiga, load a file with the palette, go on menu and save palette to something like "rygar_pal". Load the sprites, screenshots whatever and the "palette-load palette" rygar_pal. Press Alt+N to remap to the palette loaded. Save to LBM then name "whatever.iff"

I am going to adjust the palette again and upload it with 16-31 colors for sprites.

Mate, Codetapper, is helping us with his tools to do background maps. It' work well.

Thanks to all of us! We are here to have fun, and do what we can do.
Old 16 May 2015, 13:02   #370
nobody

there you are in the zone. The palette.iff file with the palette and sprites.iff with the correct palette.
If anyone wants to help just do what i write in the previous post, load the palette.iff in PPaint, save the palette then load whatever graphics you have in png, reduce to 32 colors and load the palette (color-palette-load) then remap with Alt+N, save the file to "file.iff".

If some details missing to graphics they have to be remaped with paintshop pro before loading to PPaint.
Old 16 May 2015, 13:10   #371
sandruzzo

Quote:
there you are in the zone. The palette.iff file with the palette and sprites.iff with the correct palette.
If anyone wants to help just do what i write in the previous post, load the palette.iff in PPaint, save the palette then load whatever graphics you have in png, reduce to 32 colors and load the palette (color-palette-load) then remap with Alt+N, save the file to "file.iff".

If some details missing to graphics they have to be remaped with paintshop pro before loading to PPaint.
NoBody I need a little bit works on sprites. Each frames must be aligned to 16pixel, otherwise when I draw on of them I ended up to pick up some pieces of other frames..

And I need left and right frame for all buddies.
Old 16 May 2015, 13:12   #372
nobody

Uploaded a file with the map using the palette. Just a quick remap with PPaint.
Old 16 May 2015, 13:19   #373
sandruzzo

Quote:
Uploaded a file with the map using the palette. Just a quick remap with PPaint.
Ok. About rygar, can you do like you did before, since for now it's HW sprite. Each frame separated and centered.

For baddies:

StartPosition, BaddiesFrames(aligned to 16px, if 0 ok), pixel void ,BaddiesFrames(aligned to 16px), and on...

Last edited by sandruzzo; 16 May 2015 at 16:52.
Old 17 May 2015, 08:09   #374
Vot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad View Post
@Vot: Where is my advice anything else than constructive ? And we are on page 19 with my first post in this thread, so I think the advice is indeed on a minimum.

Don't take it personally. I didn't have anyones specific comments in mind. I cant't remember who said what. I would have to go back and reread who said what.
Old 17 May 2015, 08:25   #375
sandruzzo

Vot.

Each voice must talk, every tipis ok, maybe we can learn from them. So let's do this all togheter
Old 17 May 2015, 10:43   #376
Codetapper

Rygar level 1 version 3 in the zone with a few changes:
  1. Colour 0 is set to $ff00ff (fuchsia/purple) to distinguish it from the identical colour 16
  2. The sky has been remapped to colour 0, otherwise a background sprite layer would never be visible through the gaps

I expect to see some kind of demo/video before I convert any other levels (assuming somebody else rips them, as I have only ever ripped level 1 perfectly). If you can show me a demo of the game progressing then I will clean up the map creator so that anybody can use it and do the conversion. At the moment there's a few hardcoded hacks in it due to the duplicate colours in the palette where my tool eliminates duplicate colours.
Old 17 May 2015, 11:52   #377
sandruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper View Post
Rygar level 1 version 3 in the zone with a few changes:
  1. Colour 0 is set to $ff00ff (fuchsia/purple) to distinguish it from the identical colour 16
  2. The sky has been remapped to colour 0, otherwise a background sprite layer would never be visible through the gaps

I expect to see some kind of demo/video before I convert any other levels (assuming somebody else rips them, as I have only ever ripped level 1 perfectly). If you can show me a demo of the game progressing then I will clean up the map creator so that anybody can use it and do the conversion. At the moment there's a few hardcoded hacks in it due to the duplicate colours in the palette where my tool eliminates duplicate colours.
Before doing the other levels, I'm the first to tell that we have to finish level1. Thanks for help

My code is shared, it's there..

Now I need only the baddies sheet well mapped to be blitter frendly, and rygar sprite too.

Last edited by TCD; 18 May 2015 at 15:31. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 17 May 2015, 12:02   #378
nobody

Updated the sprites with the new palette in the zone.
Old 17 May 2015, 12:03   #379
Codetapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandruzzo View Post
Before doing the other levels, I'm the first to tell that we have to finish level1. Thanks for help

My code is shared, it's there..
Something people can run, not have to manually assemble... Can't you just upload an ADF or something?
Old 17 May 2015, 12:43   #380
nobody

Uploaded the main sprite frames to the zone with the new palette. Now lets see something working with all these graphics.