English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 05 January 2008, 12:50   #1
liveevil
Custom User Title

Help with verifying WHDLoad packs

Hi, a newbie to the Gamebase Amiga Project and I must say it's an amazing job but I've got a few niggles. I've downloaded all the new #-Z WHDLoad packs from KG's main news page, extracted the packs to the correct Extras/WHDLoad location (left the actual games zipped), then I downloaded the 'WHDLoad Fills (Complete v1.5)' and extracted them to the same folder. Now this is all getting confusing, in Gamebase Amiga at the bottom where the filters are I have a 'WHD Load Install = Yes (2272)' and I also have 'Playable WHDLoad (2177)'. Now even more confusing I ran the 'Move WHDLoad v1.5' batch file in the correct directory and in the folder it made I have 2151 zips (out of about 2506). How comes these numbers do not mach to the Gambase result?

Another niggle, if I use the ClrMame dat file on KG's page 'Commodore Amiga - Games - WHDLoad (KGWHD-v2007-12-20)' it tries to rename 'AigleDOr_v1.1_Fr_' to 'AigleDOr_v1.1_Fr_2600' (which wouldn't work in gamebase), 'KingOfChicago_v1.0' to 'ComputerScrabble_v1.1' !!!, 'LeisureSuitLarryEnhanced_v1.1' to 'SpaceQuest4_v1.1_1177' !!!!! etc.. How do I get a correct set ?

Lastly, will there be a games update (v1.4.3 to v1.5; Shrunk Edition.7zip) on the miscellaneous Gamebase Amiga page ??

Thanks to all the great work and I hope you can answer these questions.
Old 05 January 2008, 13:34   #2
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Lastly, will there be a games update (v1.4.3 to v1.5; Shrunk Edition.7zip) on the miscellaneous Gamebase Amiga page ??
Yes, in fact it should be online by Sunday night.

I'll look into the WHDLoad question (or more likely bug Belgarath about it) and report back.
Old 05 January 2008, 16:15   #3
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I'll soon be changing my dat to solid-zips instead of reading the files inside the zips.

My dat is only really meant for keeping track of which games you have, not to rebuild sets.

WHDLoad games really don't lend themselves well to DATs.
Old 05 January 2008, 16:56   #4
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Ok first of all the WHDLoad Install=Yes doesnt actually refer to whether a gamebase game has a whdload attached to it. that's just general information telling you if the game has an whd install for it at all.

Not all of them are in GameBase because either KG hasn't installed it himself yet or it doesn't work with GameBase (usally because of filename problems).

Playable WHDLoad refers to how many entries have a WHDLoad with it, but it differs slightly from the amount of zips because some entries share the same install.

so 2151 zips is about right
Old 05 January 2008, 17:54   #5
liveevil
Custom User Title

Thanks.
Old 06 January 2008, 00:19   #6
eLowar
Citizen of Elthesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLowar View Post
Yes, in fact it should be online by Sunday night.
We're ahead of schedule for a change, it's online now.