English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 15 June 2020, 01:34   #581
zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Review from their website and more unhappy customers. This time it key colour and no documentation to rig up the Gotek and no spare keys included. This isn't looking good...

I wouldn’t rely on a single reviewer. There are millions of trolls out there.
Old 24 June 2020, 17:47   #582
Hercules
Beer monster

So I telephone them today... . Twice Ive had the phone slammed down on me today. Never rude to them, just wanted answers.Seems their telephone shy. Lol, but I am not one for giving up nor to be lied to when promises are not kept.

When I ask them about them promising me of the keyboard being one month from shipment (that was back in August !) they waffle on about the delays about the corona virus. When I mention back in August last year their was NO corona virus (which at the time I was told my shipment was one month away), they then ONCE AGAIN still give no apology but promise my order to be month away again. Didn't you say that back in August of last year? Lol. It almost like telesales reading from a script

So I quote this paragraph over the phone to them over the phone which they wrote on their blog.

"It has been brought to our attention by some of our customers that we're being viewed as unprofessional in the way we've handled this project. We can't refute that sentiment when we place our selves out side looking in".

I then ask why I am given broken promises back in August that the order is one month away from shipment, which never materializes, and why no emails are returned and what they are doing to put it right and why they don't honor the quote from their blog. Just told it will be another month and the phone gets slammed down. No apology or explanation of unanswered emails whatsoever. I must of hit a nerve. Lol.

Terrible customer service. Worst I've encountered from any Amiga company, as well as broken promises, no apolgies and hanging the phone up. I'm afraid their going to be receiving a telephone call every week now until their bad customer service and attitude are sorted out.

Last edited by Hercules; 24 June 2020 at 18:21.
Old 24 June 2020, 23:13   #583
Hercules
Beer monster

* Bump * Post up your feedback with regard to your dealings with AOTL as we are still building an overall picture on the process of the orders. Will continue to feedback here where I can.

Last edited by Hercules; 24 June 2020 at 23:18.
Old 25 June 2020, 00:52   #584
kipper2k

Please read this and also the link on the gotek.

http://www.kipper2k.com/a500controll...ontroller.html

Last edited by kipper2k; 25 June 2020 at 01:02.
Old 29 June 2020, 23:51   #585
Hiddenevil

Hey

Came here as I was curious about Kippers cherry keyboards. I haven't gone through all 30 pages of the thread, but the last two pages don't sound promising.

Are these keyboards a lost cause? If someone could fill me in, that would be really appreciated.
Old 30 June 2020, 00:53   #586
Gryfon

I’ve followed this for a while now. As far as I can tell and this is just reading between the lines, from the bits and pieces here and elsewhere, it seems Amiga on the Lake underestimated the amount of time it would take to build these boards. People who managed to get an order in before they took the option offline are slowly receiving their keyboards and some have posted having received them and the final products are working. People have asked if they could be sent the boards in kit form to build themselves, but so far aside from the odd one here and there being reported as arrived no further news has been forthcoming as far as I know. Still after all this time I hope they fulfil the orders and do another run. Expensive as they are I would still like to buy one.
Old 30 June 2020, 01:02   #587
Hiddenevil

Well the first post was in October 2018, so I guess peoples attitudes are understandable now in 2020. If your going to sell a product, make sure your business model meets supply and demand. I left off ordering to see how it panned out, I'm kind of glad I did now, which still doesn't mean I'm happy. I've more than a couple of systems that could use a new keyboard.
Old 30 June 2020, 01:42   #588
kipper2k

the issue is the delivery time. AOTL bit off more than they could chew when taking pre orders. This has fuelled a lot of anger hence the bad feedback. The Keyboard itself has no issues. If you want a keyboad then i suggest trying to get a solid answer on delivery date. You could also have the option to preorder and not pay until you get a notice that your KB is ready for shipment.
Old 30 June 2020, 06:04   #589
SpocksBeer

Well, yes and no. The anger is fuelled, IMO, by the repeated and unnecessary commitments AOTL make, and then fail to deliver on. Done by Christmas 2018! Update in June! All pre-orders shipped by May! Etc.

It'd be nice to know things like: how many pre-orders there were, how many have shipped, how long does each keyboard take to build, and why can't i get this as a kit. AOTL have had the opportunity to comment on things like this, but instead remain vague and hand-wavey about the problems they've encountered. The brand damage and internet rage is largely self-inflicted at this point.
Old 30 June 2020, 20:26   #590
kipper2k

I agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBeer View Post
Well, yes and no. The anger is fuelled, IMO, by the repeated and unnecessary commitments AOTL make, and then fail to deliver on. Done by Christmas 2018! Update in June! All pre-orders shipped by May! Etc.

It'd be nice to know things like: how many pre-orders there were, how many have shipped, how long does each keyboard take to build, and why can't i get this as a kit. AOTL have had the opportunity to comment on things like this, but instead remain vague and hand-wavey about the problems they've encountered. The brand damage and internet rage is largely self-inflicted at this point.
Old Yesterday, 02:54   #591
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Is there absolutely no way that these keyboards could be obtained via another Amiga retailer in addition to AOTL? At this rate it could be another couple of years by the time those who haven’t ordered yet are able to get their mits on these.
Old Yesterday, 11:46   #592
Hercules
Beer monster

Big grin

and so do the complaints continue to grow as we enter our 5th year !

Last edited by Hercules; Yesterday at 11:53.
Old Yesterday, 17:54   #593
Zippy Zapp

Quote:
wouldn’t rely on a single reviewer. There are millions of trolls out there.
That review in particular is not really a review, more like a complaint. Why complain about the price when you knew ahead of time how much you had to pay before you ordered it?
Unpopulated stuff on PCB? Most devices do have unpopulated stuff on the PCB including every Amiga and Commodore 8-bit ever made.
Calling AOTL names and telling others to avoid them because of 1 problem product rollout is hardly fair considering that every other order people have placed have been fulfilled. I have ordered many things since they opened and always get them within 3-4 days.

I understand the frustrations over this keyboard taking so long to produce, but things happen and in this niche market this is pretty common. This isn't being assembled by a manufacturing plant but by 1 or 2 dudes in their free time since they probably also have full time jobs like everyone else in this space does.

I have waited years for certain hardware products to come out after paying, which is why I don't pre-order anymore. When they have it for sale and in stock I buy one.

Quote:
Is there absolutely no way that these keyboards could be obtained via another Amiga retailer in addition to AOTL? At this rate it could be another couple of years by the time those who haven’t ordered yet are able to get their mits on these.
That's a good idea and there are other Amiga stores in the USA + AmigaKit in the UK and others. I think the problem is, though, that these are very time consuming to assemble and most of the Amiga stores are run by people that also have full time jobs. Another option would be to get some prices on having the PCB made and assembled, but then that is probably too expensive and would raise the price and may not be possible with the board layout.

Last edited by Zippy Zapp; Yesterday at 18:03.