English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 29 May 2002, 00:27   #1
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Question Need program that allows the Amiga to boot from DF1:

I don't know if it's OK to ask for this sort of thing in here, but you guys seem to be in the know, so..
An old friend of mine used to use this program all the time, because his internal drive couldn't read the last sectors of disks properly anymore. Basically it was sort of a boot disk that went in the internal drive, and after a few seconds it would allow you to boot from DF1:

I need this for my A500, it's acting up! (and i have this really nice Cumana external drive :-)

Do you know?

I can go to Aminet and take a look, but it will help if someone can tell me what i am looking for :-)

Thanks,

(where did my sig go.. it had my name in it!)
Old 29 May 2002, 00:33   #2
RetroMan

What Kickstart does your A500 have ?? With Kick 2.0 and above you can use the Early Startup Menu (hold both Mousebuttons while booting) to set DF1: as boot device
Old 29 May 2002, 00:36   #3
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Floppy disk

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately it has Kickstart 1.3.

I've just been browsing Aminet.. >Phew<, that was confusing!
Old 29 May 2002, 00:47   #4
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Need program that allows the Amiga to boot from DF1:

Quote:
Originally posted by Sune Salminen
Thanks,

(where did my sig go.. it had my name in it!)
English Amiga Board RULES

Beyond that, when you Preview Post, it displays your User CP sig in the preview, but if you have them flagged off, you will not see it after your reply has been submitted.
Old 29 May 2002, 00:56   #5
RetroMan

Well, i know the program you´re searching for ! I used this one YEARS ago with my first A500 .... but I really cannot remember the name I will go through my Disk Collection, maybe that Disk survived all the years and I still got it .... could take a while
Old 29 May 2002, 01:18   #6
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Thumbs up Thanks!!

You're the man!

This A500 really came alive today after years and years of Sensible Soccer sessions in our rehearsal room (it was the only game we had for it). I just got the Amiga Explorer from Cloanto and a serial cable today, and so i dug out all my old Oktalyzer music disks from 10 years ago... they have now been transfered to a "safer" place ;-)) Now i can make MP3's, playing them in WinUAE.
I have also been making real disks out of ADF's of Nebulus and a handful of other classics so i can play them on the real thing. Great stuff!

I only have two problems - the internal drive seems erratic sometimes (thanks for your help, i hope you can find the disk), and i think i might have a virus on some of my old disks, i suspect it lives in the "Disk Validator" and copies itself - the disks keep getting corrupted and giving checksum errors. I am cleaning them out by replacing Disk Validator from a Write-Protected copy of my Workbench disk.

Blah blah. . . Thanks for the heads up!!
Old 29 May 2002, 01:44   #7
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Stick out tongue Re: Re: Need program that allows the Amiga to boot from DF1:

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost

English Amiga Board RULES

Beyond that, when you Preview Post, it displays your User CP sig in the preview, but if you have them flagged off, you will not see it after your reply has been submitted.
Thanks - got it sorted, as you can see!
Old 29 May 2002, 11:42   #8
RCK
Administrator

No, we don't have to see it, everyone can choose to see or not see other's signatures, and majority of board members prefer to not display them.
Old 29 May 2002, 18:04   #9
Sune Salminen
Dinamáquina

Quote:
Originally posted by RCK
No, we don't have to see it, everyone can choose to see or not see other's signatures, and majority of board members prefer to not display them.
I didn't say you_had_to_see it. Just figured that since twistin' ghost uses a sig himself, he could also see mine thats all. I hope my sig isn't bothering you in any way.