English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 04 December 2020, 22:45   #561
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Firstly, I really hope that Wayne is ok?

He's really not having a good year. What happened?

Its really hard to believe but he ended up lacerating his oesophagus on sharp McDonalds fries. Due to his blood thinning medication he had major bleeding and ended up needing transfusions. He did say that he needed to be resucitated during the surgery due to massive blood loss.

Clearly a scary experience for him but thankfully he is home now recovering and hasn't lost his sense of humour. I just hope 2021 is a better year for Wayne and all af us.
Old 04 December 2020, 22:48   #562
DamienD
Banned

There you go boys and girls; another excellent reason to not eat McDonald's junk food

Jokes aside; shite, that's a tough break. You wouldn't even dream that could happen.

Glad to hear that Wayne is recovering

Scary stuff indeed
Old 04 December 2020, 23:00   #563
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
This is quite unbelievable... that's what I call bad luck.
Old 05 December 2020, 00:56   #564
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

Oh dear. :-( Get well soon, Wayne! Sometime life is just ... :-/
Old 05 December 2020, 14:51   #565
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Hello folks.

Have you ever watched Final Destination? That's kinda how my life feels right now HAHAAH...I am keeping a close eye on my toothbrush.

I thought I would stop by and give updates, both Amiga related and Red-Week (as I call it) related.

Red-Week Related:

On Monday, 30th Nov I was having the best day I have had in a very long time. I have recently gone self employed as a picture framer and have finally started getting regular custom and therefore a regular income from my work, the first time since I was made redundant 2 years ago. I had delivered several pieces of work to customers and picked up more jobs too. My partner was also delivering her herbal medicines to her patients and we were hungry, we have very little choice of where to eat...so MacDonalds it was.
I was so hungry I ate it a bit too quickly and it got stuck in my throat, I took a glug of coke and it was agony but it finally moved. Off we drove home and thought nothing more about it.

2 hours later I was coughing up a little blood....and then some more....within minutes it was pretty bad. I am on blood thinners because of my DVT history (documented elsehwere in this thread)...so I had to get to hospital as quickly as possible. My partner wasn't allowed to stay with me because of Covid restrictions and so I sat there alone in A+E slowly feeling worse and worse, the hospital wasn't taking me seriously enough despite my complaints.

The next thing I did was explode. A dark-red explosion from my face that covered everything around me, then I passed out. I woke up to a flurry of emergency people trying to replace the blood I was rapidly losing....I asked the doc if I was going to die and he was as professional as he could be when he said 'we're trying to avoid that'.

They managed to stabilise me a little that night/early morning and I got a couple of hours uneasy sleep. Then it happened again. Blood everywhere. I was rushed into surgery where they hoped to locate and fix whatever was causing the bleeding. This is where I died. It says so in the medical report. I don't remember the next hour or so.
I woke up VERY sore but alive. Fully stabilised but having to stay a couple of days for observations. This is where I was diagnosed with a constricted oesophagus, meaning ANYTHING could have done this to me at any time, get stuck and tear my oesophagus.

Thursday afternoon I was allowed home to rest there and I slept for 15 hours straight.

Today I feel like a new man, it is the most bizarre thing. They gave me 5/6 bags of type-O-neg blood and I hardly had any of my own left in my body at that point.

Also, I swore that if I ever got out of this alive the first thing I would do would be to propose to my girlfriend, Veda, who is nothing short of a miracle. So I did and she said yes.

I felt the need to write it down somewhere in detail for the future...so here we are.

Thanks for the messages of support!!
They are most welcome indeed.

Now.

Amiga related stuffs:

I was in the middle of making a video update for people about the game when all of this struck. I am getting around to working on that further in the next few days and can't wait to show off some of the stuff I have been keeping secret for so long.

I hope you all enjoy it when it eventually lands.

Wow. What a roller-coaster of a development hahaha...

Until next time!
Stay safe, and CHEW YOUR FOOD!

Last edited by CaptainNow; 05 December 2020 at 15:06.
Old 05 December 2020, 23:48   #566
nikosidis

LordNipple: Take care of yourself man! The shit your been through is almost unbearable. Try to eat healthy and look forward. We all love you!
Old 06 December 2020, 04:59   #567
ItsTheSmell

That'll teach ya to not chew! Congratulations on your engagement its good to hear some positivity in the new crazy world. Any idea when the SOTU Cases will arrive? They said near Christmas but I've yet to hear anything.
Old 06 December 2020, 05:47   #568
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Ok. I just googled dvt. Sounds horrible. How on earth did your oesophagus get restricted? Dvt or medicine related?
Anyway most importantly your feeling better. Take it easy for a bit. The Amiga will still be here waiting.
Old 06 December 2020, 12:44   #569
vulture

@LordNipple

Man, just take care of yourself the best you can and put everything else a distant second. Best of wishes from me for your health and your upcoming wedding. Cheers!
Old 08 December 2020, 07:56   #570
spacey

good lord - how utterly awful good to hear you're improving now, and congrats on the engagement!
Old 08 December 2020, 15:41   #571
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thank you all for the support and kind words

Here's that update video I promised you

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 December 2020, 15:51   #572
Alpha One

This looks really amazing !!

But more important, good to read that you are back alive after that horrible happening. For someone like me who already passes out when seeing a single drop of blood in real life I really got nightmares after reading your story.

Wish you the best !

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordNipple View Post

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 December 2020, 15:53   #573
DamienD
Banned

Yup. looks absolutely amazing Wayne

Two small things:

1) When the bomb goes off I sort of expected a larger explosion.
2) How long are the passwords, but I guess they need to be in order to take into consideration your lives, money and weapons etc?

Last edited by DamienD; 08 December 2020 at 16:09.
Old 08 December 2020, 16:15   #574
DamienD
Banned

Oh, just as suggestion if possible.

When you hit an enemy they go white. It's a little full on IMHO.

Could this be set to say 70% white opacity, as I think this would look a lot better
Old 08 December 2020, 16:20   #575
AmyMor

Thumbs up

Quote:

[ Show youtube player ]

Heartfelt congratulations !!!
Your title reminded me a lot of Vulcan's FINAL ODYSSEY crossed with GODS, I hope you don't mind.:grande
Old 08 December 2020, 17:09   #576
d4rk3lf

Looks like the work of very dedicated team, with many skilled people and lot's of experience.
Amazing job guys.
Old 08 December 2020, 17:22   #577
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
What did I see? Can I believe?
That what I saw that night was real and not just fantasy?

(Iron Maiden)

Excellent!
Old 08 December 2020, 17:23   #578
vulture

What Predseda said!
Old 08 December 2020, 17:25   #579
CaptainNow
Eleventh Hour Games

Thanks for the kind comments and feedback!

I reckon we could set the flash to another colour in the palette that isn't as stark as white, good suggestion, I will run that by Magnus.
I don't know if we can make the explosions bigger? The screen shakes...I will ask to make that more pronouced (and maybe we can squeeze some more explosion sprites in there too )
The passwords contain a LOT of information, I suspect players will use savestates anyways, but for those who enjoy the satisfaction of inputting passwords to their game I think they'll like this
Old 08 December 2020, 18:00   #580
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
I reckon we could set the flash to another colour in the palette that isn't as stark as white, good suggestion, I will run that by Magnus.
Just a suggestion my friend, currently it covers your nice graphics art. This is why I say 70% white opacity or something would look great

Quote:
but for those who enjoy the satisfaction of inputting passwords to their game I think they'll like this
Yeah, the masochists amongst us

Totally understand why they are so long though. I think Gods is the same.