English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 July 2011, 23:24   #1
Maren
Banned

Demo "With Vectors to Heaven" won't finish

This demo called "With Vectors to Heaven" by WFMH suddenly resets right after reaching the screen displayed above. It happens with the latest 2.3.3 beta as well and disabling CE doesn't help whatsoever.

Default Quickstart profile + CE was used for recording the savestate and I can at least confirm this demo "plays back" correctly till the very end on my real, stock A500.

Tested with WFMH-WithVectorsToHeaven.adf (CRC32:4C3CF485)

Get the savestate here

Regards.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.1 KB, 425 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (26.5 KB, 119 views)
Old 21 July 2011, 11:54   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Try using ECS Agnus. (Do you have ECS Agnus in your real A500?)
Old 21 July 2011, 15:14   #3
Maren
Banned

That's the interesting part, it's a regular OCS-powered A500.
Old 22 July 2011, 03:37   #4
Photon

World Federation of Mad Hackers

That part works fine with latest stable here, default quickstart config (=no cycle exact)

I'm now at the spaceships part... yep, ran fine all the way till end logo, mouseclick, reset, boots again.
Old 22 July 2011, 19:09   #5
Maren
Banned

Hmmm. Did you change it to ECS as Toni suggested? it sure works with ECS but no luck with OCS over here.
Old 22 July 2011, 19:23   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

You really really sure it has OCS Agnus (8371)?

I don't see how this demo can work without at least 1M chip capable Agnus (No need to have 1M of chip, just Agnus that can address more than 512K)

(Can't do real Amiga tests until next week or so)
Old 22 July 2011, 19:38   #7
Maren
Banned

I bought this as a perfectly sealed, stock A500 model back when it came out, I never expanded it and I don't remember any application/demo/game whatever that's been able to detect more than plain OCS in the past. That's as sure as I can be, but you know your stuff so I guess I'll have to roll with it and consider the possibility of this particular A500 having something more going on for it
Old 22 July 2011, 20:27   #8
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maren View Post
Hmmm. Did you change it to ECS as Toni suggested? it sure works with ECS but no luck with OCS over here.
Default Quickstart config all the way. On my Quickstart screen it says ECS Agnus, it doesn't on yours?

About A500, some late revisions could be modified to have chip expansion ram, so they would have the ECS Agnus - nothing special about that, there were lots of them at least in UK, Norway, Sweden.

Could you check with this disk image?

Just tested and this one works with Default Quickstart config+Cycle Exact mode.
Old 28 July 2011, 00:21   #9
Maren
Banned

@Toni: I don't see 8371 written anywhere on the case/sticker, but I've never really completely opened this particular machine out of fear I could damage the circuitry or something. I guess at this point it's looking like it could be a different model, which would be interesting considering I don't quite remember ever being able to run ECS stuff

@Photon: yep, I had already tried the .dms version and no luck either. However, ECS is not the default Quickstart setting as far as I know. You probably set it manually at some point and forgot about the change.
Old 28 July 2011, 02:19   #10
Photon

Just re-downloaded WinUAE 2.3.2 (zip version) to another harddisk, made sure the top one, OCS ("most common") Quickstart config was used, and verified that it runs fine past this screen with and without Cycle Exact.

Could be some Amiga-side config setting that is not reset by Quickstart config on my PC, or vice versa on your PC. Had a look but couldn't really find one that could affect it.

If you uninstall and reinstall WinUAE and it still doesn't work, I guess the only difference can be in our PCs (or Host settings), but that's just a guess, Toni is the expert. I think I've proven that the WinUAE 2.3.2 binary can emulate it fine, so there's hope