English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 July 2018, 22:05   #21
ProdigalAmigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
So the audio device only goes away temporarily. This is important discovery!

Does attached winuae version resume (WASAPI) sound automatically? It retries for 5 seconds when device disappears.

If not: attach winuaelog.txt.
Will bring the attached version with me to my parents tomorrow and test it. Strange thing is (also) regarding logging WinUAE doesn't seem to generate any kind of log at all (under Windows 10). Can't find anything in the install directory of WinUAE, nor any file with reference to a log file being written anywhere else....
Old 17 July 2018, 14:12   #22
SyX

Quote:
So the audio device only goes away temporarily. This is important discovery!

Does attached winuae version resume (WASAPI) sound automatically? It retries for 5 seconds when device disappears.

If not: attach winuaelog.txt.
I was away during the weekend and i only could make the tests today.

Ok, the sound doesn't resume and when i go to fullscreen, WinUAE will left me in the desktop. I don't see any meaningful message about sound is disabled in the log.

I made another test, i played a video in vlc while i was testing WinUAE.

And if i set native resolution for fullscreen and 50 Hz PAL refresh rate, after i choose fullscreen in WinUAE, during the seconds that the screen remains in black for setting resolution and refresh rate, VLC will lose sound fully.

But after WinUAE left me in the desktop, vlc will resume the sound.

If i left WinUAE in default resolution (800x600) and 50 HZ PAL refresh rate, vlc will not resume the sound, even if i closed it and try to launch again vlc, vlc simply will not start. I suposse that is because it doesn't find a sound device... then i was going to reset windows for recovering my sound device, but i launched WinUAE again in window mode and the sound returned.

You must love this intel driver bug...
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (15.7 KB, 69 views)
Old 17 July 2018, 14:25   #23
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

This is not same problem, your log does not show any sound related errors, sound driver keeps accepting samples normally (or winuae would have logged it and stopped sound) but for some reason sound does not come from expected output.
Old 17 July 2018, 14:32   #24
ProdigalAmigan

My latest observations now using the WinUAE BETA you provided Toni...

Setting audio to WASAPI and DirectX being used is DirectX9. Audio is enabled on start.
Full Screen display mode. First playing audio it is silent. Then I go to audio settings (F12 out of fullscreen) and set audio as enabled (WinUAE sets it to Emulated but disabled), then when resuming I get full screen and sound.

HOWEVER if I then hit F12 to change some setting the scren goes permanently black on me. Sometimes I can ALT+F4 out of it (and WinUAE entirely) but last test I did I had to restart the NUC forcibly holding the power button in for 5 seconds....

.... strange. very strange this.

Last edited by ProdigalAmigan; 17 July 2018 at 14:32. Reason: Typo...
Old 17 July 2018, 22:59   #25
SyX

Quote:
This is not same problem, your log does not show any sound related errors, sound driver keeps accepting samples normally (or winuae would have logged it and stopped sound) but for some reason sound does not come from expected output.
And Toni, any idea why do WinUAE close itself after trying to go fullscreen without success? I tested too with the new WinUAE release (4.0.1).

Last edited by SyX; 17 July 2018 at 23:04.
Old 21 May 2019, 10:27   #26
ProdigalAmigan

Quote:
I think this was reported once before. Sound device simply reports error with reason "device removed" (as in unplugged on the fly) which makes no sense.

WinUAE will attempt to open it few, without success and finally it switches sound emulation off.
Toni! Installing the latest release version of WinUAE using WASAPI audio works 100%. No more losing sound when in full screen mode. I don't know what changed but I am using it like this for now.

DirectSound still not working.

//ProdigalAmigan
Old 22 May 2019, 17:15   #27
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It probably was some driver or windows update that fixed it.