English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hall Of Light > HOL contributions

Old 09 August 2012, 00:59   #1
Titler
Zone Friend

Contribution: "Trivia Gameshow" Boxscan & Disc

The game is listed here (as "Trivia Game Show"); but on my box as "Trivia Gameshow". I never ever bothered booting it, as it looked positively awful so I don't know what the program itself lists it as!

These are a direct 300p scan from the box and disc as I found them today; There was no manual when I originally found the game as part of a second hand Amiga collection, but the box has slats to hold one. It could be a generic plastic box however, so I don't know if there is a manual to actually be found. Please let me know if these scans are acceptable or you would like me to re-scan the originals.

Front and Spine:

Rear Box:

3.5" Disc:

Old 09 August 2012, 08:57   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Thanks for the contributions.

The disk scan is perfectly fine for HoL.

Edit: Actually, after checking the disk scan on a black background, it seems to be cut a bit too soon at the bottom and on the right.
Could you please rescan it? Don't worry about cropping the image if there is too much blank stuff around the disk itself. We will edit it ourselves. Better have something with too much stuff that we can remove than something with missing parts.

HoL does not store sides of the boxes so if you could do a new scan of the front alone (without the spine), it would be great.
The info is a bit hidden in the text of the FAQ:
http://hol.abime.net/hol_faq.php?section=contributions

Quote:
The front and back of boxes should be scanned but not the sides.
Finally I noticed that the height of the front scan is 530 and the height of the back scan is 630 .
Is a weird shaped box? More probably you did some resizing (to have the 640 width). In which case the new front scan will have a height of 630 I suppose.

Last edited by lilalurl; 09 August 2012 at 09:41.
Old 10 August 2012, 00:18   #3
Titler
Zone Friend

Hi again Lilalurl; I've left the images at scanning resolution so you can scale them down as you wish. The box art is a single continuous piece, with two identical sides front and back, but it's been folded slightly off centre... I've flattened it as best I can and done a scan up to where the artwork fold on the spine probably should be.

The zip of all 3 new images can be found here, and in the Zone;

http://www..com/?i6e9f5uk7vbtwsr

Let me know if they can be tweaked more for you!
Old 10 August 2012, 08:53   #4
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Thank you again
I will try to check those tonight.

Btw, if you have other contributions to make in the future, you can use the FTP (everything needed is listed on the FAQ: http://hol.abime.net/hol_faq.php?section=contributions ), create a folder with your name and uploading the scans there.
This way you won't have to bother with free online hosters (as you never know when some files can go down).