English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 19 April 2018, 17:08   #2021
pgovotsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Haven't you leeched everything already with 882.14GB downloaded? You're constantly at the top of each list
Almost Over time downloading the whole thing. Also have uploaded a few hundred GB, not that that makes a difference. Should drop back down that list soon.
Old 19 April 2018, 17:12   #2022
pgovotsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
I really don't want to give anything for donations except a better and more stable service as donating should be totally voluntary =)
Makes perfect sense.

BTW the new server and internet connection really sizzle. Downloads are 6+ times faster than previous. It's fast enough to saturate the down speed of my connection. The hops between you and the US must be pretty fast too to do that.
Old 19 April 2018, 22:31   #2023
volvo_0ne

Do we now have to sign in ?

I keep getting a username/password prompt.

That never happened before.
Old 19 April 2018, 22:31   #2024
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
Makes perfect sense.

BTW the new server and internet connection really sizzle. Downloads are 6+ times faster than previous. It's fast enough to saturate the down speed of my connection. The hops between you and the US must be pretty fast too to do that.
That must be the new internet connection/firewall/switches/network cables. I have not yet moved over to the new server, so it should be even faster once I get my new raid controller as we are now bottle necked by the disk speed and a gigabit network card. =)

Glad to hear either way. That means this investment was not for nothing.

Last edited by Turran; 19 April 2018 at 22:39.
Old 19 April 2018, 22:33   #2025
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo_0ne View Post
Do we now have to sign in ?

I keep getting a username/password prompt.

That never happened before.
Nothing have changed. You can log on with the username "ftp" and any password, but that will lock you to 50kb/sec download speeds and one single connection at a time. There is also a maximum limit of 20 concurrent connections from users logging on with the "ftp" account name. That might be what you are experiencing now as there are 20 online at this very moment.

You can create your own account though, if you have more than 50 posts here and the last one is no older than 5 days. Both of which you qualify for, so hop on over to https://grandis.nu/eabadduser and register your own account to log in with. That will give you access to your own upload folder in ~Uploads (just create a folder with your exact username), unlimited download speeds, 2 connections at a time. You can download 50GB/week using that account.
Old 19 April 2018, 22:38   #2026
volvo_0ne

Quote:
Nothing have changed. You can log on with the username "ftp" and any password, but that will lock you to 50kb/sec download speeds and one single connection at a time.

You can create your own account though, if you have more than 50 posts here and the last one is no older than 5 days. Both of which you qualify for, so hop on over to https://grandis.nu/eabadduser and register your own account to log in with. That will give you access to your own upload folder in ~Uploads (just create a folder with your exact username), unlimited download speeds, 2 connections at a time. You can download 50GB/week using that account.
I just tried "ftp" and "password" (as the password) but it keeps looping back to the requester?
Old 19 April 2018, 22:41   #2027
volvo_0ne

NP I'll try again later.

Thanks for looking
Old 20 April 2018, 11:01   #2028
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo_0ne View Post
NP I'll try again later.

Thanks for looking
Why not just register your own FTP account? You're qualified for one.
Old 12 May 2018, 15:26   #2029
Turran

Been a while since my last status update on the new FTP server. I thought I had everything ready for it but I was missing a SAS -> SATA cable for the Areca raid card I bought for it.

Took a while to get that but its installed now and the final raid array is rebuilding now. I did have the server running in "degraded" mode for a while (one disk missing since I was missing the last cable) but I did not want to flip the switch on the EAB FTP until it was 100% ready.

This is the last piece of the puzzle though, so I can direct the ports in the firewall to the new server shorty (everything is already synced to it. Another backup...) =)

While I've been testing things here, one of the first disks for the EAB FTP totally crashed. Luckily, if you remember, we had already replaced those two disks so it did not matter much. Just thought it was funny timing. Never trust a seagate... Even thought I have multiple seagate disks in other arrays that have been huffing away for years now, I'm only going for WD RED these days. I have one WD RED that is not working on a raid card for some reason (out of perhaps 30 in total). I've run multiple tests on it and everything checks out but the Areca raid cards just goes "Failed!" on it... no clue.
Old 13 May 2018, 00:20   #2030
PeterK

Today I created an "upload account" with my EAB Login and a new password. The creation of the new account was confirmed. But when I try to connect to the server grandis.nu port 21 via FTP client FileZilla as PeterK with the new password I just get the response "EACCES - access denied". So I also tried it with IE11 at ftp://grandis.nu and I get a Login requester for every directory change. Sometimes the Login is successful, but in other cases the Login requester appears again and again. What am I doing wrong?
Old 13 May 2018, 10:56   #2031
Turran

Configure FileZilla to only connect using 1 or 2 connections and give it another go. There is nothing wrong with your account from what I'm seeing.

Also remember that both username and passwords are case sensitive.

As for IE11, I have no idea there. Are you behind a proxy or something?

Edit: I googled some and it seems there is a firewall blocking you somewhere. If you get an EACCESS error, it means it connects, but when it tries to switch to PASV mode and connect to ports 4000-5000 (PASV MODE) range, it can not get out.

So my guess is that you are either using some kind of proxy, or you have some security software (Norton Security Suite, McAfee or Peerblock ?) installed that blocks connections to port 4000-5000 to grandis.nu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Today I created an "upload account" with my EAB Login and a new password. The creation of the new account was confirmed. But when I try to connect to the server grandis.nu port 21 via FTP client FileZilla as PeterK with the new password I just get the response "EACCES - access denied". So I also tried it with IE11 at ftp://grandis.nu and I get a Login requester for every directory change. Sometimes the Login is successful, but in other cases the Login requester appears again and again. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Turran; 13 May 2018 at 11:08.
Old 13 May 2018, 16:11   #2032
PeterK

Quote:
Configure FileZilla to only connect using 1 or 2 connections and give it another go. There is nothing wrong with your account from what I'm seeing. ...

Edit: I googled some and it seems there is a firewall blocking you somewhere. If you get an EACCESS error, it means it connects, but when it tries to switch to PASV mode and connect to ports 4000-5000 (PASV MODE) range, it can not get out.
Shame on me, you are right, FileZilla was blocked by my Windows firewall. I don't know how the entry disappeared from my whitelist, it was still working on my last Aminet upload. After recreating the whitelist entry now it seems to work as it should. Thanks for your hints.
Old 13 May 2018, 18:59   #2033
Nounouss33

Quote:
I really don't want to give anything for donations except a better and more stable service as donating should be totally voluntary =)

While on the subject, I still have not switched to the new server. Had some issues with the raid card so had to replace it for one I had in storage.. Its only SATA-II though, so we can "only" get ~350MByte/sec from it (Roughly 3.5Tbit/sec).
Unsure if I should go with that and be happy or buy a better one with Sata6...

Edit: Made up my mind. Ordered a new SAS 6G raid card =)
If we make a donation is there any chance to access the FTP server without any restriction even if we do not have the required number of posts ?
Took me ages to download part of the stuff i wanted to take and i see no obvious reason to post useless messages on the forum
Old 13 May 2018, 20:18   #2034
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nounouss33 View Post
If we make a donation is there any chance to access the FTP server without any restriction even if we do not have the required number of posts ?
I'm sorry, I host the FTP and get the donations, but I did not set up the 50post rule. The moderators of the EAB Forum did, in unison with me. I can not really break them just because I get money for it =)

Plus I'd hate for the EAB FTP to get a reputation for being a service you have to pay for.
Old 13 May 2018, 20:22   #2035
Turran

As a side note, the EAB FTP is now running on the new server. 8TB storage and 10Tbit internet. I'd be interested to hear if you find it faster (Not using the anonymous "ftp" account of course).

If something breaks or does not work, please let me know also. The web server is also running on the new server so anything related to that is also of interest.

The old server is still in functioning order, so I can switch back if something goes wrong.
Old 13 May 2018, 21:03   #2036
PeterK

Quote:
As a side note, the EAB FTP is now running on the new server. 8TB storage and 10Tbit internet. I'd be interested to hear if you find it faster.
No, I don't have 10Tbit access to the net and not even any older downloads to compare with, but I was very well surprised that my 16 Mbit/s connection which I pay for could suddenly do more than 46 Mbit/s. Seems that my provider has switched off the speed and bandwidth reduction and I'm happy to get 50 Mbit/s now. A year ago my average limit was just 6 Mbit/s.
Old 14 May 2018, 17:02   #2037
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Hmm I just noticed old WHDLoad dats reappeared in my folder as well as old archives (RuffNTumble_v2.2_0199.lha).
I've deleted them now but probably not all dupes, what happened ?
I can also see yesterday some files in # and A folders were uploaded (not by me), are there Gremlins in the machinery ?
Old 14 May 2018, 17:05   #2038
RCK
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nounouss33 View Post
Took me ages to download part of the stuff i wanted to take and i see no obvious reason to post useless messages on the forum
Hey Olivier, even if it doesn't speed up your access to this FTP server, thanks for the nice monthly donation you setup for abime.net
Old 14 May 2018, 19:01   #2039
Turran

Misdonation! =)
Old 14 May 2018, 19:02   #2040
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
Hmm I just noticed old WHDLoad dats reappeared in my folder as well as old archives (RuffNTumble_v2.2_0199.lha).
I've deleted them now but probably not all dupes, what happened ?
I can also see yesterday some files in # and A folders were uploaded (not by me), are there Gremlins in the machinery ?
Hm, I did the initial sync a while back. Perhaps I did not do a "delete files not on the source" when I did the last sync. I'll have a look..

Edit: Yepp, that must have been it. I did a --delete sync with the old server for the RetroPlay folder and restored the two files you had uploaded since the switch (Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games_(v2018-05-14).zip & AlienBreed_v2.1_0998.lha).

Code:
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/A/AmazingSpiderMan_v1.1_1006.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/A/AlienBreed_v2.1_0998.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/A/AlienBreed_v1.3_0998.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/B/BubbleAndSqueak_v1.2_CD32.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/B/BubbleAndSqueak_v1.2_AGA_0210.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/B/BubbleAndSqueak_v1.2_2398.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/B/Banshee_v3.2_CD32.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/B/Banshee_v3.2_AGA_0633.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/C/CrystalHammer_v1.1_V2.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/C/CrystalHammer_v1.1_V1.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/C/Coala_v1.0_AGA_0242.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/C/Coala_v1.0_0242.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2_v1.07_It_2574.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2_v1.07_Fr.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2_v1.07_Es_2507.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2_v1.07_De_1245.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2_v1.07_0760.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2PlusWorldCup90_v1.07_It_2573.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2PlusWorldCup90_v1.07_Fr.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2PlusWorldCup90_v1.07_De_0689.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2PlusWorldCup90_v1.07_0168.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff2CompetitionVersion_v1.07.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/K/KickOff216_v1.07_2191.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/P/Pod_v1.0.lha
deleting Retroplay/Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Games/Z/ZOut_v3.4_0609.lha
It also copied in the new versions as far as I can see (RuffNTumble_v2.3_0199.lha)

Last edited by Turran; 14 May 2018 at 19:32.