English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 23 January 2014, 20:52   #61
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Didn't use an installer, I used the previous portable version from final.

Currently getting a HTTP error 303 on game database
Old 23 January 2014, 20:57   #62
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

The 2.2.x series didn't have a portable version. There was a zip file you could use instead of the installer, but it worked like the installed version - i.e. it used Documents/FS-UAE instead of being self-contained to the folder you extracted it too.

You mean 401, right? You need to log in to OAGD after upgrading. Perhaps it thinks you are already logged in when upgrading from 2.2.x. I'll try to reproduce.
Old 23 January 2014, 20:59   #63
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
The 2.2.x series didn't have a portable version. There was a zip file you could use instead of the installer, but it worked like the installed version - i.e. it used Documents/FS-UAE instead of being self-contained to the folder you extracted it too.
That might be it, all I can see on top of that was I did have a portable.ini file in my FS-UAE location
Old 23 January 2014, 21:05   #64
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

It is nevertheless a good point, I'll make a note of it in the release notes (that the old zip does not behave the same as portable zip). In such cases, the upgrade method is to also copy the contents from Documents/FS-UAE to where the portable zip is extracted -- or the opposite -- extract the portable zip to Documents/FS-UAE.
Old 23 January 2014, 21:06   #65
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Ok it's working now as in it's trying to log in but saying " wrong email/password " I have no idea what email I used for the game database as I signed up via username/password. Tried sending it to all three of my emails as in reset but nothing so far.

P.S I'll probably make a new FS-UAE folder and start from scratch as I know where all my games/workbench's are located It will save the hastle for the future
Old 23 January 2014, 21:19   #66
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Thought it asks for the email, you can also type in your username and log in with that

Release notes updated with information about the portable distribution (and switching to it if currently using non-portable).
Old 23 January 2014, 21:23   #67
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

There we go!

Might be worth ( if you want ) to change email to Email/Username via that login screen in the next release.

All is good here with a fresh start just copied over all the game folders e.t.c

Cheers for the help

- Loving the new Download option!
Old 23 January 2014, 21:44   #68
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Hey Frode, how far do you think you are from a Final release? I'm looking forward to writing a big article up on my site as soon as it's ready
Old 24 January 2014, 05:36   #69
amiga_Forever
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

kewl FS-uAE works great even full screen, providing you have Show Dashboard/Show Desktop Control disabled via Keyboard (F11) &/or (F12) respectively, its a ok.

However is it possible to change it from F11 ? and use CTRL or SHIft key instead.

Why use function keys as the "control" ? Seems kind of strange.

Also, in FS-USE preferences, how do you disable floppy drive noise? I tried disabling "Default" check-box under Audio, but it just becomes ticked the moment FS-UAE is started.

I always liked he floppy drive noises on my original Amiga, but for some reason, coming from vital, its just sounds annoying... I dunno why, probably cos there are "physically: in two locations.

I also quickly found out the Games DB is really oly for downloaded games... How do you import Your games ? I have 900+ spanning multiple disks in some cases, and would be convenient just to "pick & choose" rather insert disks. Any quick way btw for media swap from full screen ?

Thanks in advance......

One finial thing, It would be good to not only scan config and kick-start but also scan adf directories to, and automatically import games/folder. just a thought.

FYI. this may be the wrong forum, and section, but whats a good C64 emulator for Mac ? Sorry, I'm just hooked now Whatever would i have done without EAB.....
Old 24 January 2014, 09:44   #70
Goingdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga_Forever View Post
I also quickly found out the Games DB is really oly for downloaded games... How do you import Your games ? I have 900+ spanning multiple disks in some cases, and would be convenient just to "pick & choose" rather insert disks. Any quick way btw for media swap from full screen ?

One finial thing, It would be good to not only scan config and kick-start but also scan adf directories to, and automatically import games/folder. just a thought.
If you register to online game database and log in in FS-UAE Launcher, you can scan your adf/whdload files you have and they should automatically appear to FS-UAE Launcher - so long the game is in OAGD database, and you have correct disks/files (it checks SHA sums).

If there is games missing, you should request them to be added to database.
Old 24 January 2014, 21:20   #71
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
However is it possible to change it from F11 ? and use CTRL or SHIft key instead. Why use function keys as the "control" ? Seems kind of strange.
Not configurable right now, hopefully later. But the reason is that for example control is used to emulate the Amiga control key (i.e. the key is already "taken"), whereas the Amiga does not have F11/F12 keys.

Quote:
Also, in FS-USE preferences, how do you disable floppy drive noise? I tried disabling "Default" check-box under Audio, but it just becomes ticked the moment FS-UAE is started.
Please try this version: http://fs-uae.net/download-beta

Quote:
Like @Goingdown said, see http://oagd.net/fs-uae-launcher

Quote:
FYI. this may be the wrong forum, and section, but whats a good C64 emulator for Mac ? Sorry, I'm just hooked now Whatever would i have done without EAB.....
VICE I guess? Should be the most accurate emulator available. See http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/macosx.html.
Old 24 January 2014, 21:24   #72
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Hey Frode, how far do you think you are from a Final release? I'm looking forward to writing a big article up on my site as soon as it's ready
Hi, there's no date, but I'm basically done with FS-UAE 2.4, just waiting for some translations (and looking at some outdated info on fs-uae.net). And if beta problems appear... who knows. Shouldn't take long...
Old 24 January 2014, 22:35   #73
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Cheers!
Old 09 February 2014, 23:23   #74
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new beta version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.99beta3 (“FS-UAE 2.4 Beta 3″):

FS-UAE can use 256 kB chip RAM (and also 128 if you *really* want to).
Updated translations: es [albconde], da [tomse], nb.
(Launcher) Fixed multiple file selection when using PyQt.
(Launcher) Added 256 kB chip RAM to the chip memory selector.
(Launcher) Updated translations: de [jbl007], es [albconde], it [Speedvicio], da [tomse], nb.
(Launcher) Fixed bug where the launcher tries to sync with online DB after logging out from OAGD.net.
(Arcade) Fixed missing ext rom problem when starting CD32 games.
(Arcade) Fixed repeat problem when navigating with joystick hats.

Please see the preliminary release notes for FS-UAE 2.4 for information about what’s new if you are upgrading from FS-UAE 2.2.x.

Prooobably the last beta version before FS-UAE 2.4.0 final
Old 11 February 2014, 02:29   #75
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
A new beta version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.99beta3 (“FS-UAE 2.4 Beta 3″):

FS-UAE can use 256 kB chip RAM (and also 128 if you *really* want to).
Updated translations: es [albconde], da [tomse], nb.
(Launcher) Fixed multiple file selection when using PyQt.
(Launcher) Added 256 kB chip RAM to the chip memory selector.
(Launcher) Updated translations: de [jbl007], es [albconde], it [Speedvicio], da [tomse], nb.
(Launcher) Fixed bug where the launcher tries to sync with online DB after logging out from OAGD.net.
(Arcade) Fixed missing ext rom problem when starting CD32 games.
(Arcade) Fixed repeat problem when navigating with joystick hats.

Please see the preliminary release notes for FS-UAE 2.4 for information about what’s new if you are upgrading from FS-UAE 2.2.x.

Prooobably the last beta version before FS-UAE 2.4.0 final
Thank you Master Frodo! Pleased to see you're still hard at work
Old 12 February 2014, 06:11   #76
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

As I told Toni, when I use an Amiga emulator, I would want to create configurations that emulates every Amiga model released (and that includes the 256k Amiga 1000s). Sorry to be a stickler about this.

Thank you, Frode, for another fine release.
Old 15 February 2014, 14:13   #77
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new beta version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.3.99rc1 (“FS-UAE 2.4 RC 1″):
  • (Launcher)Don’t refresh the online database when running the file scanner.
  • (Launcher) Game database changes for better forward compatibility.
If no problems appear, FS-UAE 2.4.0 will be released shortly
Old 15 February 2014, 14:47   #78
amigafreak68k

CD32 games doesn't start. Emulation runs but only shows the Kickrom Animation from CD32
Old 15 February 2014, 15:03   #79
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Please attach FS-UAE/Cache/Logs/fs-uae.log.txt
Old 15 February 2014, 18:07   #80
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

No problems with CD32 games in Beta 3 and RC 1 here.