English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 02 January 2021, 16:08   #1
Tetris_Stream

Question Streaming FS-UAE using OBS

Hi Guys, very happy to be a member of this forum! Thank you for having me.

It may be that I end up having to ask this question in an OBS forum instead, but well, perhaps one of you will have an answer for me here...

I am running FS-UAE (3.0.5) on my PC. Everything seems to work just fine in terms of running Amiga games.

The only thing is, recently I created a Twitch account to stream Tetris games.

I'm still waiting for my capture card to arrive so I can stream NES games. In the meantime I did a test stream using OBS, showing a jpeg image, and mixing in audio from a youtube video as well as my own mic. All went well (test stream is up on twitch.tv/tetrisstream ).

Then I tried to stream my desktop and that went well too, but when I ran FS-UAE and played Tetris 2, OBS wasn't able to stream it (I just get a black screen, or sometimes a frozen still image from FS-UAE appear).

Is anyone here successfully streaming FS-UAE on OBS? Did you have any initial problems, and if so, how did you solve them?

Also, if anyone has general hints and tips which might relate to my problem, that will be appreciated. Cheers & beers!

EDIT: Oh, I am using Windows 7, and my GFX card is a Ge-Force GTX960.

Last edited by Tetris_Stream; 02 January 2021 at 17:55.
Old 02 January 2021, 16:22   #2
chip

No idea about your issue ...... but welcome to the forum !
Old 02 January 2021, 23:36   #3
Tetris_Stream

Thank you very much. I'm really hoping that someone here is going to be able to help, since I'm not getting any responses at all over at the OBS forum. :-/
Old 03 January 2021, 00:31   #4
cloverskull

I'm not sure how frequently Frode checks this forum, it may be worth filing a github issue - https://github.com/FrodeSolheim/fs-uae
Old 03 January 2021, 00:52   #5
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

So I suspect the Amiga window is a special media playback window. I get this when screen recodering with some dedicated software we have at work. I managed to get OBS to see the playback by not capturing the screen, rather the program itself. I think it was the program itself, or it might of been something similar. Basically the playback from FS-UAE is almost overlaid on top of the desktop. By the way, you should look at upgrading from windows 7. Microsoft stopped supporting that OS last year, so you will be vunerable to attacks more as time goes by.
Old 03 January 2021, 03:42   #6
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

FS-UAE does not do anything special with regards to video, it is using OpenGL quite normally (so for streaming purposes, I assume it should work like any other game / software using OpenGL rendering).
Old 03 January 2021, 04:18   #7
fxgogo
Also known as GarethQ

Yeah that is what the software we use at work uses OpenGL. Thanks for the specifics FrodeSolheim. Goodness, 10 days away from work and my mind goes to mush.
Old 04 January 2021, 00:39   #8
Argo

OBS has no issues capturing FS-UAE on my PC

Last edited by Argo; 04 January 2021 at 10:34.
Old 06 January 2021, 21:42   #9
Tetris_Stream

Hi guys. Thanks very much for the feedback. I will keep plugging away at this issue, and maybe one day I will discover what the problem is with my setup.

Cheers & beers!

EDIT: Problem solved. I had to select the option of streaming a game application rather than streaming my desktop. It was basically a problem caused by my total inexperience with OBS, and not any kind of problem with FS-UAE.

Last edited by Tetris_Stream; 06 January 2021 at 22:11.