English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 27 January 2009, 15:49   #1
DrewPee70
RetroComputerMuseum

Post Retro Computer Museum Gaming Event - May 31st 2009

Just to let you guys know - after the success of our last event - we are hosting another one in May. The exact date is 31st May 2009 - If you are into gaming / computers / consoles etc and can get to Leicestershire this would be right up your street!

We had something like 35 or so machines last time - this time we aim to have at least 50! Feedback was good so we are keeping a similar format. Basically very laid back - you can have a play on anything you want to (if we have it - ).

Either PM me or come to the website for further details. www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk.
Old 08 February 2009, 22:11   #2
DrewPee70
RetroComputerMuseum

Just a small update - we now have a presence on youtube . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/RetroComputerMuseum

Old 09 February 2009, 22:59   #3
pubzombie

I'm gonna go. anybody else here want to come? can car/van share if u want me can drive
Old 09 February 2009, 23:34   #4
CongealedWallrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
I'm gonna go. anybody else here want to come? can car/van share if u want me can drive
Oh I'd love to go! I can't drive (even though I'm getting old) but I live in Scotland so I will have to get the train
Old 10 February 2009, 08:59   #5
DrewPee70
RetroComputerMuseum

It would be good to have you there . . . but I understand, it is a long way.
We will be posting pictures from the day and hopefully a video will be available on our youtube channel too!
Old 11 February 2009, 01:21   #6
CongealedWallrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewPee70 View Post
It would be good to have you there . . . but I understand, it is a long way.
We will be posting pictures from the day and hopefully a video will be available on our youtube channel too!
May is quite good for me acually. Where abouts is this meeting? I know its at your Museum but where is that? I guess it is England somewhere. My geography is aweful, it'd be a miracle if I found you
Old 11 February 2009, 08:56   #7
DrewPee70
RetroComputerMuseum

@CongealedWllrs . . .
Im pleased that you are interested!
Our Retro Gaming Events are held in a hall in a village called Swannington, the full address is . . . The Institute, Swannington, Coalville, Leicestershire LE67 8QL.
We don't have full time premises for our museum yet, it is still 'sort of' online only at the moment, our forums are very busy though!
We are looking for premises but due to the economic climate at the moment, this is proving to be rather difficult. Our aim eventually is to get a museum that is full of consoles, computers and some arcade machines fully open to the public, to be able to play, program, whatever people want to do.
If you want any further information either PM me or contact me through our website.
Andy
Old 11 February 2009, 12:07   #8
pubzombie

Hi Andy,
well you never know - silver linings and all that - the current economic climate may end up helping with available properties. my job is not safe so I may end up being made redundant - I will have time out to help with stuff if you need any.
Pz
Old 11 February 2009, 12:29   #9
DrewPee70
RetroComputerMuseum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pubzombie View Post
Hi Andy,
well you never know - silver linings and all that - the current economic climate may end up helping with available properties. my job is not safe so I may end up being made redundant - I will have time out to help with stuff if you need any.
Pz

Thanks Pz - Hope you don't loose your job! It really is terrible at the moment - I work in the print trade and it is dire - loads of printers are going to the wall - hope things do pick up - for us all!
But thank you for your offer of help though - always good to know!

Andy
Old 11 February 2009, 12:46   #10
pubzombie

@Andy - well its backs to the wall time. I am in the black country and there are a lot of printers here, in fact there is one opposite my home; he is a family business and he has just laid off 3 members of staff. Poor sods are sat on the wall outside the printers and have offered to help out for nothing. Ironically, I was talking to the chaps yesterday, and they say the home-computer has damaged a lot of their work cos folks/businesses are doing printing themselves. I have already gone on a part-time contract - hope things pick up. See you at byte-back,
Pz
Old 20 February 2009, 10:22   #11
DrewPee70
RetroComputerMuseum

A small update - Tickets are now on sale - please see our website for further details.

www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk

Thanks!
Old 23 February 2009, 08:40   #12
DrewPee70
RetroComputerMuseum

Our invite . . .

Hello again!

Our invite here shows what is going on . . .

http://www.retrocomputermuseum.co.uk...nvite_2009.zip

Hope you enjoy he invite! and can come along to our event!

further information can be found on our website!