English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 April 2016, 21:51   #1
methodman

Hard directory for system error RW

I have run into this problem in multiple configs.
I created a harddirectory named system for workbench but when I went to install the Picasso uae drivers it reports that the system drive is not read writable and says its copy protected.l The properties directory has it check to for rw but I can'[t copy anything to it.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 April 2016, 21:55   #2
methodman

What am I missing. The you tube videos also don't cover this or they use hacks of the workbench disk without explaining where I find their resources. Winuae 12 part from Lemon Amiga I found too confusing to follow. Nor can I obtain the programs he is using. Someone needs to make tutorials using standard issue workbenches. Not all this hacked up os. I can't get any of my configs to work right. and I use top be able to get Picasso up easily. Are we now supposed to use PicassoIv instead of the winuae choice? The complexity of this emulator is confusing without explanations.
Old 20 April 2016, 21:59   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

If you mean directory harddrive, do you have write access in Windows side? (Can copy files using Windows Explorer without getting errors or asking for admin privileges)

For example anything under Program Files is not writable normally.

EDIT: Another common reason: files were originally copied from read-only media. Make sure files don't have Windows read-only flag set.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 20 April 2016 at 22:05.
Old 21 April 2016, 01:26   #4
methodman

Thanks Tony for a great emulator

What I did was I wanted to learn something about the HD creation system so I created 5 Setups with 3 drives System Programs and Games and I put the requirements from the Green Alien guide into the programs directory. In each configuration. In one config One I wanted to have a hardfile for wb , In another I wanted to have a hdrive with workbench. Then I wanted a pure 1200 so I only put the configuration with the Amiga 20 on it but Picasso96 wouldn't write correctly to any of my configurations which I dumped from the windows side. How do I tell if the windows side is read only ?None of my configs work. and I am trying the Green Alien websites guides. The Amiga Lemon you tube was so confusing I couldn't follow it.
Old 21 April 2016, 03:18   #5
methodman

OK I went through the various winuae drives I had made and clicked on properties which were all read only. So I changed them to read and write. So I'll try it again. Will Picasso 96 work on an A1200? I'll start from scratch and try again?
Old 21 April 2016, 14:04   #6
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by methodman View Post
OK I went through the various winuae drives I had made and clicked on properties which were all read only. So I changed them to read and write. So I'll try it again. Will Picasso 96 work on an A1200? I'll start from scratch and try again?
Make sure you give it some memory... or it will not luv ya.
AdSense AdSense