English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 04 February 2018, 20:12   #881
jabybau

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Self it does not allow you to format it may be that the CF have physical problems.
(i siti Italiani sono amigapage.it e amiganews.it)
yes, the CF might have some issues but since it works great and I have 10gb free to do what I need with games and apps it is good to me though....If I cannot solve it, I'll keep it this way.....
ci sentiamo su quei siti magari....
tks mate....grazie!!!
Old 08 February 2018, 00:21   #882
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

If you are Ok with that partitions (yep, imagine 10Gb free back in the day ) then you can rid of that "GDH3:NDOS" on screen just making a right click on screen, select Settings, Environment, Desktop and then in the "Hidden drives" window that opens just mark that partition.

Thanks AmigaSystem.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 February 2018 at 00:29.
Old 08 February 2018, 10:52   #883
jabybau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
If you are Ok with that partitions (yep, imagine 10Gb free back in the day ) then you can rid of that "GDH3:NDOS" on screen just making a right click on screen, select Settings, Environment, Desktop and then in the "Hidden drives" window that opens just mark that partition.

Thanks AmigaSystem.

yes good idea....I thought I had a chance to recover that partion in some way but actually if I cannot work it out, I'll hide it....brutally!!!
Old 04 April 2018, 19:16   #884
manowar77

hi
can you help me please ?

i have bought ak real 9 for my A1200 cf card 8go, 2 mo chip 16 mo with GVP jaws II 68EC030 40mhz
all is installed WB OS 3.9 +BB1 BB2 and Full install AK real

but is really too slowly
Why ?
Thnks

Regards

Old 04 April 2018, 19:30   #885
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by manowar77 View Post
i have bought ak real 9 for my A1200 cf card 8go, 2 mo chip 16 mo with GVP jaws II 68EC030 40mhz
but is really too slowly
Why ?
Well, AKReal is a bit tough for a 030 40 MHz system so it is expected to be a bit slow. It should ideally be used on a high-end system like a 060. Which resolution/colors are you using? If you are using 256 colors, then that would also cause slow speed, so try turning it down.

Btw, AKReal is free (if you already have WB3.9)..
Old 04 April 2018, 22:44   #886
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You can make it faster trying some of this: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=425

Read this too: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=745 and also watch how a Blizzard 030 behaves with those icons:

[ Show youtube player ]

The 16 colors icons pack is a must with slow Amigas.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 April 2018 at 02:18.
Old 05 April 2018, 10:55   #887
manowar77

hi, my Ak real are not free
i bought one for 9.95€ why ? otherwise nothing link to download them
So Thnks i will try that

regards

Old 05 April 2018, 11:34   #888
manowar77

i have try but GURU meditation in boot screen and no booting to WB screen

I can not do anything a person can make me a clean image and that works on my configuration please?

Old 06 April 2018, 01:37   #889
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry but you don't tell anything about what you've done.

Edit: So it was working slowly for you yesterday and now it shows a guru?. What have you done?

The best way to make changes is to make them one by one and try them afterwards.

Last edited by Retrofan; 07 April 2018 at 03:04.
Old 17 April 2018, 04:20   #890
Sal

I need a little help here - please!
I recently installed AKR9 on my AK4/40 with a mrkII and 128 MB, but there is no letters on the screen at all except on bitmaps off cause. Its the standard ss and it wprks on one of my A3Ks?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 21 April 2018, 00:01   #891
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I don't have an A4000 with a 040 (sorry). Install it on WinUAE and try it or ask me how to make it by PM if you like. It works on WinUAE.

It looks like you've missed some of the requirements. To start, please install it over a working OS3.9 BB2 using a 030 and later install the 040 drivers.
Old 01 May 2018, 01:25   #892
madlax

New

Hello,

I recently put together an A1200 with ACA1233n and CF Card. Pretty happy about that. AKReal runs pretty well on it. I am using the 16 color icons from Ken.

But I have a couple of questions.

When I try to start AfA_OS Prefs program it says Afa is not running, but it appears to be running. Any idea what's going on there?

Secondly, in the menubar is the AmiKit logo on the left hand side. I would like to remove it But I can't figure out how.

Finally, icons. Are there other alternative 16 color icon sets readily available? Somehow I remember being asked at one point by an installer if I want to have OS3.5

Loving AKreal!

I also managed to order an Indivision AGA today super happy

Thanks!
Old 01 May 2018, 12:13   #893
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Wonderful madlax. Very happy seing you happy with a slow miggy even

About your questions:

- AfAOS needs RTG, so forget about using it with your accelerator. Use WinUAE if you want to use it.

- That Start menu is tricky to change or remove if you don't know how. This is how:
Press Ctrl and the right mice button over the AmiKit logo image and then a short menu appears. Click on Close.
Then make a left and then right click on screen. Select "Settings", "Save layout". Now you can reboot and Start menu won't be there.
If you want to load another Start menu click on screen as commented and select "Buttons" "Start menu". To fix it there you'll have to make a "Save layout" later as commented.

The fastest menus are this, the WBDock menu and the new TinyLauncher one
AmiDock slows down the booting a bit so better not to use it in a slow miggy.

To use the new TinyLauncher one you enter in AmiKit:WBStartup and move LittleClock to the Disabled drawer there. Then click on MorpheuZ and select "Preferences", "Tinymeter & Docks", select "Right bar" and then let it from booting.

- About the icons, yes, there are a couple more possibilities, but in your case I would stick with the 16C Ken's one.
For example if you want to use the Ken's icons being a bit faster than the originals (but not so fast as the 16 colors ones) you could use the 16 colors Ken's icons installer, select to recover the original icons (as you are actually using the 16C ones) and after a reboot, in AmiKit/Tools there is a script called "Icons to 3.5 format" to convert them all.

And you also have another icon pack in the site: The Mattahan one, but it's made for more colors and larger screen modes.

Last edited by Retrofan; 01 May 2018 at 12:29.
Old 01 May 2018, 18:24   #894
madlax

Hello Retrofan!

Thank you for the detailed instructions! I would have never figured this out on my own

I have a follow up question. I managed to order an Indivision AGA. Will the Indivision AGA make a difference? Or in other words would I be able to use high-color icons?

And HEY, my Miggy is not slow
Old 01 May 2018, 18:53   #895
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

YEs, the indi "will make a difference", but not as good as you think in your case.

Why? Becase you will like to user larger screen modes, BUT that will slow down a bit your miggy.

It won't make anything for seeing them faster. What if offers is a better definition and more screen modes.
Old 21 June 2018, 09:35   #896
pcotter

Coming up soon! Vampirizer 2.9
- FPU
- AFA OS Enabled
- PowerWindowsNG
- Small Optimizations

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 21 June 2018, 22:18   #897
pcotter

Hi,

how can i disable the blue Menu requester?
https://imgur.com/x6eM1or
https://imgur.com/CKoFJ5L
Thank you,

Pedro

Got it!
hmmm no one around?

Last edited by pcotter; 23 June 2018 at 09:29. Reason: Got it!
Old 23 June 2018, 09:31   #898
pcotter

If anyone wishes to try the Vampirizer PM me ;-)
Old 24 June 2018, 23:06   #899
pcotter

AmikitRealVampirizer permanent link:
https://pcotter.wordpress.com/2018/0...ampirizer-2-9/

Last edited by pcotter; 24 June 2018 at 23:06. Reason: spelling
Old 29 June 2018, 02:39   #900
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Sorry, I've taken a week for holidays this year. Since the 21st till tomorrow the 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcotter View Post
Hi,
how can i disable the blue Menu requester?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
...- That Start menu is tricky to change or remove if you don't know how. This is how:
Press Ctrl and the right mice button over the AmiKit logo image and then a short menu appears. Click on Close.
Then make a left and then right click on screen. Select "Settings", "Save layout". Now you can reboot and Start menu won't be there.
If you want to load another Start menu click on screen as commented and select "Buttons" "Start menu". To fix it there you'll have to make a "Save layout" later as commented.
... You can also move the position of the Start menu image moving it to where you like and saving the layout later. You can also move to the right the text shown in the workbench bar if you want (just ask me).

I'll be glad to be of any help if you send me a PM with any question.

Wonderful upgrades that you are doing with your AKReal Vampirizer installer using the latest cores for the Vampire and including PowerWindows, FPU and AfAOS; congratulations .

As you know I won't be able to try a Vampire till they release the one for the A1200. In fact it's incredible seing you using such amazing setup with an A2000.

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 June 2018 at 03:16.