English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 10 December 2002, 01:51   #1
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Question Blade of Destiny Problems

I downloaded 8 disks worth of Blade of Destiny but I'm unable to get it to work at all. It won't even boot! The files all have a [b] in the filename which I guess means bad. Does this mean the ADFs are no good or that it just doesn't emulate under WinUAE?
Old 10 December 2002, 10:34   #2
oldpx

Try to install in under workbench and play it from HD, you'll be asked to swap disks many times otherwise anyway. It does emulate perfectly under WinUAE but I only tried it as HD installed.

Old 10 December 2002, 11:43   #3
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Unhappy Boohoo

Quote:
Originally posted by Burseg
Try to install in under workbench and play it from HD, you'll be asked to swap disks many times otherwise anyway. It does emulate perfectly under WinUAE but I only tried it as HD installed.
No can do. All the disks come up as DF0:Uninitialized, DF1:Uninitialized, DF2:Uninitialized etc. Maybe the disks I downloaded are bad.
Old 10 December 2002, 11:51   #4
_Bnu

[b] does usually mean "Bad dump" when it comes to these ROM database-thingies, yeah.

Old 10 December 2002, 12:14   #5
oldpx

The only version available in tosec is [b] it seems!
I sweat I installed this one from a tosec version. Anyway, I'll transfer the installed dir back from miggy to pc and upload to the zone

Old 10 December 2002, 12:39   #6
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Cool Cool

Quote:
[B]The only version available in tosec is it seems!
I sweat I installed this one from a tosec version. Anyway, I'll transfer the installed dir back from miggy to pc and upload to the zone
That would be great. Thanks Burseg. It's one game I've not played. Is it any good? If it's anything like Eye of the Beholder or Dungeon Master then I'll be happy.

PS. You should see a doctor about that sweating problem.

Last edited by Steve; 10 December 2002 at 12:45.
Old 10 December 2002, 13:17   #7
oldpx

Quote:
PS. You should see a doctor about that sweating problem
um. what...oh....bwahahahahahah

This is a VERY detailed game, somewhat non-linear as well. At least you can choose where to go and what to do. Apart from being 1st person in cities and dungeons, it doesn't play like eob or dm. It's more like might and magic VI or daggerfall on pc. Battle screens are 3rd person and turn based unlike eob or dm.

I think you'll enjoy it but creating your party needs extreme attention, you may spend hours doing that. There is a premade party but I don't like to play with it personally.

Both parts are ready, get it from the zone

Old 10 December 2002, 14:00   #8
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Happy Woohoo

Thanks. I'll go give it a try and let you know what I think.
Old 11 December 2002, 12:18   #9
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Thumbs up Works Great...

Apart from slight graphical glitches but that's probably cos I'm running it from OS 3.9 using AGA. I'll make a HDF out of it and try it with a different setup. It plays fine though. It reminds me of Ishar 3. It has the same size display and the walking around a city and visiting shops. Looks like it could be quite good. I didn't try out any fighting but I do miss the Arrow buttons from DM & EOB & Ishar. It makes it a bit awkward to walk around. I was impressed with the auto-mapping feature though. I expect it was quite an innovative feature when it was released. I'll give it a proper play over the weekend when I can devote a bit more time to it.
Old 11 December 2002, 13:56   #10
oldpx

Quote:
Apart from slight graphical glitches but that's probably cos I'm running it from OS 3.9 using AGA.
The real thing...try the real thing It's one of the few old games that can directly use a VGA monitor connected to amiga with dblpal/dblntsc screenmode

If memory serves me right, you should be able to walk with numeric keys too.

Old 11 December 2002, 16:32   #11
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Evil grin

Quote:
The real thing...try the real thing It's one of the few old games that can directly use a VGA monitor connected to amiga with dblpal/dblntsc screenmode

If memory serves me right, you should be able to walk with numeric keys too.
Damn. Now I wish I had a VGA->Amiga adapter plug.