English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 24 July 2012, 07:49   #1
vagrant

Questions regarding scans / FTP

I submitted a number of scans quite a few years ago (it came from the desert, midwinter II etc.)
These days I'm selling off all my software (around 1000 games/apps), but not without first scanning all manuals/content.
If you guys are still interested I can upload everything I do (about 40 games so far..)
Everything adheres to the guidelines, however I'm taking one step further and creating the pdf's myself..

Firstly, assuming it still exists, could somebody please PM me the FTP details so I can have access to my old scans and save having to do them again.

Also, if it's possible to get access to ALL scans that have been submitted then this would be much appreciated.. no doubt would save me many 100's of hours scanning
Old 25 July 2012, 04:43   #2
source
Zone Friend

there is a post here about a manual archive that has games, apps, hardware etc. http://amiga-manuals.npage.de/willkommen.html is the link. try there to see if your games have already been scanned.
Old 25 July 2012, 06:24   #3
vagrant

Thanks, I already have that page bookmarked
Sadly a lot of the manuals there have been heavily compressed, poorly cropped, no posturize etc.. though the site has been handy in a few instances.

AFAIK only a handful of SPS games ever had their scans 'officially' released.. I assume there's a huge amount of unreleased scans, I'd love to know what happened to them
Old 01 August 2012, 12:11   #4
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

All content is regularly moved offline due to space constraints. I have to check where your scans are and how we could put them up for you...
Old 03 August 2012, 10:54   #5
vagrant

I'd appreciate that, but if it proves a bit taxing then I'll just scan them in again I guess - what I submitted is probably around 0.3% of what needs to be done.
TBH it was access to 'all' the scans I was mainly hoping for

I think there's only 5-8 games that have been released with scans, surely you guys must have many more games that are 'complete' with scans. It's a lot of work.. maybe the time involved editing files and creating pdf's is what has held these back from release?
Old 05 August 2012, 00:48   #6
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

Yes, but we are pretty much buried underneath all the dumps stuff. If someone would want to volunteer to help and get the scanning done... I was even thinking about helping / cooperating with HOL, as there's loads of stuff already in there.

We must have gigabytes of scans...
Old 05 August 2012, 06:40   #7
vagrant

Thought that might be the case!
Count me in for that.. my time is definitely better spent finalizing what you guys already have rather then scanning all my stuff that's probably already been submitted